UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Update April 26, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone test how feint,protection from talismans, and armored swamp dragons interact? I would but for some reason Im having horrible connection issues today.

Kiluad

Sorceror
Is the pet auto logout feature accurate? it doesn't seem to be accurate at all, this is a a horrible feature for tamers, if a client crashes on a tamer while fighting, it's immediate death for the tamer.....

I don't know if it's accurate or not, i just can't see OSI putting that into the game, tamers would be furious.

Overall its a better feature for tamers on OSI. Pets on OSI log out with you no matter where they are so players use it like a pet ball in hard to reach places. Stealth tamers use to be big on OSI because of this.

Kiluad

Sorceror
Thanks for the reply, EoS.

I hate it, prohunter33. it's a huge nerf to tamers, imagine being another class, getting dc'd and having your armor and weapons get auto unequipped into your bag. I get the benefits to having pets recall to you, and all the good points the system has, but over all. that has to be one of the worst OSI patches ever put on Ultima online. I guess i'll have to deal with it.

How often to you actually crash or get disconnected? To consider it a 'huge nerf' I guess atleast several times a day. Personally with normal day to day activities I cant remember the last time i client crashed, its been years.

Kiluad

Sorceror
How often to you actually crash or get disconnected? To consider it a 'huge nerf' I guess atleast several times a day. Personally with normal day to day activities I cant remember the last time i client crashed, its been years.

Maybe you're right, more reasons to favor spellweaving on a tamer template.

april0395

Sorceror
Thanks for the reply, EoS.

I hate it, prohunter33. it's a huge nerf to tamers, imagine being another class, getting dc'd and having your armor and weapons get auto unequipped into your bag. I get the benefits to having pets recall to you, and all the good points the system has, but over all. that has to be one of the worst OSI patches ever put on Ultima online. I guess i'll have to deal with it.

It seems like it would be great for Doom and places where you log a tamer out and hope that someone doesn't lure crap to kill your pet before you time out. At least, that's what I immediately thought of when I read the update.

lord apollo

Sorceror
This explains how I logged back in from a client crash the other day to find my greater dragon missing while doing Lady Mel with my guildmates. It was a bummer considering the fact that a CC dropped and I didn't get it LOL. Oh well.

kolbycrouch

Knight
Overall its a better feature for tamers on OSI. Pets on OSI log out with you no matter where they are so players use it like a pet ball in hard to reach places. Stealth tamers use to be big on OSI because of this.

So many people were doing this to do travesty and other peerless bosses, it wasn't even funny.

gilgamash

Knight
I hope to be starting to contribute some code, fixes, improvements etc. soon, we just need to agree on a common base :)

I must admit EOS is doing a impressive job here, esp. considering the amount of things being done, from coding to realizing events.

Different people have different dislikes, one direly wants Doom point system implemented, others want a PVP only shard, the next one calls for runic kits and various wood types working -- not all can be done and not all will be done due to the target of this shard. And keep in mind that all work here is done without getting any money for it!

Maybe the developers don't need the "this shard is dying, is doomed, is lame, sucks" etc. phrases all over and each and every week again. From time to time, ok...

I suggest: Give us hope. Stay with us, even in difficult times (yes, this is some kind of engagement :) ), or, as Michael Jackson sang: Before you judge me, try hard to love me!

I am very glad to be back in Demise development and still like this shard. And we will be legion soon again!

G.

kolbycrouch

Knight
It would be more impressive if the shard wasn't written in a sub-scripting language that isn't all that hard to add on to. There has also been a lot of shards that came and went, that were able to implement mostly correct systems that we still wait on in demise. However this is suppose to be runuo's flagship AOS shard? The difficulty has little to do with the work needed to put in. Don't you realize EOS is smart enough to add most of these new features with nearly complete accuracy, with little effort? The hardest part of the job is gauging what the community actually wants, not what staff might assume it wants.

P.S. Ofcourse you don't get paid any money. It's UO hardly anyone does. Besides none of you here actually wrote the server emulator that allows you to add scripts onto it.

Status
Not open for further replies.