UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UOGamers step your game up..

Well, I love hybrid, been playing it off and on for 6 years, but it needs a change. I have no idea what that change is, but it needs it. I keep hearing more and more about how many people are moving, I won't say anymore about where to, but it sucks for Hybrid. We need to focus on drawing in NEW players not just keeping the same 30+ people that play with their 100's of mils ruining the economy. I hate to say it but we need just that.. an economy..

I don't know the first thing about managing a server and won't pretend I do. I know I for one am willing to accept some server changes if it meant keeping Hybrid going.

I also don't want to sound overly dramatic but at this point the only thing that can save the economy is by starting a new one. Which means a wipe. I know it wont ever happen but we all saw the same issues with the Original game as well. As players collected more and more gold, prices went up, and new players couldn't afford anything but the bare essentials anymore.

Post some creative ideas / alternatives.. maybe a gold sink of sorts..

Also 4 accounts is crazy, nobody ever has to buy anything from any other players because everyone has their own crafter..

** ONCE AGAIN I AM NOT BAD MOUTHING HYBRID** I am trying to spark some conversation about correcting its current path, which appears to be on the downward slope.

Trevor

Knight
They need to nurf the gold system. Make a new currency then make everything harder to get. Move all spawns around and hardier to find the more desired ones. And if you dont use your animals all the time they start losing skill points. Then instead of these houses full of rares that fall make it so it deletes half the shit in the house, so items begin to go away and massive amount of supplies aren't around. Also no assistuo. If you have that you might as well keep sallos.

crikey

Sorceror
All the essential items you need to pvm and pvp and craft are cheap as heck already, don't you think?
I think it's just useless rares that are expensive, and who they heck needs those to have fun anyways?

I've spent a long time slowly building up my arsenal of stock so that I can die hundreds of times and just keep playing. If everything was deleted, I would be annoyed as hell. Screw starting from scratch
If I am the minority of this opinion, then I guess just do the wipe. Important to help the masses then select few. Nobody willmiss me anyways

SlayN-ATL

Squire
It needs a complete pvp revamp. Main problems are bolas, alchemy, and lack of staff involvement and/or openess to new ideas or change IMO. Also the fact that everyone can easily afford to completely gimp themselves out with every advantage known to UO certainly takes a lot of the fun out of pvp. I'd be all for a complete server wipe to be honest as the economy is not going to be fixed any other way. Also removal of poker would be a bonus. Get rid of all the pathetic poker junkies and beggars. At some point it has to be smarter to just start over and hope for the best than slowly dwindle down to nothing. They are even talking about bringing back the Revelation shard that failed years ago. What do you think thats going to do to server population if they ever get it going. To be honest I feel like they have given up on hybrid and are squeezing the last few dollars out of it before reopening Revelation. We keep getting told about how they are making new faction bases/duel pits/removing del pond/new website design/ blah blah blah but it seems like none of it ever happens. What the shard needs is ADVERTISING first and foremost though. When the players are more concerned about the health of the shard than the staff there is a problem. You'd think the extra donation money from attracting new players would be worth the effort but guess not.

Seven Jr

Sorceror
Every time the population stumbles a little these threads come out. A wipe at this point would be catastrophic especially to older players and donaters. (The 1% the have donated literal 1000's for their private islands and special items) I get they're donations everyone knows the possibility of items just being deleted but they would probably leave.

Everyone cries favoritism about those who donate... They keep this server functioning and keep us with the most up to date hardware, a wipe? Baaaaad idea.

Well, I love hybrid, been playing it off and on for 6 years, but it needs a change. I have no idea what that change is, but it needs it. I keep hearing more and more about how many people are moving, I won't say anymore about where to, but it sucks for Hybrid. We need to focus on drawing in NEW players not just keeping the same 30+ people that play with their 100's of mils ruining the economy. I hate to say it but we need just that.. an economy..

I don't know the first thing about managing a server and won't pretend I do. I know I for one am willing to accept some server changes if it meant keeping Hybrid going.

