UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Swine Flu Outbreak

Sundoom

Sorceror
Re: Swine Flu Outbreak

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/4/27/nation/20090427075214&sec=nation

More outbreaks in Canada to Newzealand (from students/passengers, returning from Mexico) a hundred suspected dead from swine flu outbreak in mexico and 1600+ infected.

European Nations have begun procedures to quarenteen passengers arriving from infected countries that are running high fevers.

Canada likewise, has urged citizens to take nessesary steps in protecting themselves from infection, people have begun using breath masks and seeking immediate medical treatment when beginning to have high fevers.

Fana

Wanderer

thats nature nerfing on human overpopulation or pharmaceutial companies creating business opportunities ;D

exacly what does this swine flu do and cause cuz I've heard about it but i don't think I've ever seen what it atchuly does.

Sundoom

Sorceror

Levi of Minoc;542866 said:
exacly what does this swine flu do and cause cuz I've heard about it but i don't think I've ever seen what it atchuly does.

Symptoms include fever, disorientation, stiffness of the joints, vomiting, and loss of consciousness ending in death

It is normally contracted from pigs, however, sometimes it can be contracted from human touch as well.

Fana

Wanderer

just realised...

first it was Mad cow... then Bird flu... now swine flu...whats next o__O

fluffhead321

Sorceror

Its not as bad as its being portrayed, they are just worried it may become an issue. originally through thought 1600 in mexico infected and 100 dead. 16% of people with known infections. Also they are now saying they dont really know the numbers and they think many more may have been infected therefore lowering the mortality rate. Doesn't seem like something to be terrified over

IMO opinion MERSA is a way bigger issues and Drs and patients dont take that shit seriously. I mean, how many people dont finish there whole script of antivbiotics when they get them? That puts us at way greater risk of dying or getting someone else infected with an infectious disease then the swine flu. Not to mention the issue of antibiotics being over perscribed, and barely being regulated in some countries

"Acting head of the US Centers for Disease Control, Richard Besser, said that while the virus appeared to be the same strain as that infecting people in Mexico, the effect has been milder, reported the Financial Times. All 20 people had mild flu-like symptoms and only 1 of them had to be kept in hospital.

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), preliminary lab tests on the 20 cases found that the viruses had the same genetic pattern, and the virus is being described as a new subtype of A/H1N1 not previously seen in pigs or humans." (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/147667.php)

5% of infected in US had to stay at the hospital...Sucks, but doesnt seem reason to flip. People just love their doomsday/apocolypse prophecys.

Quoth

Wanderer

This.

Attachments

• paul_hogan_as_michael_j_crocodile_dundee.jpg
    paul_hogan_as_michael_j_crocodile_dundee.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 113

I blame flu vaccinations. I do not believe you're protecting yourself by never exposing yourself to bacteria/viruses or weakened/dead forms of viruses. How can your immune system become stronger if it never has any training?

I believe George Carlin said it best:

Where did this sudden fear of germs come from in this country? Have you noticed this? The media constantly running stories about all the latest infections? Salmonella, E-coli, hanta virus, bird flu, and Americans will panic easily so everybody's running around scrubbing this and spraying that and overcooking their food and repeatedly washing their hands, trying to avoid all contact with germs. It's ridiculous and it goes to ridiculous lengths.

In prisons, before they give you lethal injection, they swab your arm with ALCOHOL. Wouldn't want some guy to go to hell AND be sick.Fear of germs, why these fuckin' pussies. You can't even get a decent hamburger anymore they cook the shit out of everything now 'cause everyone's afraid of FOOD POISONING! Hey, wheres you sense of adventure? Take a fuckin' chance will you? Hey you know how many people die of food poisoning in this country? Nine thousand, thats all, its a minor risk.

