UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Death Robes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athena

Account Terminated
[SVN] Death Robes

Behavior on Demise: Death robes follow the decay timer of all other items.

Behavior on OSI: They decay after 60 seconds from dropping on the ground.

Supporting Documentation (URLs):
None needed, I've verified this on OSI myself.

Changes needed:
Change the decay time for death robes to 60 seconds.

Code (optional):
None

Re: [CODER NEEDED] Death Robes

death robes... or also grey robes that are bought from NPCs?

What if:
- you put a death robe on ground, take it and put it on ground again?
- you color the death robe and put it on ground?

Athena

Account Terminated

This report is only for death robes, no other robes are included, NPC robes will decay as all normal items do.

If you pick it up off of the ground and put it back on the ground it will still decay after 1 minute from the point it's put on the ground and only if it stays on the ground.

It will not decay inside containers, secured or unsecured.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Death robes should not be dyable and are considered a different item than the robes crafted by players or purchased from NPCs. Also note vet reward robes will also need to be included in the testing for whatever fix is posted for this report.

Athena

Account Terminated

I was able to dye my death robe on OSI.

I'm going to check faction robes next, I can't check vet reward robes as my account is not old enough.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

ah, faction robes.... and ... wow, wonder when they made them dyable (I remember trying to dye my very first death robe LOL)

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

LadyCrimson;593173 said:
Death robes should not be dyable and are considered a different item than the robes crafted by players or purchased from NPCs. Also note vet reward robes will also need to be included in the testing for whatever fix is posted for this report.

On OSI

I have always used a dyed death robe because it behaves like a blessed item
stays in my back pack

Athena

Account Terminated

I just tested a faction robe and it doesn not decay in 60 seconds.

psz

Administrator
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Death Robes

Welll.... THOUGHT I had this.

This patch works (Death Robes decay in 1 minute), but I can't seem to get the serialization to reconcile with existing Death Robes... So all existing Death Robes end up getting deleted.

Because of this I couldn't test existing Death Robes (since they all got deleted :-P). New ones decay in 1 minute.

I'm sure one of our fine C# Savy Players (or staff!) will see where I screwed up, and point out how it's just a one line fix ;->

Attachments

• DeathRobe.patch
    4 KB · Views: 6

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

ok, then I'll shift this back to CODER NEEDED and someone else can pick it up where you left off :)

Copern

Sorceror

This should fix the serialization problem. I don't think it's supposed to decay in your pack or while you are wearing it after you rez so I added that in.

Also, anyone know if these are supposed to decay while locked down?

Attachments

• deathrobe.patch
    2.8 KB · Views: 5

psz

Administrator

No, they should behave like any other item, just decay FASTER on the ground.

Is this how you've got it at the moment?

Copern

Sorceror

Yup. Just took yours and made sure it doesn't decay in backpacks or after rez and worked with serialization.

Edit: But I don't check for lockdown status, will add that in.

There we are, doesn't decay when locked down now.

Attachments

• deathrobe.patch
    2.9 KB · Views: 17

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [TESTING] Death Robes

the only way to get a death robe to decay in one minute seems to be putting it on the floor, dyed death robes
still decay in one minute.
It does not decay if locked down, in a container, in your backpack, in a container in your backpack, in a secure container, in an animals pack, in your bankbox or in a trash barrel (takes 3 minutes).

Other type of robe do not seem to be affected by this decay timer and still seem to take an hour to decay.
Checked reward robes, faction robes, npc robes, replicas, crafted robes, minor arties, monk robes, elven robes and gm robes.

I'm just watching some other robes decay atm to make sure they do still decay after an hour, which is fun :(
i'll edit when thats done.
Looks good so far though. :)

*EDIT* all other robes do decay after one hour except gm robes but i don't think they are supposed to ;)

uome

Bug Hunter

Sorry forgot to list that but yes i have tested and death robes do not decay while being worn.

Copern

Sorceror

One minor niggle I have to fix. When the server saves with a death robe on the ground, on server up it might be deleted depending on how much time was left. For example, saving and shutting down with 15 seconds left on the timer, if server comes back up 15 seconds later, robe will be gone. Easy to fix, will have that up in a little bit.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

There is actually another bug report about timers ticking down during world saves so I'm not sure it needs addressed here.... that's your call.

LC

Status
Not open for further replies.