UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[Technical] anyone good with the interweb?

Sin Vigor

Wanderer
[Technical] anyone good with the interweb?

Problem using my nieghbors Internet (she gave me info)

Everything has been working fine for several weeks up until yesterday afternoon. I'm on WinXP SP3, using a wireless network card to connect to her internet and she lives next door. Yesterday afternoon it disconnected throughout the night and the morning, it wouldn't connect at all. I moved my PC closer towards her house, which helped out a little. It was disconnecting every few minutes. I tried ipconfig /release /renew and it's working better, but disconnecting less often then not (once every 3-5 minutes). The web browser works fine, but whenever I play my online games it completely disconnects.

Any info you need from me? What can help?

Re: [Technical] anyone good with the interweb?

You could try checking the signal strength of the wireless connection. Maybe the router or your network card is faulty. Or maybe something is interfering with the wifi signal. I think microwaves operate on the same frequency?

Or your neighbor could be hogging all the bandwidth, i.e. bittorrent. Otherwise, you might wanna check with your ISP.