UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Great Pet Luring [Event]

Oenomaus

Hybrid Staff Member
Is that clown mask wearable or a wall hanger? Just curious :) thx

Just a decoration. :)

Also, I would like feedback to how I can make this sort of event better. Please be detailed not just say it was lame or some other BS.

The one thing I noticed is that it was pretty damn hard to put out prizes on the monsters while trying to keep track of that damn beast. One thing I found was just to freeze it then spawn monsters and go about that.

Also, maybe set it to a different rules like, get the beast on your boat to be the winner. That way it makes it more define to who actually won to everyone else.

Plus I wanted to give out some other prizes. What type of prizes would be better? I am pretty against doing a massive handout. I much rather people earn the prizes rather than sit on the side lines and "be included".

Thunder

Page
maybe next time spawn a bunch of nasty mobs at the finish line so all the blues sitting and waiting have something to do.

eltaco

Sorceror
maybe next time spawn a bunch of nasty mobs at the finish line so all the blues sitting and waiting have something to do.

or have an unexpected and terrible thundershow, which we could have the U.A.T.T. (pronounced whhhat?!) which would strike anyone idle for more than 120 seconds at the finish line... to spice things up

BrackusMage

Sorceror
I'm kinda thinking make something like the hedge maze with a house in the middle. Maybe something custom. Little wider area of the runways. Then have everyone at a starting point. These people will be able to start luring the beast in question. Place in Ankh's and bankers in different area's for people to restock when they die. Place spawners to activate in certain spots of the level to spawn npc's on them these can be 1 time spawners who auto spawn with certain rares on them. At the end of the maze Is your house. The person to walk in with the beast right on them will be the winner. your 2nd runner up will be the 2nd person to step into the house.h

I do like the ethy hue dye tub one use idea. Another is a new bear mask special hue. There is only 1 other on shard I know of that the owner has not played in years. Another might be something as such a ageless house. Money always is good as well but if your trying to stray from that one I also get that as well. Another thing I would like to see used as handouts are Bods for some of the higher bod hammers and 120 blacksmith scrolls. Another could be small house on privet island. Prefer d to be not ageless. This will keep the member who lives there a active player or sells to a active player.

Well there is my ides Hope some of this helped.

Tehlawlfirm

Traveler
in the green area wins. Spoonj did it with the beast right behind him. He died shortly afterwards, but he was still able to get it across.

Now let me say that other people/guilds did most of the work to lure the bastard all the way over. Next if I do something like that I will keep track how far someone lures the pet and give them prizes for that. Everyone seemed to gather towards the end and wait for the "big prize".

I was expecting more killing there at the end, but sadly 20 blues sitting there. Oh well, hope it was still entertaining.

Kinda hard to lure when the event is set up for spefically one guild. Which by the way had there reds on and killed everyone who tryed to lure or loot. So i dont really blame blues for setting up at the finish since the reds had the start and middle. Make it more fair next time please and not so tilted to one guild.

Oenomaus

Hybrid Staff Member
I really don't understand how I could tilt it to anyone. I told everyone the starting line, and I told everyone the finish line. I put out the pet and said go at it.

How is it tilted to anyone? Did I actually tilt this event to people who actually PvP and lure pets? Of course. We don't have enough events where being red and killing people comes naturally.

Amerigo

Sorceror
I really don't understand how I could tilt it to anyone. I told everyone the starting line, and I told everyone the finish line. I put out the pet and said go at it.

How is it tilted to anyone? Did I actually tilt this event to people who actually PvP and lure pets? Of course. We don't have enough events where being red and killing people comes naturally.

TBH, it was pretty clearly tilted towards the [LURE] guild.

Oenomaus

Hybrid Staff Member
TBH, it was pretty clearly tilted towards the [LURE] guild.

I didn't even know a guild like that existed or if it exists. But my intention was to make an event that was away from guard zones and dungeons and put a different twist.

Tilting to anyone intentionally not at all.

Amerigo

Sorceror
I didn't even know a guild like that existed or if it exists. But my intention was to make an event that was away from guard zones and dungeons and put a different twist.

Tilting to anyone intentionally not at all.

Oh, I was just trying to point out how ridiculous it is to suggest an event like this was tilted to a specific guild. There was a red guild running around, but the only advantage was that they were organized, vs random blues.

It was a great event and really creative. Thx for all the effort you put into this.