UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The lack of civility and humanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheivan01

Knight
Re: The lack of civility and humanity

word, but I doubt there's any way to stop powerful nerds being their computer monitor. :x

Well said, its very true as well.. I think its b.c OSI had so many rules in place to guard against its player being socialy exceptable, if they wernt well you went to jail and if it was sevear enough a ban was issued.

Naturaly its not like that on most none OSI server and some of the player base seems to think anything goes, and there will be no repercusion's for there verbal actions.

Its not clever, its not nice and its totaly out of hand with some of you.

NocLaN

Sorceror

it's real . and i hate players who say stupid things without any reason .
they saw you for the first time and say .M.....F.... wow . i think they raised to the bottom of their intelligence....when they log on .

AndrewDoK

Wanderer

I totally agree, a lot of people say things that they really shouldnt because nobody can see their face behind the computer screen. I believe taunting and provoking in a good manner is fine when fighting and such, but people need to keep it clean UO doesn't filter its words like many other games with that comes a certain amount of responsibility of players not to get out of hand. I know in my guild we have rules against using any racial slurs and exessive badmouthing, it's up to the players to realize there are real people behind those characters and words do hurt!

thanks for this ryan

I believe the problem is because it gets under our skins. If someones pot chugging 1v1 or just running, it's annoying, so you're going to say something to get under their skin. Obviously racial remarks fill this need.

How to prevent it? Stop running and chugging :D

Na0cho

Wanderer

Its a problem with online gaming everywhere. If any of you have ever played on xbox live (or anythign for that matter but i remember halo2 beingthe worst of the worst) all these kids do it constantly. I heard the N word more in one night playing halo then i had all my life to that point.. its an epidemic that seems to have no end as they will just claim freedom of speech. :{

and putting a filter in place just wouldnt work as theres always ways around it.

i remember on osi trying to type cutlass and getting cutla$$ lol. I would like to think that there are more people out there that dont speak like this than there are that do. Maybe if we all try a little bit to talk sense into these kids .

I highly doubt it though.

thats Humanity for you....

Clandest

Wanderer

Definitly Agreed aint this a game !!! suppose to enjoy the time spent here .I have been here for like 14 days and i ask for recall regs at bank <i spare you the details>
Best Post i have seen im long time Peace !Play the Game & Enjoy your stay that the only way ull keep having lots of ppl online P.S plz rez Klls is the worst kind of ppl when the rez killed is a newbie Geez Grow up Ppl

Beat'n Gutz

Wanderer

Great post Ryan, I totally agree.... People to look out for are Dream Team.. I see them mult. times calling people the N word and what not... and many of the pwnstar guild members too... Theres many more thats just some of the player base.

Endless Darc

Wanderer

Its sad it has to go to this extent but someone had to do it
AMEN ryan you rock
Agreed 150%

i cant say im totally innocent, but i dont hardly ever talk in game and if my guild is saying dumb stuff like that i try to keep em handled. now there are exceptions to every rule, there are a couple players that i couldnt resist. :) but yes i agree with u Ryan, we need a more friendly community.

Status
Not open for further replies.