UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Great Pet Luring [Event]

Oenomaus

Hybrid Staff Member
The Staff's mascot got out of its cage and need to be lured back by the players. This is a classic pet trapping event, except you do not get to ransom our pet. We just give you the prize for luring our pet back to the finish line.

The starting point can be found here:

How do you know you're in the correct spot? Well there is the staff's mascot there caged up in an invisible cage.

And where do you need to lure this beautiful beast to? Well to here!

It is about West sort of south of the starting line. Roughly it takes about two minute ride on a mount. There are plenty houses around and when the event starts we will be putting out some red healers.

The Rules!

The main rule is that you can not put this animal on a boat or trap it in a house. Both occasions will give us the chance to kick the monster out of the house or boat back to land.

If people are luring this monster completely away from the finish line we will move it back to the start or something like that, so this event doesn't drag out...

Our Mascot will be spawning monsters around it at random times. Those monsters could have prizes on them, thus killing the monsters around the mascot is a must.

The person(s) who cross the the line with out mascot close behind them will get the grand prize. If it is very hard to tell who is the clear winner, well then we will decide the winner by a short duel event done at random.

I have a die in front of me and six different styles of duel events. I will roll the die and whatever number it lands on is the event we will do to decide the winner. It could be alchy, 5x, warrior, runics on or off, then some nutty crazy one that is just well lets hope we don't do that :p

You can also get a prize by killing the Mascot itself. There is only one prize on it, and well lets say its not as good as luring it back to the finish line. Also killing the pet will be very tough and if you do manage to kill it there will be no more monsters spawned and no more prizes, so keeping it alive is in everyone's interest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What to know about this event: It will start be on September the 7th, 2013, around noon pacific time zone. (Around meaning it could start a little before or a little after)

I can see this event being very brutal. If you do not like dying and losing stuff or people killing you, then you probably do not want to join.

There are no guards, there are no gates, no bankers. Prepare for battle. What I can say is that we will try to put out enough red healers for the journey.

Our Mascot is very tough, hits very hard and there will be lots of people smacking on you at the same time.

To find the starting location it is very easy, just go North little west of Ice dungeon and you will get there in no time.

Prepare for some real head knocking. Fill up your runebooks with recalls and load up some restocking bags. Or if you feel confident then get a giant beetle and be ready to collect some serious loot.

Also I strongly advise to not bring any animals you care about since they could end up trapped in a house or boat. This is a pet luring event :)

If you have any questions about the event, feel free to post them here.

BrackusMage

Sorceror
Seems Ineresting enough. And all thisp has to pass a couple of my houses. Hmm maby ill set up some traps or uni turrets for pesky bad karma people going by. But all in all seems like a little fun. What about spawn that the mascot produces? Can you boat or house trap that spawn?

Oenomaus

Hybrid Staff Member
Yes, you can trap anything else other than the Mascot.

As a warning if there is anything that is overkill in preventing people from getting their final destination then I "may" move it around. Honestly if its going to cause this event to go longer than five hours then I will step in to overstep the obstacles.

Though I do encourage people to do something silly, just not something that would stop the whole event :p

Trevor

Knight
Seems Ineresting enough. And all thisp has to pass a couple of my houses. Hmm maby ill set up some traps or uni turrets for pesky bad karma people going by. But all in all seems like a little fun. What about spawn that the mascot produces? Can you boat or house trap that spawn?

When you says acouple of your houses. You mean 2 out of 4. You dont have houses. DO YOU?

CHEATER!!@1!!1!!!~~!!

Paracelsus

Sorceror
Thank you for the event. It sounds very funny.

By the way, is filling the destination with unicorns allowed? On 7-Sept, I am not available so I won't fill it with these white horses. :p

Oenomaus

Hybrid Staff Member
Thank you for the event. It sounds very funny.

By the way, is filling the destination with unicorns allowed? On 7-Sept, I am not available so I won't fill it with these white horses. :p

I will not be against the unicorn trick. Since I encourage players to be creative and make things more interesting. But let it be known is that if the event is taking way too long or causing too much of a hassle then I will remove the obstacles in the way.

eltaco

Sorceror
omg you lucky basterds! im having a BBQ for my birthday exactly then and its gonna rain 80%, so ill prolly kill the BBQ goodbye AND miss the event

thanks staff :) ..... till next time

Oenomaus

Hybrid Staff Member
Hope you guys enjoyed it! That event happened faster than I thought it would, but then again you guys know how to lure pets around.

Here is a picture of all the prizes in the event.

All prizes were hued 1276
10 t-shirts, 5 kilts, 10 horses, 5 llamas, 5 fishing nets, and not shown 5 horse dungs, with the winner getting 40 charges for pet summoning ball (two 20 charges) and the Clown mask.

Now this doesn't mean all of the survived. I believe a couple of t-shirts have perished already and a couple horse statues.

Both the llama and horse statues can not be ridden. They're just statues, nothing else.

Tehlawlfirm

Traveler
"The person(s) who cross the the line with out mascot close behind them will get the grand prize"

I'm confused it says without the mascot close behind. I'm also confused on how the winner was deteremined when there was like 20 people at the same time including the winner at the finish line with the mascot. So how was one winner deteremined when there was like people in the exact spot at same time with the mascot at the finish line of the winner?

Oenomaus

Hybrid Staff Member
It was pretty much crappy that people were not luring the damn pet to them, but just sitting in that area to be one of the people to be determined the winner.

Thus I said in the game that the person who drags the beast there last with it in the green area wins. Spoonj did it with the beast right behind him. He died shortly afterwards, but he was still able to get it across.

Now let me say that other people/guilds did most of the work to lure the bastard all the way over. Next if I do something like that I will keep track how far someone lures the pet and give them prizes for that. Everyone seemed to gather towards the end and wait for the "big prize".

I was expecting more killing there at the end, but sadly 20 blues sitting there. Oh well, hope it was still entertaining.