UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Tinkering Guide - Repost

kenth

Wanderer
Tinkering Guide - Repost

This guide is for Tinkering! To help you get from 0 - 100 in no time at all!

You will roughly need 50 Mining, This is to help get the ingots for all the items you need to make.

0-30. Buy your Tinkering from a Tinkerer, some are north of brittain bank.

30-45. Draw Knifes and Scorps will get good gains for this section, and also cost a low amount of ingots. In this time you can also make tinkers tools to help you make other items.

45-90 Just make lockpicks all the way. These cost 1 ingot and are good gains. You can also sell these for quite a bit.

90-100 From here on make anything with the skill requirement of about 50 - 60. Heating Stand's, Scales and Candelbras are good gains here!

After all this you should be GM! If your not, try turning your arrow for Tinkering to the "UP" Position and repeat steps.!

Sorry about the repost, I did not see this section! :eek:

Ozzie-demise

Wanderer
What exactly is the reason for getting GM tinkering, i've already seen it as pointless but is there a good reason to get it GM?

To make only GM tinker items.

Springs to mind, Juka Bows, Golems (if that is how you spell it) lol

Also deed Items.

Ice {RKn}

Wanderer
Don't need GM tinkering to do Juka bows. You only need to be able to make gears.

I don't think you need it for any of the deed items either (could be wrong though).

Ok well does anybody know why we need GM Tinkering??

As it sounds like 50 will be heaps. Altho at 53 I used 200 ingots to make like 5 shovels LOL

Garret

Sorceror
if somebody now training tinkery from 50 and if you have carpentry, pleace make a small crate in skill tinkering: 60, 70, 80 and 90
I'll buy =)

Semperatus

Wanderer
Tinkering with tinkers

GM Tinkered Boxes for lockpickers are not necessary.

A lockpicker with 50 skill only needs a 50 tinkered box which will take him to 75 lockpicking and an 87.5 tinkered box which will then take him to 95 Lockpicking.

As I recall you can start picking a GM box at about 84 skill but lockpicking won't go beyond 95 even with a GM box.

So if you have a GM tinker drop his skill to 87.5 and you can sell a lot of boxes for pickers.

I have yet to see a Tinkered golem on the shard are they even possible to make?

Doggone

Only at GM tinkering, you get 100% success on Potion kegs...(which can be a pain to make if you get all the parts made just to fail making potions kegs...)

so yeah, 100% tinkering is needed if you want to be a good crafters...

(like me..=-P)

real crafter must be Grandmaster of Tinkering as well as Legendary Blacksmith
trust me...
it is a matter of ... bah!... just because he is crafter. :D

vAlAkIvI

Page
Tithe points for Minax are at 0%, so you kill monsters all silver goes for you, it will stay this way for another extra week

A little suggestion for tinkers starting from 30.
Instead of making scorps or draw knives to get you to 45, you can also make jointing planes, molding planes or smoothing planes. They only take 4 wood, so you don't waste ingots (which is good if you're also a Blacksmith like me), and as far as I can tell it makes no difference in the gains, even though scorps are way harder to make than jointing planes.

Draven165

Wanderer
I made lockpicks from like 50-100

I had read that tinkering gave gains not matter what you made. So i tried it, and well yeah! It took 4 hours making only lockpicks once i was able to make them (not sure what skill was needed for them) But from that point on thats all i made. 1 Ingot each and got GM in 4 hours. I had also read that maybe in the future there would be added material for tinkerers, so why not GM now and use the new material if and when it arrives :D ! Thats just my opinion, but the article about making anything was on Stratics.

Draven

comwiz72

Wanderer
Make blacksmith tongs!!!

They are the best as only cost 1 ingot, and I raised up to 85 on just tongs alone.

+ they sell for 7 each so...

buy one ingot from vendor for 5 gold

make a tong

sell for 7 gold

rinse and repeat no extra tools needed (except tinkers tools u can make one of them every time u get low)

Then from 85 make smith hammers to gm

Worked for me!

Gurnarok

Wanderer
Re: Tinkering Guide - Repost

What NPC buys heating stands? I tryed to sell them to the tinker in brittain, but she didn't want to buy them :/

Hrnac

Wanderer
Re: Tinkering Guide - Repost

Gurnarok;274827 said:
What NPC buys heating stands? I tryed to sell them to the tinker in brittain, but she didn't want to buy them :/

Try selling them to Mages and see if that works.

-Hrnac