UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Tales of Demise - as told by Xeres

Tales of Demise - as told by Xeres

After reading Arkanis’ post, I had a flood of reminisces of the days when I was young and AoS newb as well. Demise had been open for a few months when I found my way here. I had quit UO for about a year and a half previous to joining demise. The itch to play UO had returned, as it always does, so my search was quite short since razor had auto-populated demise in the shard drop down. Henceforth my story starts.

Upon logging in and creating my first character, I found that so much had changed. Everything had stats and properties and new abilities. This new LRC ability was my first course of action. I had created my fist mage, Irina. Pure mage and I slowly built myself up, killing ants with blade spirits to sell powder at Luna to buy regs, etc, etc. Shortly after I had came close to finishing my mage, most people were 7x back then because 110 and 115s were hard to come by, I seen Khanun in luna looking for people to do a spawn. Not something you see too often today, but I attempted my first champ spawn with Khanun and a handful of other random people. I say attempted because we failed, we couldn’t get the city of the dead past lvl 3 of a rikitor. After a few other failed attempts of champing with Khanun, I realized I needed to find me a straight up champer guild. Here is where I meet some of the founding TMC members, Mythos, Rhun, Vitix, Detroit. Detroit was one of those guys that played all angles of a situation. His pvpers were always in random guilds, but everyone knew who he was. This is also about the time I meet the person that taught me the most about AoS, Nosferatu. He took me under his wing, and was in the process of establishing a new champer guild, CoF. To give some back-story that was missed in Arkanis’ tale. There were 2 large guilds that pretty much controlled Felucca and the coon altar. S*I & K*I, this is where Audi-, Raezion, Nosferatu, Turki, and many others I cannot remember come into the history of demise. These guilds had disbanded shortly after my arrival on Demise, so Nosferatu had taken it upon himself to start a new champer guild. My time with these guys was great, we did lots of coons, and the time of 200 dex archers was still around, so Nos was able to stave off Arkanis and friends for raids.

The CoF pattern was followed for about 2-3 months I think. Everything was changed on a fateful day in the early summer of 2005. The Treasures of Tokuno system was introduced. The once desolate and abandoned Islands of Tokuno were abound with activity. At times it seemed the entire shard was spread across the land killing everything in sight. With the ToTs introduced, came the sleeping dragon spawn. That altar was active all day every day, knowing this, I set out to find the best method for tot farming. Hence the introduction of Houdini’s Arti Farm. I managed to place a 7x7 within the radius of the sleeping dragon spawn. Me and all my CoF guild mates were granted access to this house. This was a safe spot where we could simply macro Evs afk and farm ToTs all day long. (Things were different back then, the afk resource gathering rule was not yet in place, and onis and revnent lions didn’t cast magic as much as they do now. So a simple 7x7 with no walls was enough to keep you safe. I charged non-guildmates a fee to be accessed. Unfortunately the arti farm was nerfed within about a week, apparently the staff didn't like housing in those areas. This is why champ spawn regions automatically disallow housing.

CoF was mostly disbanded by the late summer, Nos had gone inactive, and Turki didn’t really want to do much with the guild. This is about the time I meet up with Sliptongue69 and Glamour. I gaunted with them quite often (you could still solo gaunt now and then back then. The dexxers didn’t really invade for about 5 or 6 months), and after a while they invited me into -F-, and I was finally introduced formally to PvP, been hooked ever since too. I was there when dingus and his mad Kirin slaughtered everyone in -F-. For the record that bug only lasted about a week, but it was hilarious to see people die so fast. This was the time of uncapped Ais as well. And yes Fear was a ruling force, until people built reflect phys suits and became necro mages. Back then reflect phys and oath would stack, meaning if someone oathed u and they hit u with an AI, the oath dmg would hit you AND the reflect dmg too…so a 60 dmg AI would be turned into a 110+ dmg insta kill to the stealthier. This was also the time that ATHF had risen to power. ATHF and -F- had lots of great fights. Ais were capped after a few weeks, and the 150 stat cap had been put into place a few weeks before.

I think I’ll end my tale here for now…this was still only my experiences up to about November of 2005, I think. Perhaps Pbguy or Shake could pick up the story of ATHF from here. I’m sure you guys remember the RW alliance and the Pink harrower of LOVE in covetous.

Glasgowx

Wanderer
Re: Tales of Demise - as told by Xeres

I remember all xeres. Great story. I remember being in CoF :) and the fun that we had farming tots. Brings back the memories of the glory days of TMC.

outluke

Sorceror

Great story Xeres. I want to formally aplogise for not mentioning Detroit in my story. He was a great player and a great friend.

He didn't smudge it, you are a newbie. You scuffed it. Scuffed it right up.

On the idea of continuing the story of athf, not sure where to start.

Dingus-demise;220110 said:
He didn't smudge it, you are a newbie. You scuffed it. Scuffed it right up.

On the idea of continuing the story of athf, not sure where to start.

........and dingus and pbguy were forever doomed to troll the forums. The end.

ShityBuzz420

Wanderer

so it's an honor to access a website that anyone in the entire world can access at anytime from anywhere worldwide.... for free! ....that makes SO much sense to me right now i think i just might um post this ;)

Imho I think PbGuy and Dingus and anyone else who troll these forums deserve to troll these forums. I mean look at their fuckin post count, ITS RETARDED... Theyve earned the right to troll and not have to play with the dirty masses of UO

z0rak

Wanderer

whoa whoa whoa, you mean to tell me that there are parts of the universe that somehow existed even before I was involved with them? I find that hard to believe.. Demise didn't exist until [e.] came tbh.

outluke

Sorceror

z0rak;220564 said:
whoa whoa whoa, you mean to tell me that there are parts of the universe that somehow existed even before I was involved with them? I find that hard to believe.. Demise didn't exist until [e.] came tbh.