UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[VALIDATION NEEDED] Granite

Blanzora

Sorceror
[VALIDATION NEEDED] Granite

Sins\ce I don't play OSI, but my friend does, we spend time discussing the differences between OSI and Demise. He mentioned that granite on OSI is currently stackable and weighs 1 stone each. I have searched stratics for some time but the only thing I found was that weight was 10 stones. Not to say may friend is lying, I would like to know if this is correct, so any of you that play OSI, please pm me with what you find out.

Ulani

Wanderer
Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Granite

Your friend is correct, although I have no idea when it was changed on osi.

Ulani

Wanderer

Yes the granite does stack on Demise but weighs 10 stones each. On osi they weigh 1 stone each.

Ulani;659217 said:
Yes the granite does stack on Demise but weighs 10 stones each. On osi they weigh 1 stone each.

we need to know if this was implemented in SA or before. (in SA even daemon bone weights less).

If that edit was before SA, we can work on it. But again, we need to know in which expansion this belongs.

Blanzora

Sorceror

Tyvm for the research. I asked since I just made gm mining and was trying to be prepared to go stone mining once I get the books for it. Once again, thank you researching this forme. :D

Old Geezer;659243 said:
Tyvm for the research. I asked since I just made gm mining and was trying to be prepared to go stone mining once I get the books for it. Once again, thank you researching this forme. :D

erm... for the truth I was expecting *you* to search for it :D

ok... as I have some time I'll dig in publishes.

Blanzora

Sorceror

sry but I was searching the update logs -- kind of fell asleep -- but am awake now. I was thanking you for searching on OSI for me since I don't play it.

Blanzora

Sorceror

I found the publish and patch archive on OSI and have searched them. There is no mention about the weight change, but there is the mention of the granite, arcane gems, et al. becoming stackable. It must have been left out of OSI's notes on the publishes and updates.

Old Geezer;659279 said:
I found the publish and patch archive on OSI and have searched them. There is no mention about the weight change, but there is the mention of the granite, arcane gems, et al. becoming stackable.
Pub 56 right? Already fixed.
Old Geezer;659279 said:
It must have been left out of OSI's notes on the publishes and updates.

WTF! There must be something about.

edit: UOGuide says here: http://www.uoguide.com/High_Quality_Granite
Granite mined prior to Publish 56 is un-stackable and weighes 10 stones per chunk. It could only be obtained one unit at a time. Currently mined Granite weighs one stone, is stackable, and can be harvested in multiple units per dig.

it's only left to understand if the weight got fixed between pub56 and pub59, or after pub59.

lookie lookie what I have found...

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=110412

and the date is 30-10-2008, so it happened in Publish 56.
Another thing that let me believe it happened with the stackables patch is: pre-patch not stackable granite continued to weight 10 stones, while post-patch 1 stone.

Oh I hate when OSI won't write it in publishes...

Comments? Or can it be copied in the bugtracker and addressed?

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

osd_daedalus;659286 said:
it's only left to understand if the weight got fixed between pub56 and pub59, or after pub59.

For some reason I think it was changed in April 2009
Not 100% sure but I believe it was in the Spring of 2009

Blanzora

Sorceror

I just researched the notes on Pub 56 and the only mention of granite on there is that it became stackable. So hopefully the comments made in the thread that osd_daedalus found will be useable in the bug tracker. *crosses fingers behind back* :D