UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Trammel Energy Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SVN] Trammel Energy Fields

Type: Broken Feature

Basic Description: When in trammel you should be able to walk THROUGH anyones wall of stone or energy field that isnt in the same guild with you.(Possibly that is even in the same guild as you,cant remember exactly.)

Way to experience: Macro magery on a new character casting energy field in your house and realize you cant walk out the friggin door because of the field blocking you in.
Or cast Energy field elsewhere and have another character try to walk through it.

Detailed Description:

Links:

Code:

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: Trammel Energy Fields

well... both.

Correct is that in Tram facets (basically everything but Fel) you can't block other players with efields.

Lucifall

Knight
Re: Trammel Energy Fields

I've just tried it in the TC1 and both walls of stone and energy fields are walkable in tram.

Re: [Broken Feature] Trammel Energy Fields

bumping... although it's not bumping in this situation since all is recalled by the bugfix thread:

This about people. But what about ghosts in Felucca? Can they walk across stonewalls/efields?

osd_daedalus;578748 said:
bumping... although it's not bumping in this situation since all is recalled by the bugfix thread:

This about people. But what about ghosts in Felucca? Can they walk across stonewalls/efields?

Tested in OSI TC and also obtained infos (one guy told me in exchange of a ninjitsu book, LOL):

stone wall and energy field won't block players in Trammel.
They do block in Felucca. Also ghosts.

Maybe should be tested if guildmates can be blocked in Felucca...

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

osd_daedalus;581169 said:
They do block in Felucca. Also ghosts.

*sigh* long live the exploited rule.

Can a ghost use the stuck menu in a fel dungeon?

Re: [CODER NEEDED] Trammel Energy Fields

Someone wants to test it better in OSI? It would save staff from a good part of pages about griefing.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

osd_daedalus;598808 said:
Someone wants to test it better in OSI? It would save staff from a good part of pages about griefing.

I don't know what you want tested but on OSI in Tram you can not walk through your own energy field or wall of stone but other players can.Mobs can not walk through your energy field or wall of stone
Ghosts in Fel can be blocked from these.

I.P.Knightly;598828 said:
I don't know what you want tested but on OSI in Tram you can not walk through your own energy field or wall of stone but other players can.Mobs can not walk through your energy field or wall of stone
Ghosts in Fel can be blocked from these.

The missing one is (but I think yes): what about guildmates in Tram?

Gisela

Bug Hunter

As far as I can tell the blocking is client side. If you create the unused ones as raw items with [add item id they are all impassible. I don't see how to proceed. Anyone want to prove they are smarter than me? :p

e: Actually I see one way but it's really ugly. Reverse what is done in Scripts/Items/Misc/Blocker.cs and use some sort of OnMoveOver() based on facet that only affects mobs and the caster. Ewww!

MalGanis

Sorceror

I did some tests on osi:

• On all facets (except felucca) wall of stone and energy field block only npcs.
  • On felucca they block everyone and everything.

Didn't test party or guild members.

This patch affects pathing, so it must be very very very very thoroughly tested :)

Attachments

• Impassable.patch
    3.7 KB · Views: 6

MalGanis

Sorceror

Yeah :). The reason why wall of stone wouldnt allow anyone to pass is because runuo was using wrong itemid (should be 0x82). Even tho its flag is set to impassable, client allows things to move through (prolly an exception or sth).

Gisela

Bug Hunter
Re: [TESTING] Trammel Energy Fields

Some initial tests show a few possible issues

Energy field -
- Pets and summons cannot pass, whether your own or someone else's.

Wall of Stone -
- I seem to have been able to walk through one ONCE and only once! I even restarted the server and still can't pass through a wall of stone in either facet.

MalGanis

Sorceror
Re: [TESTING] Trammel Energy Fields

Pets and summons cannot pass, whether your own or someone else's.
Yes, thats how it works on osi.

I seem to have been able to walk through one ONCE and only once! I even restarted the server and still can't pass through a wall of stone in either facet.
Fixed.

Attachments

• Impassable.patch
    3.8 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.