UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The New Doom Point System *Please Vote*

What is your opinion of the new Doom point system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brumak

Traveler
Just throwing some kind of idea out there....

What about a Good Guy System? I know that you get some real assholes in this game but a lot of it is PvP orientated and just when they're 'in the zone'. But 8/10 it's those 'assholes' that generally help new people out because they want new people to play the game so they give them items/tips/weapons/gold or anything basically. When I first started I'm sad to say that I had a lot (if not too much) help in getting started but that hasn't changed anything with my gameplay because I'm not a multi-millionaire or anywhere close to for that matter but in return for what I got I like to help new people out whenever possible. So what about this Good Guy System?. Basically it's a way of helping yourself by helping others, say if you give a new person some items or you help someone with quests or anything along the lines of helping people out you can work towards getting a bonus % towards item/arty drops (much like gaining perfection) that lasts for 12 hours (coz not everyone can be on all the time) but to stop people being able to exploit it to a massive extent you have a cooldown timer of say 24+ hours before you can earn your bonus again?

I know this will probably get laughed at but it will help new players because people want to help them so more people may come to play, and it will help other people who like helping others, and hell, it might even start 'true assholes' helping people out rather than helping people leave the shard.

Brumak

Traveler
I know what you mean but I often wonder why people who are on here don't just play OSI if this place is so bad, a lot if not most people that don't like this shard still spend on donation items using money that could pay for a subscription to OSI. I'm not trying to cause an argument or anything I was just having a say. This place (to me) is awesome because you can play for free and you don't have to spend any RL cash unless you want to. I myself love it because I'm married with 2 kids and my money can be spent better elsewhere (don't get me wrong I love playing the game and I would probably be on OSI if I could).

Uomvp

Knight
I want a new doom system. I use to help new players until I made someone a roughly 3mil suit n he turned around n just sold it. It's not about the money, it was about the time I spent getting the scrolls n making the suit.

Xomm

Wanderer
Myt raises a good point...
We as players always talk about our rights, our desires, our concerns...
What about the shard? A good idea would be a requirement for each player to play at least 24 hours per a week.
Ofcourse I understand every now and then we can't play that long, for example if are arrested etc... in those cases all you would have to do
would be to ask the police for a document saying you were arrested... and because of that couldn't play ultima online, I am sure they would oblige.

Was this a serious post or are you just trolling? Because having to get a writ from the police explaining your absence in an online game is just fucking absurd. UO isn't a job and it never will be. It's a hobby, and we can spend however much time we so choose playing it. If I want to play an hour a week, I will. If I want to play another game one night, I will. If your trolled suggestion we're to be implemented, then I would by all rights...never play Demise again.

Xomm

Wanderer
Also, seeing as how I hate grinding dungeons for loot. I feel like the Doom system could be improved. But by all means, it doesn't need to drop an Arty to a player every minute. That would nuke the economy on Demise. With that said, the system is fine as is. The only thing I do have an issue with, is the fact that no matter how hard the newer players try to compete on the damage scales in Doom, they will always be outdone by some 20 year veteran who has 500kk in his suit and is farming Doom just to feed his greed. The ToT perma idea is actually a pretty good idea to attempt to balance the scales abit. But at the same time...that would be nuking the Demise economy. So...leave shit be. Working your gear set up should be a goal, long term or short term...it should be a goal that isn't handed to you. Days if not weeks or months worth of hours go into raiding in various MMO titles just to grab that one piece of gear. So honestly, we have it good here.

Facko

Sorceror
The economy in this game is already a joke. People could make millions overnight with inscription alone. Without the need to ever interact with another person.

The grind here also takes a lot longer than it does in wow. I had my characters fully geared within a few weeks of average gameplay.

Slugworth

Squire
just put old system back?
Now what would that solve? More countless grinding for new players/old players. I've been here since 04 and it's time to make a change to Demise. 90% of the people here want it like osi, I honestly don't know what the problem is.

No new players have the kind of time it takes to farm doom for 2 months to get a serps fang, or taskmaster worth 20k... This is complete bullshit and I'll never be able to get suited on this shard.. This shard could have some serious growth if it focused on ways to get new players suited up instead of making it hella hard on them.. It's 2014 now, not 2000 when we had no jobs etc.

Reximus

Page
No new players have the kind of time it takes to farm doom for 2 months to get a serps fang, or taskmaster worth 20k... This is complete bullshit and I'll never be able to get suited on this shard.. This shard could have some serious growth if it focused on ways to get new players suited up instead of making it hella hard on them.. It's 2014 now, not 2000 when we had no jobs etc.

Yeah, dear new players: quit now, unless you don't have a have job/something else to do, you won't have the time to play properly.

No, I don't suggest that new players quit. I'm simply suggesting that everyone is not 14 years old anymore and has all day to farm dungeons to get a 20k gold artifact, I know if I spent a month in doom and got a bezerkers maul I wouldn't go back. I got a job, I'd rather pay real life money anyday if it was reasonable, instead of spending COUNTLESS hours in a dungeon when the only thing fun on this game is pvp.

Phelon

Knight
I know what you mean but I often wonder why people who are on here don't just play OSI if this place is so bad, a lot if not most people that don't like this shard still spend on donation items using money that could pay for a subscription to OSI. I'm not trying to cause an argument or anything I was just having a say. This place (to me) is awesome because you can play for free and you don't have to spend any RL cash unless you want to. I myself love it because I'm married with 2 kids and my money can be spent better elsewhere (don't get me wrong I love playing the game and I would probably be on OSI if I could).

Because this place is full of marginally functional third world 12 year olds who couldn't afford $10 a year month if their lives depended on it. But they will sale you gud itens and then complain that they don't have good ping in Beirut.