UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Tournament Postponed

M

Mark

Tournament Postponed

While tonights tournament was going on, Krrios and I uncovered a probable solution to the lag/crash issues that have been occuring at random intervals. We felt it was more prudent to solve these problems as fast as we could at the expense of ruining the tournament. We apologize. If things go as well as I hope, we will plan on having a tournament earlier tomorrow evening, without the interruptions.

As always, thank you for standing by us during these rough spots. We take pride in doing our best for you all.

would of been nice if u let it end...

there was umm like 12 people left in the tourney

11 more fights...

we had already went through over 100 fights

(this was since the first crash not counting the first tourney)

terathan33 said:
Cool, I know alot people are gonna flame you, but thanks for reschedualing the tourny. GL fixing the problem.

na only a few people went through round after round without dieing in a tourney that was advertised early today and on irc which 160 or so people joined with a $75 $50 and $25 prize

then got into the top 10ish

10 minutes to go in it and the server was taken down for a 'probable solution' to lag issues that couldnt of waited i guess for it to end

not everyone will be mad

M

Mark

We didn't take it down. Both of those were crashes. Instead of restarting the tourney for a 3rd time, we figured we would just wait until tomorrow and do our best to fix the problem.

none the less

the tourney was almost over

and u guys did something that would probably crash the server

i wish i could of got a warning or something i wouldnt of even entered if there was a chance of this happening

not a great time to try and fix problems when a scheduled event where 100s of people are at is going on i think...

on a side note i hope u guys figure it out and thank u for spending hours trying to do it

terathan33

Wanderer
I didn't die both tournies my freind, I made 3rd and fourth rounds. I don't think they intentionally crashed the server shit happens, try again tomorrow.

C

Cricket

Ah, so this explains the server down.

Luckily I wasn't in the tourny anyway...:>

~C

R

Ryan

Sir Elton John said:
none the less

i wish i could of got a warning or something i wouldnt of even entered if there was a chance of this happening

not a great time to try and fix problems when a scheduled event where 100s of people are at is going on i think...

on a side note i hope u guys figure it out and thank u for spending hours trying to do it
As this is my shard and I run it the way I see best, and do what benifits all players not just some players I had Mark make these changes.

The tournament was cancelled due to the fact that the push back in time made it impossible for a few players to continue.

Do not use a condesending tone when speaking to one of the developers that makes this shard the greatest. Being the largest shard out here really does pose some crazy problems such as what you see here. We are pushing Microsoft's .NET Framework to maximums that Microsoft Developers admit they never thought soemone would.

In the end what was being done, was being done under my direction. Therefore what was being done was right.

Tay M'real

Sorceror
Owned by the moderator

Terron

Knight
anything to make the shard better is a good thing. Seriously :) I don't mind crashes on a FREE service I'm using, whether I donated or not.

Betty-hybrid

Wanderer
It was 2am my time (GMT) when the tourney started. Got into the second round before first crash and 3rd round before 2nd crash then I logged at 4am. Was a huge waste of my time in all honesty as I had to be up early but it was kind of fun and hopefully you will run it again tonight.

Thanks

none the less

Shut your hole moron

Uncle Fu

Wanderer
possibly change the rules?

Maybe you should do it No DP...cuz everyone knows that a DP Dexer with 125 str is probably gonna win it all...dp is no skill so maybe you could keep that out of the tourny...

Betty-hybrid

Wanderer
Uncle Fu said:
Maybe you should do it No DP...cuz everyone knows that a DP Dexer with 125 str is probably gonna win it all...dp is no skill so maybe you could keep that out of the tourny...

Thats true, A lot of people lost in really lame ways last night due to that. DP weps with spells precast are not really worthy of 75$.

I say shut up and play by whatever the rules and quit crying about them. If a dexxer wins, they about FUCKING time, you damn greedy ass mages.