UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Pets logging out with owner is not right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Player

Wanderer
[SVN] Pets logging out with owner is not right

Sorry I don't have the fixes but:

--Pet following speed is off (as in too slow)

--On OSI, when you relog, if you have a pet/s (whether dead or alive), your pet/s would automatically be right there with you upon the relog.

--The ridgeback spawn southwest of Compassion in Ilshenar is totally off. There should be anywhere from 4 to 8 normal ridgebacks spawning where the brown bears, great harts, and dire wolves are located. This makes taming at high levels even more difficult when you can't find creatures to tame.

It's been around a year and a half up to maybe two years since I last logged onto OSI, but this is how I remember some stuff being on my tamer especially.

Re: Issues that mostly affect tamers...

Random Player;582218 said:
--On OSI, when you relog, if you have a pet/s (whether dead or alive), your pet/s would automatically be right there with you upon the relog.

Is the pet tamed or bonded?

If it's bonded, it's invalid because already fixed

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Logging off with bonded pets is fixed on Demise.

Also - while the report is appreciated, if you can find recent documentation (preferrably from official UO sites) it helps the coders identify the issues. If you can't find documentation, that's fine.

The spawn request actually needs to go to the General Forum thread to the requests stickied at the top by psz. If its just number, speed, or location of spawn - that can be fixed by in game staff easily.

Random Player

Wanderer

I just told my bonded nightmare to stay in one spot, ran a few screens away, relogged and my nightmare was not with me as it would be on OSI, that's why I asked it if was fixed on OSI.

I don't normally spend a lot of time on sites or forums, but I'll see what I can find that might support the fixes.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I can confirm (without documentation) that on OSI, when a person logs out and back in again, their pets, regardless of where they are in the world, that are stabled will log back in with the character, right next to them.

It was a cheap and quick way to find lost pets :) Log out, in again - pet is right next to you.

My apologies Random as I didn't know this is specifically what you were talking about.

LC

Random Player

Wanderer

Not just when pets are stabled though..... pets that are alive or dead and outside should be next to you. On Demise they aren't being pulled to ya.

Xavier

Account Terminated
[CODER NEEDED] unbonded pets dont log

Type: Broken Feature

Basic Description: Tamed, unbonded pets should log out with their owner

Way to experience: Tame a horse and log? :eek:

Detailed Description: Tamed, unbonded pets dont log out with their owner

Links: None - I have tested this on OSI myself

Related: http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115791 (Taming updates)

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter
Re: unbonded pets dont log

Only bonded pets auto stable.
Pets log out when the player character is removed from the game.
Pets will auto stable even if your stable is full.

These points are all from OSI test reports from 1 person. If one is inaccurate all should probably be retested.

Athena

Account Terminated

Unbonded pets are auto-stabled too, I just tested on OSI.

I left my unbonded horse 2 screens away from me, logged out then back in and it appeared where I relogged 2 screens away from it's original position.

I also left the horse outside my house in malas recalled to brit bank, logged out, logged back in and my unbonded horse was there with me.

I also had an occasion a few days ago when I logged in one morning my horse wasn't there but I was able to reclaim it from the stables.

Xavier

Account Terminated

Nikki_Demise;587399 said:
Only bonded pets auto stable.
Pets log out when the player character is removed from the game.
Pets will auto stable even if your stable is full.

These points are all from OSI test reports from 1 person. If one is inaccurate all should probably be retested.

definitely happens as I stated on OSI.

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

SRC Xavier;587506 said:
definitely happens as I stated on OSI.

Well my information came from OSI tests as you can clearly see from uome's link if the one report is inaccurate the other 2 may be also and need verified don't you think?

Xavier

Account Terminated

Nikki_Demise;587515 said:
Well my information came from OSI tests as you can clearly see from uome's link if the one report is inaccurate the other 2 may be also and need verified don't you think?

ohh....... Tired had turned into exhausted by the time I got back home last night. Ya, I think "Pets will auto stable even if your stable is full." could use a spin on OSI.

The other two points are resolved, IMO.

psz

Administrator
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Pets logging out with owner is not right

Merged two related threads.

MalGanis

Sorceror

What about pack animals, will they auto stable too?

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

MalGanis;601315 said:
What about pack animals, will they auto stable too?

They should not auto stable if they have something in their packs

If they are empty yes

MalGanis

Sorceror

Heres the fix:

• Auto stable works for all tamed creatures with the exception of summons, pack animals with something in their pack.

Attachments

• AutoStable.patch
    2.2 KB · Views: 5

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Setting to test status.

Please remember to test auto stabling on tames, summons of all kinds (those that are commanded and those that are not), bonded animals, packies with and without items, NPC hirelings, pets released moments before log.... all tested in both a fel and tram facet AND next to and screens away... on login, the animals you logged out with should be returned to your side (ie not stabled, just standing next to you unless you were mounted, then of course you are still mounted cuz that one didn't autostable).

LC

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: [TESTING] Pets logging out with owner is not right

Oh - and a quick reminder - please do remember to "call" a CODER NEEDED post when you begin working on it to prevent someone else from working on it at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.