UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The only stat-gain guide you'll ever need!

serotonin

Traveler
Ladies and Gentleman of the Demise Shard,

I am here to tell you how to raise your stats, and my method worked for me in less than a day! This is tried and tested and took me my first veteran award time span to perfect. I can assure you, you will not be disappointed!

Rule #1 of this guide: Follow it to the letter
Rule #2 of this guide: FOLLOW IT TO THE LETTER.
Rule #3 of this guide: Enjoy your new stats.

Firstly, arms lore is tried and tested and we will be using it so you will need a weapon/piece of armour/shield to use it on.

Secondly, healing is our best friend. You will need 2500+ bandages and the money to update those when you run out.

Here are the steps to follow. Remember the first two rules:

1) Reach your skill cap.
2) Set ALL skills to locked. Every one of them.
3) Go back and set healing UP and set arms lore UP
4) Set up a razor macro to heal a person in lich form constantly with a 2.5s wait followed by an arms lore check on your piece of equipment and another 2.5s wait.
5) Loop.
6) Go catch some Zzzzs.

If you have specific goals about what you want your stats to be, you will need to keep an eye on it and lock them as and when they reach the goal.

"But Craiiiiiig... They say if you lock stats, and the stat gain roll lands on a locked stat, you don't gain at alllllll!!!"

This is true. But after a day of this macro, you won't be noticing what you haven't gained, but rather what you have gained!
Have fun!

serotonin

Traveler
I found, for me, that arms lore just didn't stat-up int/dex as much.
However, when I introduced healing, the stat gain was equal all over and because you can heal quicker than you can arms lore, you get more roll chances to gain in an individual stat (Though I have no doubt that arms lore is the king for raising strength, despite the fact it's primary "stat" is int).

april0395

Sorceror
Great guide. Honestly, if this is followed correctly, then there will no doubt be gains.

I used arms lore for STR and evaluating intelligence for INT. I only needed to get my dex up a few points, so I used camping. I didn't do healing because I didn't want to spend the money on a lot of bandages (I'm cheap, hah!). I only needed about 10 kindle because I failed to ignite so often.

On other servers, I usually just ran a loop macro on an instrument to play it and set musicianship up in order to gain in DEX. I tried this on Demise, and didn't get any results. Not really sure why, though. Anyone else know?

serotonin

Traveler
I tried using the instrument method too and failed, no idea why.
I find that using skills like music, eval, anatomy, etc are too slow (5 seconds between each use), where as healing is 2.5 seconds. As much as you still end up healing only once every 5 seconds with the above method, you're also throwing in Arms lore which gives a SECOND chance in those five seconds to raise a stat :)

That's why it works better, I think.

Two Wolves

Knight
Great guide. Honestly, if this is followed correctly, then there will no doubt be gains.

I used arms lore for STR and evaluating intelligence for INT. I only needed to get my dex up a few points, so I used camping. I didn't do healing because I didn't want to spend the money on a lot of bandages (I'm cheap, hah!). I only needed about 10 kindle because I failed to ignite so often.

On other servers, I usually just ran a loop macro on an instrument to play it and set musicianship up in order to gain in DEX. I tried this on Demise, and didn't get any results. Not really sure why, though. Anyone else know?

Skills are not tied to Primary/Secondary stats at this time.

As long as there is a 15 minute stat gain reward cool down timer (per gain or per stat category), my statistical intuition, such as it is, tells me there is no difference between a 2.5 second delay skill and a 5 second delay.

What do the numbers say? 15*60/5 = 180 chances per point or per stat every 15 minute period. The chance that a stat will increase on any given skill gain is 1 in 20 with 180 chances of a skill at Zero that checks for gain with a frequency of 1 in 10 attempts, gives you 18 checks per period, ... 18 is not enough for a reasonably good chance. To get one per period on average would require at least 20 checks.

So much for my intuition, running two low latency skills is much better than one skill with a 5 second delay.

serotonin

Traveler
Then how do you explain this method sky-rocketed my skill gain far faster than arms-lore alone?
Try it for yourself, you'll be surprised.

serotonin

Traveler
See-Sawing them is a nightmare, especially if you want to raise just ONE stat. I am currently doing this with my charcters.
When it comes to see-sawing, it really is a matter of having a string of good rolls!

ah well I'm averaging a gain every 45-50min INT just from macroing magery. I don't really want to do the arms lore/healing because i won't be attended and know i'll have to see saw if i do.

Well im a broke noob with no friends on this server so the healing method is out but i already have a tracking macro on my razor!

serotonin

Traveler
Well, reach your skill cap and set tracking to up, lock everything else.
I noticed it's pretty good at raising int.

Thanks so much. You're very helpful. Off Topic but can you tell me a roundabout price for verite/val hammers and barbed kits? Thank you again.