UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

This is a *Real* good idea. I'll help!

Zelse

Wanderer
This is a *Real* good idea. I'll help!

Well basically, I want to say that this is a GREAT idea. So many new players get abused to hell and back on this shard. We need to provide more help to the new players. I'm willing to answer questions people have on this forum and do what I can to help out. I hope that other more experienced players will, too. =)

Tanis-hybrid

Wanderer
while a good idea, the hardest part will be getting the players to come here

I think perhaps a custom UO-entrance screen or a "new player to Ultima online" option when u log in for first time... and if you are you get teleported to a spot w/ people(s) willing / able to help

Zelse

Wanderer
Well I'm currently interested in becoming like a seer for UOG or something like that, cause I feel that I could help the UOG community if I did, but yeah getting new players to come here is going to be a difficulty because not a whole lot of new players know about the forums. Perhaps linking them to the forums for the first week on each login (Kind of like how the staff tries to make us vote on the shard) I'm sure that a window linking new accounts to this site can be scripted, and would help.

Tanis said:
while a good idea, the hardest part will be getting the players to come here

I think perhaps a custom UO-entrance screen or a "new player to Ultima online" option when u log in for first time... and if you are you get teleported to a spot w/ people(s) willing / able to help

Or possibly changing the yellow message you get upon entering to direct questions here rather than www.uo.com, hehe.

Satch-hybrid

Wanderer
IMO what would be most helpful is a guild like NEW on siege where any noob could join for 30 days and receive all the help they needed. . . pk's left them alone because of the guild tag that said NEW, then after 30 days they were cut loose.

Dark_Konoko

Wanderer
The Virgin Mary said:
Well I'm currently interested in becoming like a seer for UOG or something like that, cause I feel that I could help the UOG community if I did

You dont need to be staff to help out the community... something many people fail to grasp. Just do your best to be a nice player, try to spare a little time whenever you see someone looking a little lost and generally just dont cause problems for the staff *grins*

- Konoko

Zelse

Wanderer
I know, I mean I do a lot for people, I helped pick various new people up and helped them get established, and since they have done very well, I just would feel that helping people with questions as a staff member would be a good way for me to interact with the community face to face and help the GM's do what they ahve to do.

Dark_Konoko

Wanderer
You may wish to consider filling out an application next time there is a recruitment drive then *smiles*. Although I am sorry to say I think it unlikely you would start off as a Seer. You tend to start off as a counciler and work your way up *grins*

One thing you should *not* do (this is no just aimed at The Virgin Mary, but everyone reading this) is pester the staff via pages and in IRC about becoming staff. That does not get you in anyones good books.

But yea, good luck for next recruitment drive then. A willingness to help people is always a good quality for a member of staff >_<

- Konoko