UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UO RNG has some serious issues

suiris

Sorceror
It just SUX. How come when having 96% chance to hit i miss 3 or even 4 times in a row? Or 4 paragons in a row with 5% chance? Or having 50% mana leech and not leeching for 14 consecutive hits?

upload_2016-7-9_6-47-45.png

I usually don't mind it's stupid RNG that much, but today the game hated me more than usual :(

jaasso

Knight
ive heard that the rng used in runuo is based on a system that results in streaks, dont know the details of it but certainly have noticed things that should be very improbable suspiciously often, in things you mentioned and crafting for example. i think it was prohunter who said thats how it works and im pretty sure he knows that stuff quite well

Akka

Sorceror
"lol i died to a fucking BALRON paragon (which used to be considered the endgame boss in Ultima games) so the game must stink."

Jesus fuck.

suiris

Sorceror
"lol i died to a fucking BALRON paragon (which used to be considered the endgame boss in Ultima games) so the game must stink."

Jesus fuck.
Why so offensive you finish junkie? No, I did not die to a Balron paragon. I wanted to say that things that are nearly impossible as a chance tend to happen in UO really often.
@kolbycrouch yes i have seen the loot, i do a lot of PVM and honestly it also feels broken. Spending 7-8 hours farming ML named monsters with 1074 + 1000 luck character and not having a single item worth keeping feels a bit wrong the least.

@TheWhitezone I do have 50% HLD on my weapon

zulu2401

Squire
Why so offensive you finish junkie? No, I did not die to a Balron paragon. I wanted to say that things that are nearly impossible as a chance tend to happen in UO really often.
@kolbycrouch yes i have seen the loot, i do a lot of PVM and honestly it also feels broken. Spending 7-8 hours farming ML named monsters with 1074 + 1000 luck character and not having a single item worth keeping feels a bit wrong the least.

@TheWhitezone I do have 50% HLD on my weapon
Good luck with that. It's coded this way for a reason. If you're looking for the perfect 4-5 mod jewels etc they are extremely few and far between. You will farm for months or longer looking for specific mods with specific intensity. My dream ring 15dci 15hci 1/3 20ep or 8lmc. Never in my lifetime will I ever get that to drop. Do you realize there are literally millions of possibilities for mods and intensity on drops? So good luck playing the lotto and it won't do you any good to complain they won't change it even the slightest bit. I can give you some advice though. Research loot packs on UO guide for the monsters you are farming and you generally judge how much luck you need. With 600 luck at miasma I get rings like 1/3 10dci 10 lrc 5cold resist. 1/3 13hci 13lrc 5energy. Both drops from miasma.

suiris

Sorceror
I don't really want to go to the loot topic. It was all about the RNG and how it tends to result in streaks, low chance event proc 3-4 times in a row in short period of time.
From what I've read UO uses rand() function which is based on the system clock and is not nearly as good as newer methods used in modern games, perhaps that explains such results.

Akka

Sorceror
Yeah, you mean like, gauntlet arti drops? Its bound to happen in rows sometimes if its random.
My drug usage is none of your business.
Its written "Finnish".