UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Trouble creating an account for Hybrid

hda007

Wanderer
Trouble creating an account for Hybrid

I am trying to register an account on my computer through UOGateway using Hybrid, but it continues to tell me "There is some problem communicating with Origin. Please restart Ultima Online and try again."

I've done this. I've tried various account names. I've even had friends log in, and it works fine for them. I'm also able to log into the Oblivion shard. But I cannot register with Hybrid. Any suggestions?

-a troubled player

Kid Chaos

Wanderer
Re: Trouble creating an account for Hybrid

Most likely if you are able to log in with other user accounts then you probably have all of your 3 accounts assigned to that IP

Dream Theater

Sorceror

Kid Chaos said:
Most likely if you are able to log in with other user accounts then you probably have all of your 3 accounts assigned to that IP

i agree with that comment, i use uogateway sometimes with hybrid and it works fine, try razor anyway :/

hda007

Wanderer

I've tried using Razor and that doesn't help. The only account I have right now is for Oblivion, so it wouldn't make any sense that my accounts are used up.

I tried making one for Hybrid before Oblivion. The only reason I attempted the Oblivion shard was to see if I could register at all, wondering if it was a connection or computer error. So that was ruled out considering I could register for Oblivion.

Any other suggestions? Or maybe a re-direct to where I might be able to get more information for troubleshooting this? What I feared was that perhaps Hybrid wasn't accepting any new accounts. What do you suppose the odds are of that?

hda007

Wanderer

Kid Chaos said:

I logged in with those other accounts on my laptop which was having the same problem. I'm now on my NEW pc and geeked to get on Hybrid....but I'm getting the same exact error. I can't seem to figure out what the trouble is.

I dunno if that is the error you get for this but are you using the 3D client?

You cannt connect to hybrid with it.

hda007

Wanderer

djstepanek said:
I dunno if that is the error you get for this but are you using the 3D client?

You cannt connect to hybrid with it.

No, I'm using the 2D client.

3D? Pshh.. ^.^' gotta stay oldskool

hda007

Wanderer

djstepanek said:
Just to make sure on razor settings. If thats not it, I dunno ;/

Yup that's what I'v got, still no go though >.<; Thank you for your help. Any other ideas on what I should do or who I should contact for further investigation?

Or would it be possible to contact a GM to make an account for me? I can give them a temporary user name and password.

hda007

Wanderer

estevan306686 said:
yeah im tryin to create a new account and it gives me the same message

good to know I'm not alone ^_^
Is it the same thing? Do you have other accounts and just can't make a new one on Hybrid?

hda007 said:
good to know I'm not alone ^_^
Is it the same thing? Do you have other accounts and just can't make a new one on Hybrid?

yeah i can log onto my other accounts just fine but i cant make a new one

I had the same thing. I was planning to have five characters on five different accounts so that I could train them all up at the same time, but it wouldn't let me create the fifth one so I just assumed that there was a cap of 4 accounts per ip.

hda007

Wanderer

Bashing Bash UK said:
I had the same thing. ...so I just assumed that there was a cap of 4 accounts per ip.

Makes me wonder just how many people are having this problem.

It might not even be a problem as such. The admins might have put a limit on accounts per ip on purpose to stop people who horde veteran rewards, bods and stuff.

hda007

Wanderer

Then maybe there's a way to get their attention to do some cleaning. Clearing out inactive accounts should supply at least another 5% space for new accounts to be made. They have a ~4500 max....there has to be a few that have been stagnant for a while.

Is there some way to contact the Admins on Hybrid to see if perhaps this is indeed the trouble?

Wait... Are you saying you don't have any accounts and you're still trying to make you're first one, or that you do already have accounts and you can't make a new one?

hda007

Wanderer

I have an account with the Oblivion shard but not Hybrid. I want to be able to log into Hybrid.

When I had this problem related to Hybrid on my laptop I registered with my friend's account just to see if it was my computer or the connection, but he could log into his account fine, but when I continued to attempt it, I got the error I posted at the beginning of this thread. This problem has only occured with Hybrid.

So when I got my new computer a few days ago I figured that problem couldn't re-occur. But it sure did. I can't seem to make an account for Hybrid. I can get into Oblivion on both computers and my friends can sign into Hybrid without trouble (they registered a month or so ago), but for whatever reason I can't make a new account.

(I've been the only one attempting to create an account for Hybrid on this computer just to make sure it doesn't register my friends to this IP address)