UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Collector Quest

marcusstone

Sorceror
The Collector Quest

THE COLLECTOR QUEST: A COMPLETE GUIDE

It is surprising how many people have never heard of the collector quest, though it is one of the oldest, and certainly the most profitable NPC quests in the game. Unlike it's counterparts, the reward for completing the collector quest is a semi rare obsidian Statue (Bust) which can only be obtained by completing the quest ten times. Although time consuming, with the help of this guide, you can complete the quest fairly quickly and painlessly.

PART 1: THE FIRST TIME

You activate the collector quest by talking to the NPC collector that sits outside New Haven inn. It is a good idea to mark a rune somewhere close to him, as you will be needing to visit him on many occasions during the quest.
After you talk to him, the collector will asign you numerous tasks, which will require you to travel around the facets in order to complete. It is a good idea to try to mark runes to every location you will need to visit, to cut down travel time, as you will need to complete the quest ten times in order to collect the true reward.

TASK 1: FISHING FOR RAINBOW PEARLS:
The first task the collector will ask of you, is to collect 6 rainbow pearls from the lake in Haven. To do so you will need a fishing pole, which can be bought from any Yellow Fisherman NPC. Don't worry, you don't need any fishing skill to complete this task.
After casting the fishing pole into the lake, you will shortly be given a status message telling you if you found a rainbow pearl or not. If you don't find one right away, don't worry, you will eventually find all six, even if you cast in the same spot.
After finding all six the quest gump will pop up in the corner of your screen. Return to the collector, who will give you your next task.

TASK 2: THE PAINTING
Next the collector will ask you to go to vesper and get your portrate painted at the colored canvas. It is important that you mark a rune once you arrive, because vesper is a long hike from the nearest moongate.
After talking to the painter, she will agree to paint your portrate, and ask you to take a seat on the stool. Once you sit down, don't move, or else the time you have to wait for her to finish painting will reset. Just sit their patiently, until she is finished. When she is done, your quest gump will pop up again. Recall back to the collector, and get your next task.

TASK 3: THE AUTOGRAPH
The next task will be to get an autographed page of sheet music from the musician Gabriel. He can be found in the building north of the theater in Britian. Once you talk to Gabriel, he will tell you he doesn't have any sheet music, but you may be able to find some at the location of one of his last performances. Britian theater, Jehl Theater, and Nejel theater.
Talk to the impersarios at each location, and eventually one of them will sell you some sheet music for 10 gold.
Return to Garbiel, and he will sign the sheet. After he does so, return to the collector, who will give you your final task.

TASK 4: FIGURINES

The collector will ask you to visit the toy maker in trinsic to collect a set of figurines. The toymaker can be found north of the Trinsic stables, in the Tinkers guild. Again, it is easier to mark a rune here then to run from the moongate.
The toymaker will give you a set of enchancted paints, and ask that you locate 5 creatures and paint their picture, so that he can model the figurines after your paintings. The creatures he chooses are random from a small list of beasts, most that can be found in Tramel. The following is a partial list of the creatures he may ask you to paint, and where to find them.

Juka Warrior: Wrong dungon Tram
Juka Mage: Wrong dungon Tram
Litch: Covetous level 3
Mummy: Covetous level 3
Swamp Dragon: South of Humility shrine Ilsh
Bogthing: South of Humility shrine Ilsh
Boggling: South of Humility shrine Ilsh
Mongbat: South of Humility shrine Ilsh
Juggernaut: West of compassion Shrine ilsh, In the Juka castle
Sand Vortex: In the desert west of the juka castle Ilsh
Scorpion: In the desert west of the juka castle Ilsh
Black Widow Spider: North east of the inn near Spirituality shrine Ilsh, in the spider caves.
Pixie: North of Spirituality shrine Ilsh
Meer Warrior: North of Sacrafice Shrine Ilsh
Stone Gargoyle: Chaos Shrine Ilsh

*Note: Most of these creatures do spawn in tram, which is easier then running through ilsh, if you mark a recall rune to their locations. Check the uostratics homepage for exact spawn locations

After you collect all of the required paintings, return to the toymaker who will give you the figurines.
Return to the collector, and receive you reward: A small amount of gold, and a piece of obsidian.

OBSIDIAN: By clicking one piece of Obsidian and targeting another, the pieces will combine. Combine a total of 10 pieces to complete one of the following statues:
an aggressive cavalier
a beguiling rogue
a benevolent physician
a brilliant artisan
a capricious adventurer
a clever beggar
a convincing charlatan
a creative inventor
a creative tinker
a cunning knave
a dauntless explorer
a despicable ruffian
an earnest malcontent
an exultant animal tamer
a famed adventurer
a fanatical crusader
a fastidious clerk
a fearless hunter
a festive harlequin
a fidgety assassin
a fierce soldier
a fierce warrior
a frugal magnate
a glib pundit
a gnomic shaman
a graceful noblewoman
a idiotic madman
a imaginative designer
an inept conjurer
an innovative architect
an inventive blacksmith
a judicious mayor
a masterful chef
a masterful woodworker
a melancholy clown
a melodic bard
a merciful guard
a mirthful jester
a nervous surgeon
a peaceful scholar
a prolific gardener
a quixotic knight
a regal aristocrat
a resourceful smith
a reticent alchemist
a sanctified priest
a scheming patrician
a shrewd mage
a singing minstrel
a skilled tailor
a squeamish assassin
a stoic swordsman
a studious scribe
a thought provoking writer
a treacherous scoundrel
a troubled poet
an unflappable wizard
a valiant warrior
a wayward fool

There is also a small chance (1 in 80) that you will receive a bust with your characters name on it, which makes it a truely unique item!

I have yet to see a complete set of status, as the quest is rather time consuming. However, it's enjoyable seeing which statue you are rewarded, and can sometimes be a needed break from the normal hack and slash of everyday game play.
I hope you enjoyed this guide. Please feel free to post any information I have neglected, and I will edit it accordingly :)

Oaks

Knight
Re: The Collector Quest

It's useful to know that for the painting part of the quest you do not need to have line of sight with the monster. Hold control + shift and then targetting their name will work just fine.

marcusstone

Sorceror

and if my count is correct, you would need to do this quest 600 times, getting a unique statue every time to have a whole set...

kev6872

Wanderer

I did that damn quest the other day. I went through everything step by step and when I got to the end nothing happened. I didn't get the piece of obsidian? The old man acted like he didn't know me, but the quest log said I had completed the quest.
I'm trying it again. Right now I am looking for the sheet of music, the place in Brit is out of them. Where might I find one of the other two?

Thanks

marcusstone

Sorceror

Jehlom theater, or Neujelum theater are the other two locations (I spelled the names of the cities wrong, I know...)
Anyway, the sheet music always appears in one of these three spots...
You should have gotten a bag in your pack at the completion of the quest, which held a simple item such as a weapon or armor, about 900 gold, and the piece of obsidian... If not, I don't know what to tell you... There are a couple of us that do this quest about 10 times a day, and I have never heard of this problem before...

kev6872

Wanderer

I prolly screwed it up somehow. I'm going to run through it again and see how it works out. BTW, thanks for the guide. Somehow I had never heard of this quest before.

Strangely, I love this quest. I used to do it quite often on the pay to play. Now, I for some reason don't do it anymore. I would like to have some hunting runes before I did this again I think. I did have runes to all locations, maybe thats why I did it so much....

marcusstone

Sorceror

I have runes to MOST of the monster locations, excluding black widows, and things found in the juka castle

Luke Fraser

Wanderer

I just did this quest tonight and is very stressing and boring. Anyway, ill get you some ophidian, and in a long futures ill be in your place, paying 25K for each ophidian peace.

sxbass

Wanderer

My list :
Black Widow Spider
Juka Warrior
Swamp Dragon
Plague Beast

where to find the Plague Beast? :(

[Drakull]

Knight

kev6872;348289 said:
I did that damn quest the other day. I went through everything step by step and when I got to the end nothing happened. I didn't get the piece of obsidian? The old man acted like he didn't know me, but the quest log said I had completed the quest.
I'm trying it again. Right now I am looking for the sheet of music, the place in Brit is out of them. Where might I find one of the other two?

Thanks
It's really easy to complete using the books in the library. (You can find a book to that quest main places in my rune library too).

[Drakull]

Knight

LOL... I just did the quest nine times since server wars (I had already an obsidian gem), and got the funniest statue:
a fastidious clerk... I think I'll put it in the shop area :)

Lippy

Wanderer

sxbass;373045 said:
My list :
Black Widow Spider
Juka Warrior
Swamp Dragon
Plague Beast

where to find the Plague Beast? :(

spider cave north of ilsh spirituality
blackthorns castle , easiest route compassion shrine ilsh
Humility
Humility

I was inspired by this thread to do this quest , after 5 hours I got a statue of a skilled tailor.

I am quite pleased :D

tomstrife

Wanderer

Is this quest Bugged? I took the pictures to the guy and he told me to find more pearls...

Edit: nm, I guess I have to redo the whole thing to get another shard QQ

Oaks

Knight

The pearls go to Elwood in New Haven, the pictures of the monsters/animals you have to bring to Thomas the Toy maker in Trinsic (but you have to do the pearl quest bit first). You can only use the pictures you made yourself, and only once. Pictures made by someone else you can not use as he won't accept them.