UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Woodland belts are un-dyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SVN] Woodland belts are un-dyable.

• Behavior on Demise - Attempting to use a dye tub of any kind of a woodland belt nets the message "you cannot dye that." Likewise, attempting to use scissors on them yields the message "scissors cannot be used on that to produce anything."
  • Behavior on OSI - Belts retain the color of the cloth used to make them, and ALL OTHER cloth equipable items can be dyed if you can make them with colored cloth.
  • Supporting Documentation - UOGuide says they can't be dyed, but CAN be made with colored cloth. since you can just dye folded cloth and make colored items with it, it makes me question how reliable UOGuide is here. Stratics doesn't say they CAN'T be dyed, but also states that they retain the color of any cloth used to make them.
  • Changes Needed - Remove the override in the code that makes them un-dyable.
  • Code (optional) - Simply remove the following subroutine from Scripts/Items/Clothing/Waist.cs:
    Code:
    public override bool Dye( Mobile from, DyeTub sender )
     {
      from.SendLocalizedMessage( sender.FailMessage );
      return false;
     }

WarUO

Sorceror
Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Woodland belts are un-dyable.

This is 100% accurate and we used to be able to dye them one of the newer patches that went in messed them up. I had one that I had dyed purple and after the patchs started going in I was no longer able to dye it.

Which is accurate? That on OSI you can dye belts, or can't?

The removal of their ability to be dyed was most intentional, as I could see from the scripts; the section I included above is what was inserted to make them un-dyable. I.e, it's a sub-routine that, when you try to dye them, first sends you the "you cannot dye this" message, then returns the "dyable" value of "false."

Why would the subject of an item being dyable be deferred due to scissors? In this case it's not a content addition or anything that relies on anything else; if it's correct that this should be fixed, then it's a simple matter of deleting five lines of code, that would not impact anything else; hence it'd be quick to test/implement.

EvilChild

Knight

They aren't made with cloth

They are made with leather

therefore they are not dyable (at least not with a regular cloth dye tub, no idea about a leather dyetub)

uome

Bug Hunter

Nottheking;633808 said:
Why would the subject of an item being dyable be deferred due to scissors? In this case it's not a content addition or anything that relies on anything else; if it's correct that this should be fixed, then it's a simple matter of deleting five lines of code, that would not impact anything else; hence it'd be quick to test/implement.
Since the woodland belt is an elven craftable the dying fix was included in the elven craftables patch that Daed linked to.
That patch can't be implemented yet because the amount of ressources that are returned when they are cut up is wrong. Xavier was working on the patch for the cutting up part but i think he is a little busy with other more important patches first.

EvilChild;633809 said:
They aren't made with cloth

They are made with leather

therefore they are not dyable (at least not with a regular cloth dye tub, no idea about a leather dyetub)
You're correct that they're leather items, but boots can be dyed with normal dye tubs. And yes, they're made of leather, too. And you can't use a leather dye tub on them.

uome;633813 said:
Since the woodland belt is an elven craftable the dying fix was included in the elven craftables patch that Daed linked to.
...I read the .DIFF, and I didn't see what would fix the dying issue in it. All the patch appears to do is add elven items to the crafting gump. If that patch were applied, you still wouldn't be able to dye them, at least from what I see... The part that makes them un-dyable is in the item's definition itself, which isn't touched by that patch.

Rmac

Sorceror

Nottheking;633888 said:
You're correct that they're leather items, but boots can be dyed with normal dye tubs. And yes, they're made of leather, too. And you can't use a leather dye tub on them.

...I read the .DIFF, and I didn't see what would fix the dying issue in it. All the patch appears to do is add elven items to the crafting gump. If that patch were applied, you still wouldn't be able to dye them, at least from what I see... The part that makes them un-dyable is in the item's definition itself, which isn't touched by that patch.

cuz those boots are fur boots made out of cloth man lol

now, if that fix includes this one or not, I don't remember it well. I remember Nikki looking with attention to these characteristics, and saying something like "heh, they can't be dyed and scissored" or similar.

So... if you agree, I'd give priority to the cloth scissoring fact, then to new elven tailorables, and then we see if this was already included or still to fix. What about?

WarUO

Sorceror

Rmac;633919 said:
cuz those boots are fur boots made out of cloth man lol

No he actually means regular boots and shoes if you would pay attention or actually try it. These things are made of leather but can be dyed with a regular dye tub.

osd_daedalus;633941 said:
What about?
I'd still be of the impression that a quick patch with functional use would still have merit in the short-term. If I knew how to produce .DIFF files I'd have attached one.

Basically, I see it as a matter of getting every sub-component related to something done right before getting to the things that need it. Similar to fixing the scissors issue before working on crafting elven items; i.e, make sure said items work right before we can make them. That way we won't even have to worry about any chance of any potentially thorny issues with serialized, crafted items that are broken.

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

Nottheking;633990 said:
I'd still be of the impression that a quick patch with functional use would still have merit in the short-term. If I knew how to produce .DIFF files I'd have attached one.

If you are using Toroise with Windows, edit the file. Right click on the file after saving the edit and go to TortoiseSVN -> Create Patch

Done.

uome

Bug Hunter

Nottheking;633888 said:
Your right it's not all there.
I'll pull together a new patch for the elven craftables soon. It needs doing anyway as there are other things that seem to be missing from that patch too i just need to dig it all up and make it compatible with the latest svn.

*Edit*
Having looked at the old patch it seems all the other changes made it in except for the DefTailoring part, so daed's patch is ok.
Heres what went in to make changes for woodland belts at svn345:
Code:
Index: Scripts/Items/Clothing/Waist.cs
===================================================================
--- Scripts/Items/Clothing/Waist.cs	(revision 339)
+++ Scripts/Items/Clothing/Waist.cs	(working copy)
@@ -118,6 +118,18 @@
 		{
 		}

+		public override bool Dye( Mobile from, DyeTub sender )
+		{
+			from.SendLocalizedMessage( sender.FailMessage );
+			return false;
+		}
+
+		public override bool Scissor( Mobile from, Scissors scissors )
+		{
+			from.SendLocalizedMessage( 502440 ); // Scissors can not be used on that to produce anything.
+			return false;
+		}
+
 		public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
 		{
 			base.Serialize( writer );
It looks like they were stopped from being dyable and not being able to cut them up then.
I remember Daedalus was on osi at the time checking these things so these changes wouldn't have been made unles they were right.

EvilChild

Knight

A form of Clothing worn in the Belt Slot, the Woodland Belt was introduced by the Mondain's Legacy expansion. It is available to Tailors for Crafting.

They can be Blessed with a Clothing Bless Deed, but cannot be dyed or recycled.

Yep

And they take 10 leather.

From what I can tell it's working as it should here. If anyone wants to confirm on OSI if and how you can dye a woodland belt that should be the #1 priority.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

made from leather 10
elves only item
you can dye them with a leather dye tub
80.0 Tailoring required

Re: [CODER NEEDED] Woodland belts are un-dyable.

So this has been confirmed? If so, I'll get to work on this...

But it requires a LEATHER dye tub be used? Bugger. That means it might take a little longer to make the patch, since it'll basically mean not just removing a section of code, but actually including a few over-rides, so that dye tubs will treat it like it's a piece of leather armor. (since CURRENTLY, all leather dye tubs work on is armor, and clothes made from leather are dyed using normal tubs)

Digatalas

Knight

I cant wait for the elven clothing to be craftable... Can you dye these with pigments (if they were working correctly)?

Digatalas;650573 said:
I cant wait for the elven clothing to be craftable... Can you dye these with pigments (if they were working correctly)?
No, I'm pretty positive they cannot be pigmented... Since you can't pigment other leather clothing items, either, even if they're made from colored leather. (example: try making a pair of spined/horned/barbed leather boots and attempting to pigment them)

Okay, it took me a little while to figure what file I need to edit, but here's the patch. Short, sweet, and to the point. It leaves the existing restriction against using a normal dye tub on them as per OSI, and allows you to dye them with a leather dye tub. Not much to test, but make sure to try out the following anyway:
  • Try using both normal and leather dye tubs on woodland belts.
  • Try using leather dye tubs on OTHER leather items. Namely, elven boots and leather armor. (make sure I *didn't* bork existing functions before this gets implemented, as enough of this has happened before with patches, m'kay? ;))
Oh, and yeah, this thread can now be moved to [Testing].

Attachments

• WoodlandBeltDyeFixv1.patch
    793 bytes · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.