UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Totally lost

Re: Totally lost

Part of the fun for new players is actually being lost and not knowing anything, then discovering things one step at a time. God, I'd give anything to have that feeling back like I did the first day I started UO years ago. Soooo fun. :)

Countessa

Knight

For repeated tasks like this, try setting a razor macro.
Under the macros tab, record dbl clicking the pickaxe, then target the cave floor. Stop the macro.
Now you edit. Click the line for dbl click pickax to highlight then right click - edit to use item by type. This means you can use any pickaxe, not only the one you used for the macro.
The line that says absolute target - do the same but change to target by location. This will tell the macro to target a spot in relation to where your character stands.
Add pauses through the same manner as needed.
Finally, set a hot key for the macro. Now you can mine by clicking one key.
Dont loop it for afk mining. Gathering resources afk is illegal.

ControlKill

Wanderer

Countessa;1712015 said:
For repeated tasks like this, try setting a razor macro.
Under the macros tab, record dbl clicking the pickaxe, then target the cave floor. Stop the macro.
Now you edit. Click the line for dbl click pickax to highlight then right click - edit to use item by type. This means you can use any pickaxe, not only the one you used for the macro.
The line that says absolute target - do the same but change to target by location. This will tell the macro to target a spot in relation to where your character stands.
Add pauses through the same manner as needed.
Finally, set a hot key for the macro. Now you can mine by clicking one key.
Dont loop it for afk mining. Gathering resources afk is illegal.

Thanks :) Oh btw how do I make weapons and armor with ingots?

Countessa

Knight

Weapons and armor are made with the blacksmithy skill. To access the blacksmithy crafting gump, you will need a smith's hammer or tongs. These can be bought from a tinker. You will need to use the hammer/tongs while standing by a forge and anvil. You can find these iterms outside the smith shop in upper brit on the way to the graveyard. With ingots in your pack, double click the tongs/smith's hammer. A gump pops open.

Like all craft menus, items are grouped on the left side. Picking a selection on the left opens the right side of the gump with individual items.
Each item has a tab before and after its entry. The tab before the item will check that you have the required materials and skill, and attempt to craft the item. If you are successful, the item will appear in your backpack. The tabs after the items listed open to a second page with details on that item; min skill required to create the item, resources needed, etc.

To gain skill, craft items that are within your skill level to create (minimum skill) but still present a challenge (less than 100% success chance to craft).

At the bottom of the Smithy gump is an option for choosing different ore or dragon scale types. The make last tab will attempt to craft the last item picked.

ControlKill

Wanderer

Countessa;1712051 said:
Weapons and armor are made with the blacksmithy skill. To access the blacksmithy crafting gump, you will need a smith's hammer or tongs. These can be bought from a tinker. You will need to use the hammer/tongs while standing by a forge and anvil. You can find these iterms outside the smith shop in upper brit on the way to the graveyard. With ingots in your pack, double click the tongs/smith's hammer. A gump pops open.

Like all craft menus, items are grouped on the left side. Picking a selection on the left opens the right side of the gump with individual items.
Each item has a tab before and after its entry. The tab before the item will check that you have the required materials and skill, and attempt to craft the item. If you are successful, the item will appear in your backpack. The tabs after the items listed open to a second page with details on that item; min skill required to create the item, resources needed, etc.

To gain skill, craft items that are within your skill level to create (minimum skill) but still present a challenge (less than 100% success chance to craft).

At the bottom of the Smithy gump is an option for choosing different ore or dragon scale types. The make last tab will attempt to craft the last item picked.

How do I actually edit the macro because I can't find an option to edit it.
Oh and thank you I can now make armors and weapons, its so fun :D

Suriv

Sorceror

Testament;1711950 said:
Part of the fun for new players is actually being lost and not knowing anything, then discovering things one step at a time. God, I'd give anything to have that feeling back like I did the first day I started UO years ago. Soooo fun. :)

This is so true. Before I learned about UOAM, boating was an adventure. Now it's a little less of an adventure, but I still boat for adventurous reasons, so it's not completely unfun.

Countessa

Knight

ControlKill;1712323 said:
How do I actually edit the macro because I can't find an option to edit it.
Oh and thank you I can now make armors and weapons, its so fun :D

Once the macro is recorded, and you stop the recording, you will be able to edit by right-clicking the various lines in the macro. For example, to add a pause in the macro you would right-click the line before the location for the pause, and pick special constructs from the menu that appears.
For more details and visual examples, see this guide