UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Server is UP (Updated 1:28AM PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronus

and his amazing friends
The Server is UP (Updated 1:28AM PST)

Update 1:27 AM PST (GMT-8)

The server is up! There was a slight revert due to the sudden disconnect (the game kept going while we were all unable to connect)

Update: 12:51 AM PST (GMT-8)

(12:50:45 AM) ASayre: can yas post saying like
(12:50:52 AM) ASayre: The host is doing maintence on Demise
(12:50:55 AM) Cronus: yep
(12:51:23 AM) ASayre: but ya, host is upgrading some stuffs

Update: 1:04 AM PST (GMT-8)
Expected maintenance duration: 2:00am - 4:00am CST (12:00AM-2:00AM PST)

Keeping in mind that the server didn't go down until about 12:30AM PST or so it could take a bit longer than that, but there's the rough estimate

(1:05:31 AM) ASayre: If they brought the box itself down
(1:05:43 AM) ASayre: then it'd be another 12 hours

Now you all know as much as I do.

Also, while you're all here with nothing better to do. Go look at this:
http://www.uodemise.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=46842

[Drakull]

Knight
Re: The Server is Down

Cronus-demise;228803 said:
We know, the proper people are being informed. Please bear with us.

Thank you, I was not sure if it was me or not. I just saw your answer when I saw my post deleted :)
I just hope that the game saved after I gave the necro book to the new player. If not and you can read this, Duke, I'll let the book at iceman's house in tokuno so he can give it to you (he is also in LOL).

Hannes-Erich

Sorceror

This is my first server crash (aww, how cute, hehe) and I was wondering how server crashes affect gameplay and items. Is there always a revert after a server crash? When it happened, I was in a dungeon and dismounted (stuffing my giant beetle with hides), so any information would help me determine whether I need to stay glued to the forum until the server's up. Also, when the server comes back up, will my character be logged out of the game, or still standing in the dungeon unattended? I imagine my beetle's lost either way, unless a revert sets me back about an hour or so at the least.

Cronus

and his amazing friends
Re: The Server is Down (Updated)

This was not a crash, per se. The datacenter that hosts the server itself is doing some maintenance. At this point we aren't sure whether or not there will be a revert.

[Drakull]

Knight

Hannes-Erich;228810 said:
This is my first server crash (aww, how cute, hehe) and I was wondering how server crashes affect gameplay and items. Is there always a revert after a server crash? When it happened, I was in a dungeon and dismounted (stuffing my giant beetle with hides), so any information would help me determine whether I need to stay glued to the forum until the server's up. Also, when the server comes back up, will my character be logged out of the game, or still standing in the dungeon unattended? I imagine my beetle's lost either way, unless a revert sets me back about an hour or so at the least.

On "unscheduled" crashes it reverts back to the last savegame (there is one each 15-20 minutes). On connection lost by the datacenter, the game keeps running... so it depends on what the admins/staff decide to do.

Hannes-Erich

Sorceror

On connection lost by the datacenter, the game keeps running...

Who owns the datacenter? Do they provide free hosting for RunUO? If RunUO's team are paying customers, I sympathize with them.

Tala

Wanderer

Cronus-demise;228814 said:
This was not a crash, per se. The datacenter that hosts the server itself is doing some maintenance. At this point we aren't sure whether or not there will be a revert.
Don't they schedule that stuff beforehand though? Should we've known about this ahead of time? Am I just out of the loop or do they do it randomly and in secret?

Cronus

and his amazing friends

Tala;228825 said:
Don't they schedule that stuff beforehand though? Should we've known about this ahead of time? Am I just out of the loop or do they do it randomly and in secret?

There was bit of a misunderstanding as to when exactly it was happening. :/

[Drakull]

Knight

Tala;228825 said:

It depends: sometimes datacenters do scheduled maintenance tasks and inform the users, but sometimes they don't...

Hannes-Erich

Sorceror
Re: The Server is Down (Updated 1:09AM PST)

Expected maintenance duration: 2:00am - 4:00am CST (12:00AM-2:00AM PST)

Thanks for the information, Cronus! If you're around, awake and feel like it, please let us know when a decision is made by staff on whether there will be a server revert. For anyone who was standing in a dungeon with nice stuff in your pack, trust me, I feel your pain! :)

Tell that datacenter I better not ever find them wandering around Fel. Seriously though, thanks for a great shard. OSI might not crash etc, but the general community there sucks. I'll take the crashes and datacenter tomfoolery.

Status
Not open for further replies.