UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UOGamers Contests v.2... Riddles and Costumes, and Guides, OH MY!

Irina

Wanderer
UOGamers Contests v.2... Riddles and Costumes, and Guides, OH MY!

these have been postponed until further notice, sorry all.

UOGamers: Fashion Show! v.3

That's right, Fashion show is happening again! Except this time, it's a costume contest :) This is actually a lot more detailed than the last show, so bear with me and try to read this post very well before you ask questions.

Time will be around 6 PM EST on Monday, November 27th

Participants:

Entry fee is 150k (You have plenty of time to earn this!)

This is how this contest will work:

1. You will choose a costume to do. You can be an indian, fisherman, witch, pimp, anything. The trick is to make your outfit reflect this, and your backpack as well. For an indian, you might want some corn or leather in your backpack, a witch might have a spellbook and a cat as a pet (Yes you can use pets in this, just tell me beforehand if that's what you plan to do), a pimp might have stacks of gold and a book with phone numbers. Use your imagination!
2. When you are SURE that you have completed your outfit and backpack well enough, submit it to me... instructions for that are below. Make SURE you put in a description of your character with a few sentences about how you fit the costume and backpack into your goal result.
3. After you submit your email, I will send you one back with further instructions. Note that you do not have to keep your backpack in order like in your screenshot. Just have one prop ready for the day of the show!

DIRECTIONS FOR HOW TO SIGN UP-Must email [email protected] with the subject "Costume Contest Entry"
-Include a screenshot (cropped-PLEASE) of your character's paperdoll, in game character, and backpack contents.
-Type in your character's name, account name (don't give me your password), describe your costume and describe your backpack as well.
-All entries not including the above will be void, no matter what.

The winner will get 50% of all of the gold collected. Second place will get 25%. Third place will get 15%. The remaining gold will get deleted.

The winner will also get one item that they're wearing renamed to whatever they want (within reason.)

SIGN UP DEADLINE - MONDAY, NOVEMBER 13 -- THIS IS WHEN YOUR GOLD WILL BE COLLECTED
If you contact me prior to this, and tell me you need more time to raise more gold, I'll make arrangements with you.

To watch:

ONLY ONE SEAT PER PERSON

First row seats - 10k
Second row seats - 5k
Third row seats - 3k
Fourth row (second platform) - 2k
Fifth row until end of last platform - 1k
Grass seats - Free (but you don't really see much of anything)

All gold goes into the pot for the winner of the show. Also, three people randomly throughout the show will get 100k checks.

If you'd like to watch, email [email protected] with the subject "Watching the Costume Contest" with what row you'd like to sit in. Keep your money on your character and I'll come along to collect it every once in a while (even if you're signed off). Be sure to include what account name and character you'd like to watch with. In place of the money that I collect, I'll give you a "ticket" with the row that you paid for. I'll also have a list of who paid for what as well. All tickets will be globally deleted after the contest.

DEADLINE FOR WATCHING TICKETS - November 12-- THIS IS WHEN I WILL BE COLLECTING YOUR MONEY
If you contact me prior to this, and tell me you need more time to raise more gold, I'll make arrangements with you.

Any questions? Feel free to post here, email me, or PM me on the forums :)

UOGamers: Hybrid Riddles!

For a future event, I'd like to get a lot of riddles submit.

Basically if you submit a riddle, it might be used in the event and you'll have a huge advantage in it because you'll get to pass through the event more quickly. The more quickly you pass thorugh, the most likely you'll win -- and there will be a good prize in it :)

The riddles I'm looking for shouldn't be too long, and should be hybrid or UO related. They should be within the era of Hybrid (so no samurai stuff). I will post examples of what I want to see if people want to see them.

Possible things to write about:
Dueling pits
Imbus
Tournaments
Custom Housing
Factions
[videos

Prizes:
Everyone who submits 25 GOOD riddles (I will determine quality) will get 100k in game and a book that cannot be written in, hued pink, named "Riddle Helper" unblessed

Email riddles to [email protected]. Use the subject "Riddle Entry number" for the number part, put how many you submit in that email. You can email as many times as you'd like, but PLEASE don't spam my email box. Include in the email your main character's name as long as your account name (don't give me your password). All entries not including the above will be void, no matter what.

Deadline: December 31, 2006

Any questions can be emailed to the same email address with the subject "Hybrid Riddle Question"

Perkis

Wanderer
Re: UOGamers Contests v.2... Riddles and Costumes

Well you can rest assured that I'll be taking place in both of these events...

As for the fashion show, I am Tony Perkis, so maybe I should dress like... hmm..

Flipper

Knight

chinese orphan here i come

edit: are multiple entries allowed?

a loller

Wanderer

THe Hybrid staff never fail to amaze me :) Another excellent idea.

hivajisa

Wanderer

im entering i think my suit looks good enough for this i just hope everyone else thinks the same

Yea I sent in 26 and only 1 was accepted. A lot I sent in I guess werent for the average player(some were pk/faction related) plus 1 word answers seem to be needed. Gonna start thinking more up, GL to you Suil.

Irina

Wanderer

ChknPlkr said:
Yea I sent in 26 and only 1 was accepted. A lot I sent in I guess werent for the average player(some were pk/faction related) plus 1 word answers seem to be needed. Gonna start thinking more up, GL to you Suil.

No no, I just pasted in my favorite one. 4-5 of your work :) don't be discouraged I liked them hehe they made me laugh

Can we use friends to help with the imagery. Inuyasha bringing his girlfriend kikyo, pimps bringing hoes, Leia bringing C3PO?

Irina

Wanderer

Foreseer said:
Can we use friends to help with the imagery. Inuyasha bringing his girlfriend kikyo, pimps bringing hoes, Leia bringing C3PO?

Yeah that would be okay. No more than two people though. You'll also have to arrange this with me ahead of time and both backpacks should be made up as well

Irina

Wanderer
Re: UOGamers Contests v.2... Riddles and Costumes, and Guides, OH MY!

By popular demand, examples of riddles written by me :D

There are many places you can find me,
Such as chewing grass that's oh so green.
In the zoo I have five brothers,
Who's coats give off a colorful sheen.
Sometimes I surprise learned mages,
By taking their spell and being mean.
Answer: Llama

Deep in the walls of Deciet,
Lurks an evil decayed, not weak.
It casts spells of arcane might,
That burns the skin from it's sight.
From silver it does repel,
For fear of it's tolling bell.
Answer: Lich