UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Satyr/Dryad are not working properly on demise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Satyr/Dryad are not working properly on demise.

psz;617671 said:
If I'm not mistaken, that's not OSI accurate, and was a temp fix.

I believe that it should be an "Area Peace" that causes the armour to drop-t-pack. (Dryads drop male players' armour, Satyrs drop female players' armour)

Area peace does not make it drop your armor you are calmed and can not cast a spell or get toggled out of war mode.
Only when you ( not a pet) attack it you get the message

Your blood starts to race and your clothing becomes to confining

Armor and or clothing ( robe etc) can and will drop to your back pack

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [TESTING] Satyr/Dryad are not working properly on demise.

Needs updating for the latest SVN, setting back to development until another is provided.

Re: [TESTING] Satyr/Dryad are not working properly on demise.

SRC Athena;663159 said:
Needs updating for the latest SVN, setting back to development until another is provided.

here you are.

Attachments

• DryadSatyr-SVN422.patch
    20.5 KB · Views: 11

[Demise]Yung

Sorceror
Re: [TESTING-TC] Satyr/Dryad are not working properly on demise.

I tested this tonight, the Satyr's will not get attacked by pixies, and when I got close enough to the satyr to poke it with my mount, it didn't seem to bother anymore. They are still grey, while dryads are blue though. I engaged in combat with it by casting a spell on it, it instantly discorded me and peaced me, as well as provoking a shadow wisp onto me (peaced as in made me unable to cast any spell, see attached journal log).

I then left through the portal, went in again and engaged in melee combat, it peaced, discorded and made me take of some clothes.
(Female character)

Attachments

• wzmki.jpg
    wzmki.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 80

Athena

Account Terminated

Yes this patch will change the Satyr and Dryad's behaviour so it will need testing. What was on the TC before was just the SVN version which was slightly incorrect. The Satyrs had the wrong karma level set, that's why the pixies were attacking them. The karma on them has been corrected.

uome

Bug Hunter

Tested on Demise tc:

Female fighting a styr:

I was peaced.
Had some skills and stats dropped.
Had a shadow wisp and pixe provoked onto me.
Has some stats dropped.
Was dirobed, (dress, leggings and tunic).
See journal for messages for the satyr.

Female fighting a dryad:
When attacking it i am calmed. (you gaze upon the dryads beauty and forget to continue battling)

Male fighting satyr:
peaced.
stats and skills droped
other creatures provoked onto me.
i wasnt disrobed.

Male fighting dryad:
i was peaced.
was disrobed at a distance (tunic, sash, leggings)

General observations:
I cannot cast spells or fight when calmed.
Polymorthing into other forms dosn't seem to affect their behaviour, even if a female char polymorths into a male.
Getting disrobed before death does not cause you to lose any insures/blessed stuff.
They both seem to have neutral karma.
Tested with both elf and human and the rusults are the same.
Both can be peaced and provoked.
My pet (hiryu) was not calmed by a satyr but did have stuff provoked onto it.

Questions:

Should there be a message for when the peacing effect has worn off?
I went in naked and recieved the dirobe message (clothing too confining ect.) but there was nothing to remove. should that happen?
Caonnot mount an ethy when calmed because it is considered to be a spell, is that correct?

bugs/oddness:
i set a pet hiryu to kill a satyr, it appears to have had stuff provoked onto it like a cu and a dryad but when it died it was frozen to the spot and would not obbey any commands.
Athena came and looked at its props for me and it was provoked onto the cu causing its loyalty to be wild.
The provocation status remained when the pet was dead so i could not retieve it by giving it commands.
I should say that my char had 120 taming lore and vet so control should not have been a problem.

View attachment 19766

Attachments

• satyr.JPG
    satyr.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 67

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

The Dryad does not provoke or discord on OSI
The Satyr does not peace or provoke on OSI
The 2 are not gender bias they will remove clothes/armor on either sex
On OSI I have never had a Dryad or a Satyr provoke anything onto me or my pet.
The Dryad has never discorded me or my pet
The Satyr has never peaced me or my pet
Though the 2 only attack if attack the Dryad does have an area peace affect and if used it will affect you while you are on the screen though it is not aggro'ed to you or you to it

The only thing in the Twisted Weald that will get attacked by other denizens of the Twisted Weald is the Dire Wolves and Changling by the Dryad

There is nothing in the Twisted Weald that uses provocation

Athena

Account Terminated

I was reading up on the Satyr on stratics and some people had commented on how it can use all barding skills (the comment was dated 2005 so it cannot be a SA change), so I decided to go onto OSI and check it out to be sure.

The Satyr peaced me, discorded me and provoked pixies, cu sidhe's and other mobiles onto me, it also provoked ME onto a pixie and later onto itself, I got the *you hear angry music....* message. I haven't checked with a pet yet, but I would assume that it would be able to provoke pets if it can provoke players.

I was on a male character and no matter how much I fought them I was not disrobed.

This all happened in Twisted Weald.

So this patch so far seems to be correct.

EDIT: The character I used has positive karma, so it was not related to that.

Added: I just fought a couple of dryads on this male character, he was disrobed pretty quickly each time and each time 3 items were taken off me (robe, leather tunic and leather leggings). Other than the disrobe it only used the area peace.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

You know you are right ( I just went to check ) but that is not how it worked at 1 time.It has been like this for a while now though.
The reason I say it was not like this is because I took many characters to get discorded by a Satyr to finish training my skills on OSI and as long as I kept that Satyr on the screen I stayed discorded.I guess that won't happen here on Demise.

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [READY-TC] Satyr/Dryad are not working properly on demise.

What about the pet remaining provoked on death and the ghost being uncontrolable for several minutes until the timer runs out?
Is that realy like it is on osi?

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [READY-TC] Satyr/Dryad are not working properly on demise.

uome;668036 said:
What about the pet remaining provoked on death and the ghost being uncontrolable for several minutes until the timer runs out?
Is that realy like it is on osi?

I would say that is an issue with the barding skills and not with the Satyrs/Dryads, I'll check out how provo etc works and what happens on a pets death during provo, disco etc on OSI and if it works different I'll post a bug report about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.