UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Tried coming back today....

jollyroger2011

Sorceror
Well im a huge fan of uo, and especially demise. i used to play all the time, you could say religiously. Ive been gone for a year or so, i tried coming back and of course i am plagued by horrible connection. i have gotten a new pc, changed homes and isp(comcast now), and still i have the worst connection to demise ive ever seen on any freeshard. im located in the US, ohio to be more exact. Anyway, so i jumped back on uo and at first my ping was between 40 and 50, then im visiting the doom sorceress and my pings spikes to over 120, and a minute later i freeze and disconnect, of course i died by the time it connected again.. so needless to say i have already given up on Demise and probably UO altogether once again.. if anyone has any solution to my problem that would be great. everytime i play it seems laggy, stuttery almost. i have a fine PC, fine internet connection. i use razor and the official classic client with win 7. please help me out. i just want to play and no matter what i do the game lags

Ortiz

Sorceror
Thats weird... what part of ohio are you in? I also play from ohio and I ping between 20-45 pretty regularly.

otimpyre

Sorceror
If you don't have any problems watching videos, playing other MMOs or online games, have a nice computer without any other problems. I imagine it is some unseen problem on your end with UO, uosteam, ect.,.... I am in Georgia run 4 clients 24/7 np =( On my old computer with xp and my smoking fast internet connection I still had problems with lag. So I upgraded everything. Hopefully a tech savy player can help you pin this down.

jollyroger2011

Sorceror
Thanks for the help fellas, thats what i was actually hoping was that it wasnt the game and maybe its fixable. I live in the lower right of ohio, and yes videos and other mmos play fine. it just seems to be uo. i ping today around 80-120. its very frustrating and incredibly hard to play. ill try uosteam and get back to you. currently ive got it running in windows xp service pack(no noticeable difference), i have desktop comp and visual themes disabled while running the classic client. ive even tried putting just the client on its own processor and it doesnt seem to help me out. Now by no means do i have a gaming pc, but i do run counter strike and wow just fine with no lag, so im confused with the inability to run ultima stabily.

also, my connection seems ok, i can stream videos and my download speeds are 2mbs

jollyroger2011

Sorceror
what windows are you guys running? vista,7,8? also what setting are you using. maybe im not seeing something

downloaded uo steam, i got version 105, when i try to update it, says i have most recent version..but demise just disconnected me for not having an up to date assistant, this is the link demise provides me before it kicks me : http://www.runuo.com/products/assistuo

Last edited:

Ortiz

Sorceror
I run windows 8. I find that playing with the sound on lags me out sometimes. When I turn it off I play smoothly.

jollyroger2011

Sorceror
good tip, ok so steam is working, my avg is 59ms(with sound turned off in settings).. still stuttery, but to be honest its slightly smoother than razor, but still not very playable. so i shall continue to screw with settings

Last edited: