UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Accepted Talisman Summons...... ugh...

Kiluad

Sorceror
I don't know what to say about it, it's literally a mess of code..... No offense to the person who wrote it, not that i think they'll ever read this. but if they do, i have to say i definitely respect the effort put into the code.

The cliloc for panther is wrong in basetalisman.cs line 805, it's suppose to be 1015239, it's set to 1029653 right now. the walrus is also missing; 1018284,

I've been thinking about the whole system for about a week now, it assumes a lot, and most of what it assumes is wrong. Like the summons stats, it assumes they're all the same, or at last different from the mobs they could have simply been an instance of, the only thing talisman summons share is 20 magic resist and 0 anatomy. other than that, they're copy's of the mobs.

talisman summons should be allowed to be animated after death, unless they are released(makes them disappear) or the talisman is removed(also makes them disappear) last two are correct.

The reason they look confused is because they're being set as a friend to nothing(itself) when summoned, for i don't even know what reason, just calls out a bug message to players for the sake of it, like "hey, ima buggy piece of shit summons, look at me, have fun fixing me!! hehehehhe".

when creating a random summons talisman, there's a check being made for the first 15 in the type array... the first "group" being used is creatures, the second "group" being used is items, the check is to see if there's an amount to set, everything > 14 gets an amount of 10... so there's overloaded methods being used, they're being used wrong, and to overcome that there's MORE code added to check for whether or not the item has the property to set in the first place, to see if it even GETS the 10 given by the random useless if statement.

There's a lot of work for nothing being done in that code. :/

There's more issue with them, but those are some easily fixed issues, the whole system needs to be redone, else i was going to post a patch.

Kiluad

Sorceror
assuming is fine when you don't make assumptions that close doors.

I'm not hoping this gets fixed, more just posting about the cliloc which is super easy to miss, the missing walrus summons which if isn't documented will be missed.

When i first posted about this, the day talismans came out on demise. They told me the stats and behavior were place holders until the familiar AI got fixed which the talisman summoners are gonna use. I made a post in the patch thread the day they finally fixed the AI hoping they would get to work on it.

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
I don't know what to say about it, it's literally a mess of code..... No offense to the person who wrote it, not that i think they'll ever read this. but if they do, i have to say i definitely respect the effort put into the code.

I've been thinking about the whole system for about a week now, it assumes a lot, and most of what it assumes is wrong.
This is exactly why we're not throwing in ML as it has been publicly coded elsewhere just to be done with it. Talismans were probably the last time this happened, and they are, indeed, a mess.

So to sum up everything so far...
The cliloc for panther is wrong in basetalisman.cs line 805, it's suppose to be 1015239, it's set to 1029653 right now. the walrus is also missing; 1018284,

... Like the summons stats ...

talisman summons should be allowed to be animated after death ...

The reason they look confused is because they're being set as a friend to nothing(itself) when summoned ...

when creating a random summons talisman, there's a check being made for the first 15 in the type array...
the stats and behavior were place holders until the familiar AI got fixed which the talisman summoners are gonna use.

"Ugh" indeed. :p