UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Tailoring 50 - 100 in a matter of hours.

Ozzie-demise

Wanderer
Tailoring 50 - 100 in a matter of hours.

Start with 50 tailoring skill - best way.

50 - 60 Cloaks
60.1 - 74 Robes
74.1 - 99.6 Oil Cloth
99.6 - 100 Studded Gorgets

This is the best and cheapest way to do it. Takes quite a lot of cloth, but it's extremely cheap. Go to trinsic moongate in fel and kill the spawn there for the leather hides. Very quick, very fast. Make sure its fel as you get 2x as much leather than tram.
Enjoy

surgat

Wanderer
i disagree with the "cheapest" you used, as it takes a lot of cloth.
here is my list of things to do (with the amount of cloth used per piece):

00.0 - 30.0 buy skill from npc tailor
30.0 - 49.8 fancy shirt/long pants (8 cloth/piece)
49.8 - 54.0 full apron/skirt (10 cloth/piece)
54.0 - 60.0 fur sarong (12 cloth/piece)
60.0 - 66.4 cloak (14 cloth/piece)
66.4 - 74.6 robe (16 cloth/piece)
74.6 - 99.6 oil cloth (1 cloth/piece)
99.6 - 100.0 studded gorget (6 leather/piece)

I'd have to go with the cloak one as well, it seems I get more bang for the buck with cloaks so far, (the skillgain for the fur sarong's just isn't good). But the fancy shirts/pants worked great for me!

Edit: Trey, how did you manage to have it only cost you 11k? It's cost me at least 11k already, and I'm only around 65

wain

Wanderer
Thing with fur sarong is that you cant sell it so that sucks. but dont make cloth no more than you need to cause it has so small return rate in gold. I gmed tailoring with 500 gold. ( I sold about 3 sets of fancy shirts to get gold) so i made money about 3k and untill i got to 74 when i started to made oil cloth. If you need money just make fancy shirts.

I didnt have any money so i had to make money with tailoring

Satch-hybrid

Wanderer
I've made 10 tailors in the past 2 days w/ about 120k using the method of starting w/ 50 tailor then cloaks to 53.9, robes to 74.6, oil cloths to 99.6 and then studded gorgets to GM.

I haven't tried the other method so I really can't compair, but this way was fast enough for me :)

eyal12

Wanderer
in my opinion its by far not the cheapst way to gm.. i just gm 3 tailors in 6 hours.. with 2 clients but still...

50-51.8 cloaks
51.8-74.6 leather gloves (sell them to shop)
74.6-99.6 oil cloth
99.6-100 studded gorget

now about the leather it takes about 2k leather. just go to the furtrader and buy from him hides.. cost 4 gold each and you actully gain gold from this... but the oil cloth part makes it even so you dont lose or gain gold but you gain bandages.. oh and gm tailor ^^ i did it allready with 3 chars on this server took me about 2 hours to gm one char

mymago

Wanderer
A note for others close to GM'ing

50 - 60 Cloaks
60.1 - 74 Robes
74.1 - 99.6 Oil Cloth
99.6 - 100 Studded Gorgets

I used the above method as it has worked for ages (OSI & non-OSI). However, when I got to 99.6 I went out and got a ton of leather..... a TON of leather.... and it took me exactly 204 pieces of leather to make that last .4 to GM. :eek: and that doesn't include the leather I got back when I cut up the studded gorgets.

Heck if I know what I was thinking.... my brain was stuck on OSI I suppose!
Good luck!

qweazdak

Wanderer
100-110 => studded tunics
i stopped my tailor there though. ran out of leather and havent made an effort to get more yet. use the search button and you'll find your answer.

Glasgowx

Wanderer
you can make studded do all the way up to 120. All I did was add some bone bods into the equation to help the gains further along. So female studded armor up to 105 then 105-110 you can go with studded tunics or most of the studded armor. Then from 110-120 go with studded do and add a few bone pieces to alternate. Hope that helps

Rainier

Wanderer
This method also works fast from 50 to 100 skill, and requires no leather for your last .4 to GM.

50.0-60.0 Fur Boots
60.0-70.0 Kasa
70.0-74.6 Ninja Tabi
74.6-99.6 Oil Cloths
99.6-100 Cloth Ninja Hood

Fur boots require 12 cloth each with 50 in skill needed as compared to cloaks @ 14 cloth each and 41.4 skill needed. Gains well, especially once your closer to 60 skill.

Kasas require 12 cloth each with 60 in skill needed compared to robes @16 cloth each and 53.9 skill needed. Ninja Tabis require even less at 10 cloth and take 70 skill.

The standard oil cloth, can never beat the 1 cloth requirement on those :D
and then for your last .4 make the cloth ninja hoods. Doesn't take many.

Re: Tailoring 50 - 100 in a matter of hours.

I followed one of the repies, cloaks to 53.7 robe to 76.4 oil cloth to 99.6, then did ninja hoods to gm due to lack of leather. Took me about 10k cloth, all gotten from Yew Fel sheep, about 7 or 8 trips, 1500 cloth per trip, took bout 3 hours total. Now just need to get to 120 lol.

gmin tailor is really cheap i think it was about 5.5k-6k cloth and take on average 42 minutes from 50 to gm no leather needed

Epileptick

Wanderer

Im trying to make a jack of all trades char and am at the 700 cap with my miner/smith. Im finding gains from 30 extreemly time consuming. I honestly don't care what it costs I just want this over with. Does anyone know a chart for the "fastest" gains? You all have provided what it seems excellent guides for cost, but what about speed? Right now im at 40 and am doing fancy shirts. It's costing a fortune and I don't care if somone has a solution that will cost more.

Thanks super tailors :)