UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Rune Book Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SVN] Rune Book Issue

Behavior on Demise: Runebooks are useable from other characters bags.

Behavior on OSI: You aren't allowed to pick up an opened runebook. You get the system message "You cannot pick that up". You have to close the book to move it.

Detailed Description: When you open a runebook, and trade it with someone else (complete trade), you can still use it, up to 4 or 5 tiles away.

Changes needed: Make the runebooks unmovable if open.

Re: Rune Book Issue

On OSI, you aren't allowed to pick up an opened runebook. You get a system message "You cannot pick that up" or something like that. You have to close the book to move it.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror
Re: Rune Book Issue

California_Dreaming;665763 said:
On OSI, you aren't allowed to pick up an opened runebook. You get a system message "You cannot pick that up" or something like that. You have to close the book to move it.

You are correct
Trying to pick up the open rune book or any other rune book gives you that message

Attachments

• Dusty Bottoms_12-4_12.51.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-4_12.51.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 136

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [TESTING-TC] Rune Book Issue

Tested on Demise TC:

Tested:
Cannot open a runebook and pick it up of the floor.
Cannot open a runebook and move it around in your pack.
Cannot open a runebook and put it into a trade window.
Checked books in vendors and locked down books and they behave as they should.
Checked dyed books.
Checked new and existing books and both behave the same way.

Bugs maybe:
When a runebook is on the floor and charachter 1 has it open, charachter 2 can pick up the rune book. Char 1 can still use the opened runebook from char 2's backpack within the 4 tile range.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

uome;666561 said:
Tested on Demise TC:
Bugs maybe:
When a runebook is on the floor and charachter 1 has it open charachter 2 can pick up the rune book. Char 1 can still use the opened runebook from char 2's backpack within the 4 tile range.

I just tested this on OSI TC it took forever to get someone to pick it up when someone finally did I forgot to take the screen shot ( DOH! )

I set a default location and made a ( Razor ) macro to recall off the rune book
I could not recall off the book in their possession with it closed or open

Copern

Sorceror

Do you remember what message it gave when you tried? Also, I guess the book remained open after the other player picked it up?

uome

Bug Hunter

On Demise TC:
I can't recal off the book in someone elses pack having the default location set and targeting the book with a recal spell macro. I get the message "that is not accessible"
I have to use the buttons inside the book when it is in someone elses pack and be within the 4 tile range.

Sounds osi like to me so far :)

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

uome;666632 said:
On Demise TC:
I can't recal off the book in someone elses pack having the default location set and targeting the book with a recal spell macro. I get the message "that is not accessible"
I have to use the buttons inside the book when it is in someone elses pack and be within the 4 tile range.

Sounds osi like to me so far :)

This other person ( the 2nd character ) was in the same guild/alliance?If you were not in the same guild/alliance were you in Fel?

As far as I know you can snoop a persons back pack all you want if guilded/allied and/or in Fel. You can also snoop other containers in the main back pack ( excluding trapped boxes unlocked paragon chests etc...).You can only look at the items or steal them.You can not manipulate any items in a persons back pack.You can not move items piled on top of each other you can not make seperate piles of things ( like gold ) I do not see how you can open a rune book turn pages and recall all in another persons back pack.And you are not allowed to snoop non guild/alliance members anywhere outside of Fel.But thats OSI's way

Attachments

• Dusty Bottoms_12-6_18.22.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-6_18.22.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 86

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

The message that I get when I try to open the rune book is as the screen shot " That is inaccessible "

I do not get a message if I try to recall or gate.Nothing happens at all.Opposite of Demise where you get that message " That is inaccessible " if you try to recall/gate/sacred journey

Copern

Sorceror

Here we are.

Attempting to pick up any runebook while one is open will give the message "You cannot pick that up."
If the runebook is open and someone else picks it up, pages can still be turned but attempting to rename, set default, or recall/gate/sacred journey from the gump will close it and nothing will happen (no messages).
If a macro is set to target a book that was picked up by someone else, nothing will happen after attempting to recall/gate/sacred journey and no messages are given.

Attachments

• runebook.patch
    3 KB · Views: 0

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

You can not pick up a rune book or turn pages in a rune book or double click a rune book to open it to the index that is in another person's possession.You can not recall or open a gate or sacred journey from a rune book in another person's possession.

You can not double click a rune book to open it if it is in a pack animals pack.You also can not recall or open a gate or sacred journey from a rune book in a pack animal's pack.

Once a rune book becomes someone else's possession you can only look at it if you can snoop the person.They are blessed they can not be stolen either.

If the runebook is open and someone else picks it up, pages can still be turned but attempting to rename, set default, or recall/gate/sacred journey from the gump will close it and nothing will happen (no messages).

This statement above.

You place a rune book on the ground
You open the rune book
If I walk by and pick it up
The open rune book that you see open closes up

Copern

Sorceror

Oops, will fix that. Can you recall/gate from a book in a pack animal's pack if you own the pack animal?

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Copern;667350 said:
Oops, will fix that. Can you recall/gate from a book in a pack animal's pack if you own the pack animal?

No you can not and you can not double click it either. Page 1 has the screen shot of that situation

Copern

Sorceror

Ok here's another patch. Sorry for all the confusion. :(

If the book is on the ground and someone drags it, the gump closes for everyone that has it open (and just that book).

If the book is in a pack animal, then the message "That is inaccessible." will come up and the book won't open.

If you have a runebook open, trying to drag any runebook will give the message "You cannot pick that up."

If a macro is set to target a book that was picked up by someone else, nothing will happen after attempting to recall/gate/sacred journey and no messages are given.

Can't be opened from another character's inventory period (SVN).

Let me know if I'm still missing something.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

What you have there is great!!!!

The only other thing that I can think of is...... With 1 rune book open double clicking another rune book closes the first 1 and the 2nd is opened in it's place.

Copern

Sorceror

I.P.Knightly;667556 said:
The only other thing that I can think of is...... With 1 rune book open double clicking another rune book closes the first 1 and the 2nd is opened in it's place.

A quick test on OSI reveals that is the desired behavior. However, new patch anyway because I did something silly (I should sleep more).

Attachments

• runebook.patch
    5.8 KB · Views: 5

uome

Bug Hunter

Tested on Demise TC:

Tested:
Cannot open a runebook and pick it up of the floor or any other runebook. I can still move other things around ok.
Cannot open a runebook and move it around in your pack.
Cannot open a runebook and put it into a trade window or open it when in a trade window.
Checked locked down books and they behave as they should.
Checked new and existing books and both behave the same way.
If my open runebook is picked up off the ground the gump closes.
I can't have more than one runebook open at a time.

This does everything it should and i couldn't break it. Nice work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.