UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The People's History of UOGamers

Flipper

Knight
The People's History of UOGamers

I think it's time this got compiled. Make it sound as grandiose as possible.

Please stop complaining about bias; of course I wrote a bunch of stuff about myself, I was there. I'm counting on you all to add your own "biased" accounts... this is a compliation, when it's given more input it will not look so one-sided.

Post your entries using this format:

Month: Blah blah happened. [source, if any]

Things you should add:
-Major guilds being formed
-Wars being fought
-Major shard changes
-Any sort of widespread controversy
-Player-run events
-Staffing changes
-Unique little-known facts or occurrences
-Cool stuff
-Any things you remember that stuck out

Things you shouldn't add:
-Stuff specifically about you, not pertaining to the shard
-Hot naked pictures of young horny girls
(someone always adds the shit you say don't add, so here goes nothing...)

2002: Beta Stages

December: Shard sees a massive wipe. A multiple-day outage leads to an empty server and 800 or so raged players. A handful return immediately, but most come back down the line.

October: Clean Up Britannia launched.
December: Secluded Wind house dropped by staff with 200+ players in attendance.

July: Entourage is formed, lead by former [IC] leaders Socrates and Brother of Jesus, with the goal of teaching players to PvP. PvP in general sees a high point.
August: YES and Ck6, easily the two best guilds, disappear with the school year.
August: Delucia Pond duel pits become safe zones for the first time, sparking a revival in the dueling scene but a decline in field PvP.
August-October: The Lil Wyte clones are the only stable PvP guild, with 31D and ... the only others consistently playing; PvP at its worst ever.
November-January: r33n forms N*SYNC. 31D stabilizes. Legion of Doom returns. YES returns full force as Engage with Rage. PvP sees a revival unlike any before.

January-March: Rage membership drops from Jenova, Daz, FCM and Flipper to Jenova, FCM and Flipper, then to just Jenova and Flipper as everyone starts playing WoW randomly. PvP starts to see another decline, as zerg guilds are the only present force.
March: Much-hyped classic server UOG: Divinity is released, temporarily distracting some players from Hybrid.
April: Player vendor mall formed by Addicted and Flipper. It sees immediate success, as players across the shard flock to it and set up their own vendors.
May: Dynasty is formed by co-GMs Flipper and Bobby McPrescott.
May: [SS], lead by Bugs Bunny, runs the shard with admittedly lame but legal tactics. Nobody really opposes them.
June: Grey-lead c2w joins the shard, forcing most of the talented players to adapt to their unusual play style.
August: A few names make comebacks, but nothing significant occurs.
September: The player vendor mall project is temporarily suspended.
October: PvP dies.
December: The player vendor mall is sold.

P.S. This is not my list; it's for everyone. I'm one of the few people who will take time to actually edit it though, because I'm a nerd and love this type of stuff. Please don't hesitate to suggest that I do things differently!

Tailoreta

Wanderer
Re: The People's History of UOGamers

This idea is awesome. I can think of some events in the life of a trammie, like when ryan made in honor sashes of pure white and they got cut by everyone introducing pure and then he raged and made them ugly green. Or so the story goes. Theres lots of other things like that but i cant remember them all now.

Edit: first sorry i cant remember dates but maybe someone will.
When CBDS were made REDEEMABLE! I hated that so much....
Edit 2: introduction of role playing facet. Again i cant remember the date. ha ha. i kinda suck at this.
Edit 3: When was tessa's rune library created? it's now the biggest and best, i'm sure that was quite and event, course i cant remember the date.
Anyone want to help me with some dates on these?

aemneuspeed

Knight

This seems like it would be a great idea, but as its already starting to do, its kinda leaning in the favor of the poster. Which I'm sure will cause a huge uproar from some. But on the other hand, kudos to Flipper, I would like to see this fully filled out.

Minsc

Sorceror

Tailoreta;1596017 said:
This idea is awesome. I can think of some events in the life of a trammie, like when ryan made in honor sashes of pure white and they got cut by everyone introducing pure and then he raged and made them ugly green. Or so the story goes. Theres lots of other things like that but i cant remember them all now.

ahaha I remember that, they were going for 10k-20k each too :)... well thats how much I sold mine for.

When I first started playing in 2004 there was a huge IDOC drop, where all the houses that were IDOC fell before server wars (but the GMs fucked it, and it happened during server wars, so they did it after the server rebooted) many lootings were had. Someone confirm this because I was confused why/when it happened.
Thats pretty cool, I didn't know I was here since around the wipe.

Addicted

Disciple

Tailoreta;1596017 said:
When CBDS were made REDEEMABLE! I hated that so much....

I loved that.

I had bought bags and bags of blessed clothes for next to nothing. I sat on them for about 10 months after the cbds were redeemable and quickly made a very large fortune. :D

Of course, I think the 75mil I made from selling Barstools topped that. :p

Google stones removed, Pet skill gains reduced, monster loot was drastically lowered resulting in less pvp/fielding in dungeons. Poker was introduced, IDOC times changed to 2 weeks resulting in a large percent of houses shard wide collapsed. BOD system changed (recently). Dont remember ates, but I remember a whole slue of crap like this.

Tailoreta

Wanderer

Addicted;1596086 said:
I loved that.

I had bought bags and bags of blessed clothes for next to nothing. I sat on them for about 10 months after the cbds were redeemable and quickly made a very large fortune. :D

Of course, I think the 75mil I made from selling Barstools topped that. :p

The second release of barstools they got it wrong and made them dyeable and a huge amount of people died them black and they were being sold left right and centre. 20 minutes later all the barstools just given out were taken back and then new undyeable ones were issued.... that was hilarious.

aemneuspeed

Knight

Tailoreta;1596099 said:
The second release of barstools they got it wrong and made them dyeable and a huge amount of people died them black and they were being sold left right and centre. 20 minutes later all the barstools just given out were taken back and then new undyeable ones were issued.... that was hilarious.

I remember when that happened, it was quite funny, one of my friends had gotten 3, then logged out, next day i had to give him the bad news..... I remember everyone running round after they had just bought the dyeable ones and then losing them.

Tailoreta;1596099 said:

I got super lucky, got a drk grey one when they were re-issued!

ploki

Knight

Imbus introduced
DoC started in July of 2006
Addicted's Mall was sold to me
Imbus Taken Out

Oct 2004 - Clean up Britannia
Dec 2004 - Secluded Wind house is dropped by staff, with 200 people gathered.

Peniku

Page

forgot 2006, kinights who say ni came to hybrid with more than 30 brazilians =]

Flipper

Knight

aemneuspeed;1596066 said:
This seems like it would be a great idea, but as its already starting to do, its kinda leaning in the favor of the poster. Which I'm sure will cause a huge uproar from some. But on the other hand, kudos to Flipper, I would like to see this fully filled out.

This is because we speak from our own experience.

The point is that everyone puts in things they experienced, that were major events. That's why I wrote stuff about Rage, and the PvP scene.

I expect contributions to be similar to my own, in that they are "in favor" of the person writing them. As long as nobody is "put down" then it shouldn't be an issue.

Glad to see a positive response =)

anyone know when in 2007 the whole economy basically crashed? (cbds, pretty much all bod rewards... me stealing all the resources... etc.)