UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Taming the Fastest Way Possible

Taming the Fastest Way Possible

For anyone smart enough to figure this out at least before you make all 3 of your accounts and the ability to get young status:

1) Create new character with 50 Taming and 50 Vet (the vet will be explained further down).
2) Lock all your skills minus taming and animal lore.
3) Bust your arse to GM Taming/Lore (using Ark's guide of what to tame) before your 40 hours is up (and remember to NOT go over the 450.0 skill points, hence why I said lock all the other skills). You can tame all those wonderful animals that usually attack you because of your CareBearLandPOSRuinTheGoodNameOfUOYoungStatus. When I started, I had a GM Tamer with 25 hours left on my Young Status (I goofed off some too).
4) Once GM, go get yourself a Hiryu, Rune Beetle, Dragon/Wyrm, and your Mares. You can tame ALL OF THEM WITHOUT THEM ATTACKING YOU! Even the Mares/Dragons won't attack when you make them furious. Now you can even be selective and find the uber pets.
5) You can't tame anything in dungeons (young status doesn't protect you there), but I found Dragons, Mares and Wyrms outside of them in Ilshenar.
6) I said 50.0 Vet for a reason, here's why... even though you won't be able to raise this skill with Young Status, it will give you a few extra stable slots (the more skill you have between taming, lore and vet, the more stables you can use). You can also do this trick with jewelry, but this helped me stuff the stables ASAP.
7) Feed all those pets the second you tame them! You have to do that to trigger the bonding timer (I had bonded mares while I was still young, sucked though, I couldn't rez em :) ).

Viola... that's the Fastest Taming Guide (Ark's is great if you weren't this smart in the first place)

qweazdak

Wanderer
Arkanis wrote that guide before the Young system was put in.
Nice guide though, thx!

just to add, this is where you can find some of them animals:
dragon: iish- around valor
nightmare: outside of umbra, if youre lucky + kirin passage(?)
white wyrm: only can be found at ice dungeon!

Widow

Wanderer
mare spot

im not sure if this applys but ive seen my fair share of young players at the spawn in the humility dungeon way south of the gate but dont know wether or not theyve been being attacked hehe but thats anuther spawn. just have to try it though

Ixion

Wanderer
I don't know how you did it in 15 hours... I've been doing it for 10 hours and im only at 69.9 and i have only tamed what the guide has said to tame.

Sharper

Wanderer
Ixion said:
I don't know how you did it in 15 hours... I've been doing it for 10 hours and im only at 69.9 and i have only tamed what the guide has said to tame.

I started at 50, and after 4 hours I got to 70. So, there is something wrong with what you are taming. I did like this: hmm, let's try this bear. If I gain, I try to tame a few more. If I don't, I move on to the next creature.

So, try different things and see what gives u gains.

BooGy

Wanderer
just open stratics page with tameble creatures list, enter your taming and youll see which creatures taming requirement is closest to your skill. Tame those creatures and ull get max gains. Being young while gaining in taming is very cool :p

Taming is a doodle now!

back 250+ days ago we had to work for it, and no antimacro codes I will have you know!!

and yes I have been drinking!

pbguy434

Knight
Yea, really. I have seen tamers with dragons wondering how to kill a Blood Elemental. Macroing taming really takes the fun out of it.

Which is why I am thinking about an Anti-Macro Guild. For characters that do it the "Hard Way". If I can get some PMs about it - I'll start this thing up.

Oh well, to each his own.

Sharper

Wanderer
Pbguy434 said:
Yea, really. I have seen tamers with dragons wondering how to kill a Blood Elemental. Macroing taming really takes the fun out of it.

Which is why I am thinking about an Anti-Macro Guild. For characters that do it the "Hard Way". If I can get some PMs about it - I'll start this thing up.

Oh well, to each his own.

Well, it is fun to build your first char the hard way. But when u start making a lot of chars for specific purposes (for pvp, for champ spawns, for crafting, for gauntlet) it isn't fun anymore to spend hours to be able to actually use the char.

I made my first char the hard way. And it was really fun to train him, and learn the game. But now I wanna play and get stuff :p

pbguy434

Knight
By all means, so do I. I go my main mage up to GM magery, Necromancy, and evaluate intelleligence - I probobly did another skill or 2 but I forgot.

And yea, it is fun to make your own guy - it not like skill gainsa re anything close to hard on this server, anyway.

Andor-demise

Wanderer
Thx, Lysdexic. I have sth to add:

If you want to speed up the gaining of your taming skill, you should make sure that you animal lore is pretty low. With a lower animal lore skill you will increase your taming failures on each animal/monster/potential pet and thus increase the gaining of your taming skill per pet.

I would suggest to keep the animal lore skill locked at any time.

I only had to increased it certain times in order to release specific pets - e.g. white wolves weren't leaving with animal lore lower than 29.8. A macro on the tamed pets will do the job.

Elf

Sorceror
It's funny how everyone tries to exploit the young status, hehe. You see all these newbies at the champ spawns just walking around scavenging gold from the unlooted corpses, even though you can make money so much faster by actually killing stuff there. :)

Cjdawg1069

Wanderer
Re: Taming the Fastest Way Possible

To keep the young status (dealing specifically with skill amount) do you have to remain under 450, or is it even lower?

pbguy434

Knight

Wow...talk about an old thread.

And skill does matter, you need to keep them under 450 of else the young status goes away.

Luigi

Wanderer

Or you could not be young and do it the right way...
Peace Making :p Play the game how it should be played..
Young status is for new people that dont know how to play and need special handicaps..
someone like you who takes advantage of that is just sad:mad: