UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Player vendors say name of person purchasing items

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oaks

Knight
[SVN] Player vendors say name of person purchasing items

Type: Minor bug.

Basic Description: Player vendor announces the name of the player who buys a bod.

Way to experience: Buy a bod located inside a bod book from a player vendor.

Detailed Description: I have only noticed this today while macroing a bit near my own vendors. Whenever someone buys a bod (located inside a bod book) from my vendor, the vendor will say the name of the player who bought a bod. Further testing with a char from another account shows that this is not visible to the buyer, but will be to anyone else.

Links: -

Code: -

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: Player vendor announces name of bod buyer.

Hmmm actually, if I remember correctly from OSI (I'll have to test), the NPC Player Vendor announces the name of the person regardless of what they buy. So, the report would go the opposite - the vendor doesn't announce the name with every purchase.

This is only for player vendors tho, not standard town NPCs.

psz

Administrator
Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Player vendor announces name of bod buyer.

Still waiting on an OSI test.

An actual test would be better, but I remember, when my OSI trial account was active, when I buy something from the vendor he says (in the Ultima font and in dark grey) the name of the buyer.
In my case, as you buy a item, a "Kalisto Borinson" appeared on the head of the vendor.

MalGanis

Sorceror

I remember it too. Player vendors announce the name of the buyer regardless of what he buys.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

If I buy from a player vendor the vendor says my name
If I go to buy from a player vendor and do not have the funds to actually buy the item the vendor says my name
The second if I discovered today 14AUG09 when I went to verify the comma on the last gump(which does not exist) when you purchase from a player vendor

Erica

Knight

I.P.Knightly;604848 said:
If I buy from a player vendor the vendor says my name
If I go to buy from a player vendor and do not have the funds to actually buy the item the vendor says my name
The second if I discovered today 14AUG09 when I went to verify the comma on the last gump(which does not exist) when you purchase from a player vendor

This is correct i should know i buy off player vendors a lot on osi.

Re: [CODER NEEDED] Player vendors say name of person purchasing items

Here's a patch.

(is there a way to have the "Ultima" font type like in OSI?)

Attachments

• sayvendor.patch
    458 bytes · Views: 4

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
Re: [TESTING-TC] Player vendors say name of person purchasing items

Don't know if it has been changed on osi. The player vendors can all be open simultaneously if the phrase "Vendor View" is mentioned near any grouping of player vendors. Whereby the vendors all open within like 2 tiles from the said player having said quoted phrase.

Makes it a lot easier to vendor hop. I use to do this all the time. Although maybe it was a few more tiles. I remember running up next to a cluster of player vendors and opening like 9 at a time.

I don't know about a Vendor View command. If there is one, you'd better to open a new report for it.

Anyway, I placed a vendor in TC headquarters. Please test it because it costs me about 200k per day :p

uome

Bug Hunter

Tested on Demise TC:

The vendor says the name of the person buying an item regardless of what the item is and it's price.
The vendor says the persons name when they are buying bods.
The vendor says the players name even if they cannot afford the item.

It all looks good to me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.