UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Update May 24, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
Some small fixes will be applied during server wars tonight. The changes consist of:
  • The lost dagger for In The Belly of the Beast is now an actual dagger, blessed, and unhued. Old unequipable daggers will remain as rares.
  • The help stuck menu can now be used to exit the Prism of Light after the ticket has expired.
  • Fixed Last Words quest leaving the book behind in the inventory.
  • Fixed incorrect dialog on a New Haven quest.
  • Public moongates no longer hide ghosts.
  • Crystal daemons are now vulnerable to the demon slayer.
  • Greater dragons' stamina now corresponds to their dex, and will go up with training as well. Old dragons have also been fixed.
  • Animal taming no longer starts a taming attempt if the previous owner count makes the animal too hard to tame.

Craudiator

Sorceror
Greater dragons' stamina now corresponds to their dex, and will go up with training as well. Old dragons have also been fixed.

Oh thank you

TravisMills

Sorceror
Been spamming weakin and fighting my dragon not one damn dex gain what am I doing wrong? Ea I do the same thing it gains. Here since server up both my dragons not one gain in dex.

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
Been spamming weakin and fighting my dragon not one damn dex gain what am I doing wrong? Ea I do the same thing it gains. Here since server up both my dragons not one gain in dex.
You're not doing anything wrong, stat gains are naturally hard (you may have noticed this on your characters as well). I have confirmed that dex gains are working normally using weaken spam, eventually. The frequency of stat gains will be addressed in a future update. :)

TravisMills

Sorceror
Alright than ill just do my thing and it should go up been an hour so far and not a darn gain so I logged out to take a break. This on both tamers.

TravisMills

Sorceror
I'll give it another shot when i get the boy off to school in half hr i'll give it a shot on a mage with eval see if that bumps it. So you know for future reference fighting against lets say balrons for an hr didnt raise its dex or stamina a single point on my greater dragon.

Kiluad

Sorceror
I'll give it another shot when i get the boy off to school in half hr i'll give it a shot on a mage with eval see if that bumps it. So you know for future reference fighting against lets say balrons for an hr didnt raise its dex or stamina a single point on my greater dragon.

I had to re write this, i looked at the code, instead of just going by memory, i previously said gaining in any stat would reset the timer, not true, all stats have individual timers.

so theoretically you can gain dex every 5 minutes. but it's still extremely low odds. it's 1/50 or so of getting the chance of a stat gain, then 1/140 str chance, then 1/140 dex chance, then 1/70 int chance. from casting spells.

1/7000 of getting a dex chance or something like that. from resist spells.

wrestling is actually pretty good at raising dex, if the str chance fails that is, which is also pretty good. either way, it can take ages to do. sidhes are easier because of healing.

TravisMills

Sorceror
what if my dragon is already fully trained. On both my tamers i havn't gotten a single damn dex gain on either greater dragon. In about two days. I think something is a bit wrong with the patch. I know on ea that I could train my dragons up in a day or two fully and copying the same tactics on demise it doesn't work the same way.

Bama

Bug Huntress
I thought I would give this training it's dex a try (I prefer to hunt and let it train that way but it is what it is......)
I really wish I had a screen shot of this thing before the "fix" because something is not right here
I think my pet lost 11 stamina points
M Ledbetter_5-26_20.38.jpg

Bama

Bug Huntress
Some small fixes will be applied during server wars tonight. The changes consist of:
  • The lost dagger for In The Belly of the Beast is now an actual dagger, blessed, and unhued. Old unequipable daggers will remain as rares.
  • The help stuck menu can now be used to exit the Prism of Light after the ticket has expired.
  • Fixed Last Words quest leaving the book behind in the inventory.
  • Fixed incorrect dialog on a New Haven quest.
  • Public moongates no longer hide ghosts.
  • Crystal daemons are now vulnerable to the demon slayer.
  • Greater dragons' stamina now corresponds to their dex, and will go up with training as well. Old dragons have also been fixed.
  • Animal taming no longer starts a taming attempt if the previous owner count makes the animal too hard to tame.
Thank You for the fixes!!!

Kiluad

Sorceror
what if my dragon is already fully trained. On both my tamers i havn't gotten a single damn dex gain on either greater dragon. In about two days. I think something is a bit wrong with the patch. I know on ea that I could train my dragons up in a day or two fully and copying the same tactics on demise it doesn't work the same way.

It has nothing to do with the patch, the problem is in how everything gains stats. our stat gain system is pre osi patch (45?). The patch won't change the rate of dex training(speed it trains at) the patch fixed that STAM was impossible to raise.

You can gain dex, it's just not likely, you won't see many GDS with 125/125 dex/stam. mine is only 83. Don't focus on training it unless say, you're sleeping. else ignore the dex and passively hope it gains.

Kiluad

Sorceror
I thought I would give this training it's dex a try (I prefer to hunt and let it train that way but it is what it is......)
I really wish I had a screen shot of this thing before the "fix" because something is not right here
I think my pet lost 11 stamina points
View attachment 86765

i can only assume what eos did, but i assume that's like that because your GD had more stam than dex before the patch. Stam is now based on dex, the way it should be, as opposed to you only being stuck with 64 stam forever on your GD. you didn't lose dex, you lost stam, but you also gained an ability to raise stam, which in my opinion is better than being stuck with 64 stam forever.

kolbycrouch

Knight
Just keep using the damn dragon all day, attack mined eles at night or whatever macro you need. In my opinion it gives pets a long term value, anyone with a near 125 dex dragon with good stats/resist isn't likely to get rid of it ever. It takes a good while to build that up and it's deserved. Personally my dragons have super low dex.

Status
Not open for further replies.