UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Too many R.P.K.s... ones that attack anything they see.

pauly

Wanderer
Re: Too many R.P.K.s... ones that attack anything they see.

btw guys don't forget to look on the other side of the offense when discussing PKs. I've been a PK since I started here. Sometimes I'll be newly res with 15hp, obviously nothing on me and a random blue will ebolt m or even better a blue will ask me to duel then gate to a trap w/ his pet. What I'm getting at is that grief playing and immature behavior have nothing to do with whether someone is red or blue Also, logically speaking a true grief player is more likely to stay blue because that makes his job easier.

Effex

Sorceror

Although your analysis stands strong, LeKurts, you cannot use real life and in-game comparisons of what the social structure[ is.

Simply because people do not act the same when they play video games as compared to how they would act in the real world.

Sure there are exceptions as to the subtle things that people do, which can be related (for the most part) to how certain people are in real life.. Things like how they talk (even more so on vent, obviously) their attitudes, for the most part, unless ofcourse they are "roleplaying"

But real life social structures, or behaivours, or any types of those analogy's cannot be compared to a video game because it would be the same as saying that people who kill in-game are also prone to kill in real life, which is just silly.

There are many people who i've either known irl or talked in vent, or had in guilds over the years of MMO's, that would act like assholes to people alot of the times, but be completely cool people in-game.. You can phsyoanalyze that too and say that they were "steaming off" or have hidden anger that they take outn n video games, but thats just not the case cause alot of these guys i knew led very healthy, productive, non-violent, almost non-stressful lives, in the end, its Just a video game, and its human nature to change the way you act to random internet entities that you would meet.

Now the only exception is the people who form friends in-game, and then end up fucking them over in either virtual items, or backstabing them, or any other assorted way of fucking someone over, thats where the line is crossed and peoples true self are shined through monitors and computers everywhere.

Darc

Wanderer

pauly said:
What I'm getting at is that grief playing and immature behavior have nothing to do with whether someone is red or blue

Agree. UO would have been a better game in all of it's incarnations- if they would have made a system that allowed risk vs. reward; while still discouraging griefing- instead of just going straight to trammel. It's like they never tried to find the balance for UO; no one has tried. It's either stomping grounds for teenagers; or martha stewart's living for trammies.

Both incarnations are terrible games IMHO.

pauly said:
Also, logically speaking a true grief player is more likely to stay blue because that makes his job easier.

Disagree.

LeKurtz

Wanderer

Yes, it is just a video game, but why should it allow so much room for every kid hiding behind a computer to come here and be something that they dont have the courage to be in real life? Honestly i don´t see any good in just fucking up someone you don´t even know just because it makes some kids feel important or whatever.. In the end wtf do they got? Computer game pvp skill and a fast computer?

The fact is that after 5 months playing hybrid I feel that it´s slowing turning me into a worse person IRL. I live in a 3-million people city, it is very chaotic, I do deal with idiots everyday out there, but i never seen anything that compares to what i see here.

But anyway, I´m not blaming the players, what I´m trying to say is that there may be some structural problem here... If you make a road and 1 or 2 cars end up crashing at the same place, you can think that they were bad drivers, or they were drunk, or it was an accident... But if the majority ends getting out of their way, you have to start questioning if there isn´t something wrong with your road? I´m just wondering how many decent players have quit this shard because of the trendy idiot hide-behind-the-screen attitude here, and if I´m gonna be the next idiot or just the next one to quit

