UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

True Brit Guard Camps.

TheMage

Sorceror
True Brit Guard Camps.

This little trick of locking the guards around the sigils may not be new... I just joined the council of mages and its my first time with any faction... I was kind of stoked to try it. Nobody in factions, first of all... :( but second, I was heavily discouraged when i saw all these paladins penned in by vendors... I imagine others would be too.

Perhaps something should be done about this?

[Drakull]

Knight
Re: True Brit Guard Camps.

Man... it's so easy to "defeat" the trick with the guards...
Just as easy as stealing the sigils even if they are surrounded by the guards + vendors.

In fact, what the hell... here is how to say "go to hell" to the guards trick without having to even kill them.

1) Log in your faction char (thief).
2) Mark a rune in a safe place for your char.
3) Log in a second char (not in factions).
4) Take that rune and go to the sigil.
5) Get inside the "vendors barrier".
6) Get inside the paladins barrier (they won't attack you, as you are not criminal, either in factions).
7) Open a gate to the rune where your other char waits patiently.
8) Hide/invis the thief before entering the gate
0) Steal the sigil and fastly run outside of the barrier. You need to be fast with this. Remember: you need to be full of stamina when doing this to make sure you can go through the first vendor and, that way, then run away from the barrier.

You are welcome...
;)

Chinelo

Wanderer

Pbguy434 said:
Ya really, its by no means a new tactic.

And Factions are dead anyway.

Well I think we can change it, but ppl prefer to attack and hide in houses.

Lyra

Wanderer

I believe that if someone attacks you he has to wait like half a minute before he can enter his house - use that time to kill him.

Chinelo

Wanderer

Half a minute is a small time to kill a guy who hit and run, run, run, run...until 30sec has passed and he can get into your warm house again.

Lyra

Wanderer

It's 30 seconds out of combat - so if you keep attacking him he can not hide for much longer time.

Chinelo

Wanderer

Ganking we can down any guy easily, but at 1v1 it becomes more hard coz when I cast a spell i become frozen and the target still running :(

waiting around moon gates and doing "house" fighting to me is pretty lame. If others deem that to be fun and "warfare" I feel sorry for them. Crap, take that char of yours and shop/bank and drink a few in the taverns. Get out and about. Now that takes a bit more guts. Yea you might get ganked but then again how many times and for how long do you see any in "numbers" running around to try and "gank"? And if you are grouped up, much more fun going and hunting the lone or few enemys that might be out and about. I personally think fighting in towns is a freakin blast. lol.

Seen wher someone was saying factions is dead. Nope I don't agree. But if all peeps are going to do is be around the freakin moon gates or chasing folks into a housle, yea it will get pretty boring and will die out. Faction war is what the players make it. TB's didn't have CoM's sigal day befor yesterday lol, so its not totally dead yet.

Chinelo

Wanderer

I think the problem of the faction is the huge time we must wait for trying another fight. 20minutes of skill loss is very much.

xaxas

Wanderer

Astarac said:
I think the problem of the faction is the huge time we must wait for trying another fight. 20minutes of skill loss is very much.
It was meant to avoid ppl immediatly re-entering into battle during faction wars. And then again its not that much. Still, if you ask me i'd move all the PvP from britain gate to Buccaneer's den gate. No damn guard zones, no houses, nowhere to run, nowhere to hide :D . Now we keep seeing 1-2-5 revealers staying in the guarded zone together with some blues and just waiting for a red/grey to appear or to be revealed so they can alltogether jump on him and be proud afterwards. And I play a stelather and I keep seeing some blues staying in the GZ spamming "guards" and revealing all around. And yes, if they were at buc den gate they'd be dead on the second second from their appearance. Thats why I prefer the action to be moved there but, ya know, most ppl dont have the guts to do it.

pbguy434

Knight

Yup, tons of people rely on that oh so precious guardzone of thiers.

I do fully approve of the detectors though, I usually do set mine up.

xaxas

Wanderer

Pbguy434 said:
Yup, tons of people rely on that oh so precious guardzone of thiers.

I do fully approve of the detectors though, I usually do set mine up.

Nothing against this if you set it OUTSIDE the GZ so that i can get rid of it without being guardwhacked

TheMage

Sorceror
Re: little trick

Ok this little gate trick might let one STEAL the sigil, but how do you put it back on when you corrupt it?? I really doubt that this is what the devs had in mind when they came up with the faction system... 900 guards all ontop of each other penned in by ore vendors. Seems like they should be wandering the town with maybe GM detect hidden... so then the thief would have to move around and avoid them... but then they'd have to fix the passive detect problem... way to go "OSI CLONE"

While im griping i must also ask... aren't you supposed to be able to cast any spell in town or at least fel towns after you joined a faction?? I thought I read that on stratics...

anyway. i can see why nobody plays the factions. :rolleyes:

Our guild went out last night and we killed two enemys as well as killing all the guards that were walking, not once but twise. Control of the towns has changed at least three times now in as many weeks, first the TB's had em all then CoM, and last night Minax had most of em. Some of you keep yaking about how dead factions is and that nobody is doing it....think so? So where you peeps hiding at? sheesh....stop bitch'n and get into it. :D

automata

Wanderer

If OSI would simply program in a rule that would prevent faction guards from being placed within ten tiles of faction merchants this "guard trick" would no longer be a problem.