UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Woodland belts are un-dyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [TESTING] Woodland belts are un-dyable.

No, this patch does not change that. Changing what you can pigment would require editing the ToT scripts, since the script for what you can pigment is in the piece for the pigs themselves.

And also, I've seen no validation that they can be pigmented; they aren't armor/weapons, and I know you can't pigment colored leather boots.

Have tested this and all seems fine. What I tried:

Tried to dye with all dye tubs - result : only leather dye tubs works.
Tried to dye with pigments -result: cannot be dyed.

have checked some other leather items and they all seem to be working as they should.

note: i have only tested new woodland belts as there were none on the tc pre patch i will try to test this tomro.

Lady R

Thank you, Lady R. Good to see things are going as they should. I'm PRETTY positive that given the results of your tests today, testing with pre-patch items should be fine... But make sure to do so anyway, with BOTH pre-patch belts AND tubs. The script changes only the tub (the belt script is left exactly as it was before) so if there's an error, it'd more likely show up with pre-patch tubs.

Digatalas

Knight

So can the "bleach" pigments be used on this? Or do they have the same rules as the others?

Tested this myself on the BAD TC. (thanks, BAD crew!) Definitely works as it should. I can use leather dye tubs on 'em, and can't use any of the other types. Nor can I use pigments on it.
Digatalas;658572 said:
So can the "bleach" pigments be used on this? Or do they have the same rules as the others?
I'd have to actually look into the scripts, but I wouldn't be surprised if the color-remove pigments have the exact same rules. I'll go check now; I'd just assumed that the lesser pigments were "type of PigmentsOfTokuno" which means they'd automatically inherit all the attributes of the greater pigments. (just that they were altered afterwards to give them hue -1, and have only 10 or 1 charge)

Of course, in practical use, there's no point to using bleach pigments on anything you can use a dye tub on; since for everything but cloth tubs, you have the "default" button on the color selector, which works the same; and for cloth, you can simply go and buy a brand-new tub and never color it.

So is this patch considered testing enough to be [Ready], or does it need more time?

Digatalas;658572 said:
I did check over the scripts, and yeah, my suspicions were confirmed; the writer actually just went a little "lazy" on it, and the original lesser "bleach" pigments are actually included right alongside the neon greater pigments in GreaterArtifacts.cs. In other words, it functions identically in every way to the coloring pigments, it's just that its hue is set to -1. (default)

uome

Bug Hunter

checked pre patch belts and all are now dyable using a leather tub.

I think we can call this one ready :)

Did you check pre-patch leather dye tubs, too? I did check pre-patch plain dye tubs, and predictably, they neither worked on the belts both before and after the patch.

uome

Bug Hunter

yes i checked old and new tubs of several types and the only one that works is the leather tub.

Status
Not open for further replies.