a spider

Wanderer

I think what it boils down to is for some reason, some people can play uo a month and become really good really quick. other people play for years and cant pvp at all what so ever(yet they still wanna play figure that). now what keeps these people playing a game that they are so horrible at i dont know. whats even worse is what they become. when im red i still like to go into town for some fun(usually in dellucca). now as i stand alone at the bank a number of blues will gather around but won't attack untill the gank begins. soon as they see the gank they join in, even though they have no pvp skills and usually do nothing to aid the gank. everyone whos red knows these types(since these types of pussys make up like 85% of the playerbase). yesterday i got away from the gank and came back to look for anyone who was still grey. a guy named "a horse" who i always see attacking reds in ganks and running one vs one was still flagged to me. He tried to para me and run and hide over and over i finally got into another fight looking for him. Those types of blues are more cowardly and make the shard a shitty place more then any pk could. pks at least have the balls to be red in the first place. and thats my whole problem with pvp here. all the skilled duelers that hang at the duelpits cant really kill chuggers, they are designed to spam disrupt to win mage duels( but a cure pot throws all the worth of disrupt skills out the window in the field). all the field pvp other then people like me who go out red looking for one vs ones are ganks. factions are a fuckin joke rofl might as well be called "if you like to gank with kiross client" instead of factions. then u got the pks that only go out in groups of ten and won't even log on unless they are with thier guild.
now alot of these blues that i mentioned also make reds who act similar, these are the reds that patrol brit gy in groups looking for some newb hitting a zombie to pk and res kill repeatedly. this is the same newb that makes thiefs to steal off other thiefs and/or only steal off reds exclusively.

bottom line is alot of these blues are haters and would be far more cowardly and more of a shitbag then they already are if they actually had pvp skills. so for all your wierd assholes that think there is something morally wrong with people irl who are red(they really cant tell its just a game) and always act like some wierd asshole euro roleplayer with fuckin names like gandalf n shit, talking some fuckin childish bs about getting the red yet wont attack unless its a gank.you are the very pussies that got osi to do away with uor and create dexer friendly mainstream aos.

oh yeah ten shitty blue pvpers chasing down one red!!! people who play this way shouldnt be playing at all and should be banned by staff for ruining the shard with thier horrible waste of existing and spending there time playing uo.
(if you have to play this way why play why not make swords or boil rice or something?)
so what does that leave for the person looking for good one vs ones? nothing. you either get to fight total newbs that u kill as they run from you calling guards cuz they are so friggin fuckin stupid they stiill either cant read english or understand the concept that reds can go into town. you get every newb that thinks they are good cuz they joined factions and have 0 points but can precast offscreen and gank you with there moms bf on there networked computers. or you can try your hand at "five skills harm and magic arrow dueling"where people do the same dump over and over (explo, poison, harm harm, lightning or explo poison ma ma lightning) till they get some godly explosion that does 51 or a harm that does 40 lol. if someone knows what you need to be to get some good field one vs ones let me know. this is what ive gathered in three weeks here.

mage duels = harm spam and magic arrow spam (didnt remember that in uor)
(he who pings the lowest and harms the fastest wins!)
factions = join this to show off your third party programs and ganking skills
being red = every pussy thats a pussy will wait for the gank to get a shot in
chaos/order = this i havent tried here

flaging grey = best method ive found to get forced one vs one if u can find
them after the gank fails. detect hidden is a good skill for
this shard, it should be a free skill that everyone is instant gm at, tis only fair considering the number of pussys on this shard that flag and run.

dont get me wrong I LIKE THE SHARD despite all this bitching, i just dont like the way the main population is made up of pussys. and the lack of good one vs one pvp. and on a last note when i duel, i harm and magic arrow spam too and kill people that way, but something is over done about it and i dont feel so "skilled" after killing people in duels due ot the random spell damage and the godly power of harm. i harmed some guy for one point last night wtf ???? sadly alot of the people that need to know this about themselfs cant read it :<

Darc said:
Random PKs... Meh. I've been doing taming lately. And I only carry like 10-20 of each reg; a harp; and some band aids- but that doesn't stop any PKs from killing my naked tamer- even if I tell them how little loot I have.

Since playing on this server starting last week. I have only twice reasoned a PK out of a worthless count over shitty loot. One actually snooped me in order to verify that all I had on me were shovels at the time. God bless him. The other one decided to let me go after saying that I am just trying to tame and am not bothering anybody.

Oh and my neighbor is a role playing pirate PK who only fights at sea and after some words; nice fellow.

2 PKs have actually bothered to rez me after spamming oOo. They didn't get counts because they did the right thing after the kill.

I'm all for PvP; but the gankfests and the killing unarmed tamers/miners/etc.- it's just annoying. People don't deserve to have other people here for their own personal amusement. It's supposed to be a two way street, and it ain't. I just don't remember it being this bad; the people being this rude- on the OSI shards which I quit shortly after trammel came out.