I also don't want to sound overly dramatic but at this point the only thing that can save the economy is by starting a new one. Which means a wipe. I know it wont ever happen but we all saw the same issues with the Original game as well. As players collected more and more gold, prices went up, and new players couldn't afford anything but the bare essentials anymore.

Post some creative ideas / alternatives.. maybe a gold sink of sorts..

Everytime I come back to uogamers I make about 200mil in less than a month of only playing 1 hour a day MAX! we really do need a fresh start. Shit is out of hand

Trevor

Knight
i think the best idea is if an idoc falls, half of the stuff is deleted. Making rares and stock start to go away. Thats what i used to do when i played. Got probably 900k worth of stock from idocs in a month.

Seven Jr

Sorceror
if they do a server wipe why not just give the people who donated their shit back when the wipe is done

You're still talking about a LOT of shit being left not just islands, or special items. CBD's, Skill balls, it's just not the right way to go... Although if it were possible I would agree.

You're still talking about a LOT of shit being left not just islands, or special items. CBD's, Skill balls, it's just not the right way to go... Although if it were possible I would agree.
i think custom donation items should only apply the people buying cbds and ethy mounts can deal with the loss the staff will be handing out abunch of free shit after the first year any way

Fides

Sorceror
if a server wipe was ever implemented take the top so-and-so # donators and give them something after the wipe (something obviously worthwhile enough to keep them around...veteran members keep this shard alive too (and obviously people who donate do as well) ).

My 2 cents.
Yes threads like this pop up here and there when the shard is a little thin, but it is to be expected. It's the same said about say a tech support forum and the same topic being asked 20 times a year but 19 of those people weren't around for the original thread and so on and so forth. Some things in these threads are actual good ideas, some bad...and they're to be taken with a grain of salt by everyone...obviously because everyone has their own agenda behind their ideas. But.......I don't think these threads are to be ignored by staff....just taken into consideration in case certain idea's are in "agreeance" with their own ideas as staff.

I just wish staff would follow through with their own goals :( del pond should be gone, low roller poker table should be moved back to top of brit bank (i used to love watching noobs up top rage over losing 100k back in the day when the low roller table was up there), and the pvp system needs to be re-vamped a bit (don't have much time for pvp anymore but seems to need some work). This among numerous other things on the to-do-list. Hopefully staff will read this thread and take certain bits and pieces into consideration :)

Code Blue

Knight
if a server wipe was ever implemented take the top so-and-so # donators and give them something after the wipe (something obviously worthwhile enough to keep them around...veteran members keep this shard alive too (and obviously people who donate do as well) ).

My 2 cents.
Yes threads like this pop up here and there when the shard is a little thin, but it is to be expected. It's the same said about say a tech support forum and the same topic being asked 20 times a year but 19 of those people weren't around for the original thread and so on and so forth. Some things in these threads are actual good ideas, some bad...and they're to be taken with a grain of salt by everyone...obviously because everyone has their own agenda behind their ideas. But.......I don't think these threads are to be ignored by staff....just taken into consideration in case certain idea's are in "agreeance" with their own ideas as staff.

I just wish staff would follow through with their own goals :( del pond should be gone, low roller poker table should be moved back to top of brit bank (i used to love watching noobs up top rage over losing 100k back in the day when the low roller table was up there), and the pvp system needs to be re-vamped a bit (don't have much time for pvp anymore but seems to need some work). This among numerous other things on the to-do-list. Hopefully staff will read this thread and take certain bits and pieces into consideration :)

Fides sir!

it was 10k on top of brit bank back in the day:)

Armistices

Sorceror
I agree that deleting items on Hybrid would be a bad idea. As was said previously in the thread we need donations to keep the shard up and running and the ability to perpetually develop it with new content. I understand where you're coming from though OP. I think you're sort of indirectly referencing the concept behind the ladder system in Diablo II which would perpetually delete items and force everyone to start anew constantly; and for many it was actually quite fun. I don't know if you know but there is a new shard coming to uogamers called Revelation and you can beta test for it if you so choose. I wonder if you could possibly get something similar to what you're talking about implemented on that shard instead? Would that be a good compromise? I don't know I'm just throwing stuff at the wall here and seeing what sticks.