UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UO Gamers/RunUO ask for your pixel crack to help Tsunami Victims!

R

Ryan

UO Gamers/RunUO ask for your pixel crack to help Tsunami Victims!

I'm sure by now, most of you have heard about CrazyJoe.

All of us here have a common link, Ultima Online. Everything in Ultima Online has some sort of value to us, be it an emotional attachment to the first GM Bow you've ever made or that hoarde of 100 million gold most of you out there are sitting on. Now, with eBay making it easy to sell Gold Online, one ambitious man has taken it upon himself to gather Ultima Online gold, and dispurse it on eBay and in turn donate all of the real money to the Red Cross for the Tsunami Victims.

We all know by now the devistation the Tsunami's have left accross the world, and nearly every country has felt some sort of effect from this. I implore you, beg of you and plead with you to find it in yourself to re-activate your UO Accounts for a month for those of you who have quit and donate everything you have to CrazyJoe. The Tsunami tragedy dwarfs what we felt with 9/11 with the death toll rising quickly over 100,000 people and heading toward 200,000.

CrazyJoe has been featured on MSNBC, Slashdot and is an Admin of http://uo.stratics.com. His efforts are documented and he is a very honest individual. I cannot stress enough the importance of supplying some sort of aide to the victims of the Tsunamis. I personally have taken the time to donate through the Red Cross on behalf of the RunUO team for 500.00.

Here is his 'campaign' image, and I encourage all of you to share this with your shards, friends and everyone you know:

You can find his site at http://www.crazyjoe.us and the direct forum discussion is located at http://www.crazyjoe.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=675

Again, I implore you to donate to this cause via Ultima Online. ALL OF US can do that, no one is asking for your real life money, just give up some of the pixel crack for the good of humanity.

Many people play the MMORPG Ultima Online, and I happen to be one of them. There has always been real life value added to the items in game due to markets such as Ebay, and now, with a bit of organization by one of the more vocal players of the game Crazy Joe, Admin for uo.stratics.com , a fundraiser has been started that will actually turn in-game goods into relief funds for victims of the massive tsunami that dessimated 10 countries last week, and killed over 100 thousand people.

AnBuSasuke

Wanderer
its times like these that really piss me off...i forgot my osi name and pass i had about 8 mill + super rares on my osi account that i would donate :(

I'd really like to slap myself. Due to my stupidity of using the same username/password as a dozen other UOGateway shards it lead to me losing every little thing I had, and all of my characters being deleted. So, sadly, I have nothing. :(

Lord Omsorg

Wanderer
i like the item/gold donation idea... but then i donated 10€ directly to the red cross, and maybe a few of u can do the same... cmon, 10 bucks is what, one and a half drinks (yes i am a barfly) ?

Roman

Sorceror
Dont donate to The red cross...didnt you see how they scammed our nation after 9/11??
There are other charities that do more direct work with these effected nations...just do some research.

GeoX

Sorceror
dayum post deleted. staff are mean today. anyways, how'd red cross scam people :eek:. yeah i feel sorry for the people who died for the tsunami. but in reality its one of those things where you dont know the people, and you can't really feel sad unless u try hard enough..

there...go ahead......delete another one of my posts..

Hazeem

Wanderer
GeoX said:
dayum post deleted. staff are mean today. anyways, how'd red cross scam people :eek:. yeah i feel sorry for the people who died for the tsunami. but in reality its one of those things where you dont know the people, and you can't really feel sad unless u try hard enough..

there...go ahead......delete another one of my posts..

i would say something, but your not old enough yet :(

this is a great idea, my account will finally do some good.

jrd24

Wanderer
Well said Ryan, I praise you for putting up this post, a gentleman and a scholar!

Ryan how bout doing something here on UOGamers for those that don't have UO Accounts anymore? Perhaps the donation system can be put to use?

Oh and GeoX....quoting Hazeem...I would say something to you but you arent old enough to understand! .

jrd24

Wanderer
Not the place to argue about age...keep it to other forums so that it doesnt take away from what this forum is all about. Peace.

GeoX

Sorceror
jrd24 said:
Not the place to argue about age...keep it to other forums so that it doesnt take away from what this forum is all about. Peace.
good idea , i deleted the post. not worth getting banned for responding to a fool..

anyways, all my osi accounts were banned/deactivated and none of them had anything due to my lazyness to gain any skill at all.

It warms my heart.

Thanks for posting this. Knowing i can do something good with my UO gold, warms my heart near the point of tears. There are alot of devistated people in the world right now, and we UO geeks can help. Wow, MMORPGamers with the power to help save the world. Thanks again. *hugs*
DNA Thief

And Geox, If you dont feal a certain amount of love and compassion for people you dont know, keep your mouth shut, because you are barley human. And if you cant keep shut, drink alot of booze and piliot a small aircraft over an ocean.

thinkstomuch

Wanderer
k now that i'm in the right thread

being a noob as you all call us of only 100 days old i don't have much in the way of gold to donate but i plan i spending as much time as i posibly can hunting to get gold to help crazy joe out in getting funds for the relief as long as ryan and the other gms don't get anoyed with me messaging them every other day or so to come pick up the checks i'm currently averaging about 50k in 2 hours if i dedicate myself to it but with a cause in mind i can do it in full swing and get you guys about 200 to 300k every other day i will try messaging the gms as soon as the server is done being attacked to find out an easier way then spaming them to get the checks if you have any other ideas of items i might have that you guys can sell on ebay for this relief funds let me know and i'll be more then happy to hand them over to the gms to be sold.

phre4k

Wanderer
Too bad OSI didnt have another 15 days free uo that had all accounts that were not suspended for abuse reactivated.

I think more people would donate and that would help out alot more being not everyone can re sign up for uo just to access their bank once..

AsraZERO

Wanderer
i just keep wondering where the bill gates and the donald trumps of the world are in a time like this. ive donated what very little i could afford to the red cross already and i plan to send more their way if i can. but these guys are rollin in it and cant even find it in their wallets to give anything at all?