Im thinking about starting to carry checks as bribes. They don't get them unless I give them to them right? Most of them would pry still kill me afterwards anyhow- but no repeat business with them then.

Perhaps when I get this taming farmer up and running; I'll just carry 10K checks as my "fuck off" money for all these stupid PKs. And if they PK me; they never get a check again; just the shitty loot i'll be carrying that isn't even worth 500 gold. what a bunch of dumb asses.

Owned noob. Next time you get killed, don't come to the forums to cry about it.

That goes for everyone else who cried in this thread about pks also.

I would like to say that GAY and me personally are proud of griefing Darc into a creating a 200 post bitch thread. Darc here is some serious advice: UO is a game of grief, get used to it and you will have alot more fun.

Darc

Wanderer

unrequited love said:
UO is a game of grief, get used to it and you will have alot more fun.

You're an idiot. It's not a game of grief. It was supposed to be a role playing game; granted that didn't happen- it was never supposed to be taken over by stupid teenagers. This shard is possibly one of the worst incarnations of UO i have ever seen. The only thing it has going for it is bodies.

that dood

Wanderer

Darc said:
You're an idiot. It's not a game of grief. It was supposed to be a role playing game; granted that didn't happen- it was never supposed to be taken over by stupid teenagers. This shard is possibly one of the worst incarnations of UO i have ever seen. The only thing it has going for it is bodies.

Ok, so if this is "the worst shard ever" then why do you persist in staying. For fuck's sake leave. In all my life, I have never seen anyone bitch and moan as much as you. You have 74 post's as of me typing this and I have yet to see anything useful come from you. Im not trying to be a pric, but seriously, think about what I said and stop acting like a god damn woman.

Van Dam

Sorceror

LeKurtz said:
Yes, it is just a video game, but why should it allow so much room for every kid hiding behind a computer to come here and be something that they dont have the courage to be in real life? Honestly i don´t see any good in just fucking up someone you don´t even know just because it makes some kids feel important or whatever.. In the end wtf do they got? Computer game pvp skill and a fast computer?

The fact is that after 5 months playing hybrid I feel that it´s slowing turning me into a worse person IRL. I live in a 3-million people city, it is very chaotic, I do deal with idiots everyday out there, but i never seen anything that compares to what i see here.

But anyway, I´m not blaming the players, what I´m trying to say is that there may be some structural problem here... If you make a road and 1 or 2 cars end up crashing at the same place, you can think that they were bad drivers, or they were drunk, or it was an accident... But if the majority ends getting out of their way, you have to start questioning if there isn´t something wrong with your road? I´m just wondering how many decent players have quit this shard because of the trendy idiot hide-behind-the-screen attitude here, and if I´m gonna be the next idiot or just the next one to quit
rofl you are retarded why would you play a video game to MINE AS MANY INGOTS AS YOU POSSIBLE CAN IN 3 YEARS or fight people? dumbass

pauly

Wanderer

Please, let's stop the hate. There's just as many immature punks who are blue as there is red. Only difference is after the red ones gank you, they'll sit by for a bit talking smack. The blues won't do that only because they're in fear of more incoming reds. The only way I see statloss being reasonable is if short term counts only get added on when you kill a player with less than 600 skill points. Also if any type of statloss is implemented, all reds should get a one time reprieve to go blue. Because noone went red w/ statloss in mind and never being able to pk without consequences again.

P.S. I also don't think theres even one good reason for statloss. When I'm at delucia or bucs and there's blues/reds running around, i kid you not %75 of the time the reds will try to gank me first. As if to say let me eliminate the looting opponent after I'm done with the blue.

Darc said:
Random PKs... Meh. I've been doing taming lately. And I only carry like 10-20 of each reg; a harp; and some band aids- but that doesn't stop any PKs from killing my naked tamer- even if I tell them how little loot I have.

Since playing on this server starting last week. I have only twice reasoned a PK out of a worthless count over shitty loot. One actually snooped me in order to verify that all I had on me were shovels at the time. God bless him. The other one decided to let me go after saying that I am just trying to tame and am not bothering anybody.

Oh and my neighbor is a role playing pirate PK who only fights at sea and after some words; nice fellow.

2 PKs have actually bothered to rez me after spamming oOo. They didn't get counts because they did the right thing after the kill.

I'm all for PvP; but the gankfests and the killing unarmed tamers/miners/etc.- it's just annoying. People don't deserve to have other people here for their own personal amusement. It's supposed to be a two way street, and it ain't. I just don't remember it being this bad; the people being this rude- on the OSI shards which I quit shortly after trammel came out.

Im thinking about starting to carry checks as bribes. They don't get them unless I give them to them right? Most of them would pry still kill me afterwards anyhow- but no repeat business with them then.

Perhaps when I get this taming farmer up and running; I'll just carry 10K checks as my "fuck off" money for all these stupid PKs. And if they PK me; they never get a check again; just the shitty loot i'll be carrying that isn't even worth 500 gold. what a bunch of dumb asses.
HEHE! yw for the res.

LeKurtz

Wanderer

Van Dam said:
rofl you are retarded why would you play a video game to MINE AS MANY INGOTS AS YOU POSSIBLE CAN IN 3 YEARS or fight people? dumbass

First of all, keep hiding behind the screen bitch, that just proves you aren´t man enough to stand up for yourself at somebody´s face because if you were you wouldnt be trying to do it on the internet for no reason. You are a failure just like Van dame the acting fighter wannabe.

Second, the problem isn´t with mining, I haven´t used my miner since i got my first gold in the shard, but you can see that everybody is complaining that the shard, even having maybe the best pvp rules ever, happens to have a pvp that sucks. If you can´t see how this relates to the large number of assholes in the shard, you either lack a brain or the ability to use it.

Third, you did have a small point, I do play sometimes just to Trammy around and chat with my girl. But if I like to do that it´s my problem, not yours. Go troll someone else while hiding at your room. Life´s a rollercoaster, dont forget that when you spit downwards, soon you´re the next one to pass down ok? and maybe tomorrow you won´t have your monitor to hide your face from someones random fist wich I honestly hope that will happen soon.

XIQJX

Wanderer

LeKurtz said:
First of all, keep hiding behind the screen bitch, that just proves you aren´t man enough to stand up for yourself at somebody´s face because if you were you wouldnt be trying to do it on the internet for no reason. You are a failure just like Van dame the acting fighter wannabe.

Second, the problem isn´t with mining, I haven´t used my miner since i got my first gold in the shard, but you can see that everybody is complaining that the shard, even having maybe the best pvp rules ever, happens to have a pvp that sucks. If you can´t see how this relates to the large number of assholes in the shard, you either lack a brain or the ability to use it.

Third, you did have a small point, I do play sometimes just to Trammy around and chat with my girl. But if I like to do that it´s my problem, not yours. Go troll someone else while hiding at your room. Life´s a spinning wheel, dont forget that when you spit downwards, you´re the next one to pass down ok? and maybe tomorrow you won´t have your monitor to hide your face from someones random fist wich I honestly hope that will happen soon.

Gtfo you hypocritical moron. Also, Van Dam the "acting fighter wannabe" probably has more money then you will see in your entire life.

pauly

Wanderer

LeKurtz, relax man. Kids will be kids. Let them have their "fun".
^^

LeKurtz

Wanderer

IQJ said:
Gtfo you hypocritical moron. Also, Van Dam the "acting fighter wannabe" probably has more money then you will see in your entire life.

Ok so I´ll write the whole sentence so not to be labeled a hipocrite. When I say "hiding behind the screen", I actually meant "Hiding behind the screen while fuckin up with random people" now you understand it dumb ass? I see you been using the word hypocrite other times lately is it a new word to you?

Second, Van Damme may be rich but at least I´m taller than 1,60m. And maybe one day you can be rich like him and buy yourself a mind or better yet a life, tough i hardly doubt those are for sale, good luck.

LeKurtz

Wanderer

Thanks pauly. It´s no use arguing here, I wont lose my peaceful state anymore because of the idiots. Sorry.