Take a fuckin' chance bunch of goddamn pussies.Besides, what d'ya think you have an immune system for? It's for killing germs! But it needs practice, it needs germs to practice on. So if you kill all the germs around you, and live a completely sterile life, then when germs do come along, you're not gonna be prepared. And never mind ordinary germs, what are you gonna do when some super virus comes along that turns your vital organs into liquid shit?! I'll tell you what your gonna do ... you're gonna get sick. You're gonna die and your gonna deserve it because you're fucking weak and you got a fuckin' weak immune system!

Let me tell you a true story about immunization ok. When I was a little boy in New York city in the nineteen-forties, we swam in the Hudson river. And it was filled with raw sewage! OK? We swam in raw sewage, you know, to cool off. And at that time the big fear was polio. Thousands of kids died from polio every year. But you know something? In my neighborhood no one ever got polio. No one! EVER! You know why? Cause WE SWAM IN RAW SEWAGE! It strengthened our immune system, the polio never had a prayer. We were tempered in raw shit!

So personally I never take any precautions against germs. I don't shy away from people who sneeze and cough. I don't wipe off the telephone, I don't cover the toilet seat, and if I drop food on the floor I pick it up and eat it!Even if I'm at side walk cafe! IN CALCUTTA! THE POOR SECTION! ON NEW YEARS MORNING DURING A SOCCER RIOT! And you know something? In spite of all the so called "risky behavior ".... I never get infections. I don't get em. I don't get colds, I don't get flu, I don't get headaches, I don't get upset stomach, And you know why? Cause I got a good strong immune system! And it gets a lot of practice!

My immune system is equipped with the biological equivalent of fully automatic military assault rifles, with night vision and laser scopes. And we have recently acquired phosphorous grenades, cluster bombs and anti personnel fragmentation mines.

So, when my white blood cells are on patrol reconnoitering my blood stream seeking out strangers and other undesirables, and if they see any, ANY, suspicious looking germs of any kind, THEY DON'T. FUCK. AROUND. They whip out the weapons, they wax the motherfucker and deposit the unlucky fellow directly into my colon! Into my colon. There's no nonsense! There's no miranda warning, there's none of that three strikes and your out bullshit. First defense, BAM! Into the colon you go!

lol i jest remembered i got accidentally vaccinated for that 2 weeks ago ween we gave it to the hogs:D (ween you vaccinate over 4500 hogs in 20 min you are going to git it at least once ore twice:()

Cronus

and his amazing friends

TheCoolSideofthePillow;543183 said:
I blame flu vaccinations. I do not believe you're protecting yourself by never exposing yourself to bacteria/viruses or weakened/dead forms of viruses. How can your immune system become stronger if it never has any training?

I believe George Carlin said it best:

The whole point of flu vaccinations is to provide training to your immune system... You give it a partially defeated enemy to learn how to kill, so when the real deal comes along it already has half a clue about wtf it needs to do.

As far as bacterial infection goes, I'll agree with your quoted rant; but viral infections are a bit different. Once your body knows how to make the antibodies for a given virus, you're pretty much protected from that shit for life. So whether or not your body learns to make the antibodies from a weakened strain, or after a two week trip through hell, the end result is essentially the same; and given the choice between the two I'll take the former.

Sundoom

Sorceror

Death toll in Mexico increased to 149, 2000+ cases. Cases reported in Scottland, more cases found in previously mentioned nations, such as Spain, New Zealand, etc and the number of cases in the U.S. has doubled to 48.

Too late for containment and many non infected nations such as Russia and China are already putting possible infected passengers under quarenteen.

This is a mutated swine flu, there is no natural immunity to the disease and no vaccine's expected for four to six months, at least that is when the first batch is expected.

Oh and this global pandemic is currently at alert level phase 4. Phase 4 means that the virus can be transmitted from human contact.

Best advice is to wash your hands, if your in infected areas, wear a breath mask, wear long sleeve clothes and try staying indoors. (As if that last bit of advice is needed on this forum...)

emoooo

Sorceror

are there any chances that they will close airlines in the U.S. because of this in the next 1-2 months?