UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Veteran Reward Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Veteran Reward Suggestions

jorn;1636337 said:
a +2 ar doublet or half apron is a great idea.

adding to the skill cap is not. A char with 120 eval would rape.

I meant total skill cap...Not exceeding in one skill...Still wouldnt be able to have higher than 100 in any skill except tailoring or blacksmithing.

Ra

Sorceror

What'd be the point of having only 10 points in skill?

jorn

Sorceror

Ra;1636413 said:
What'd be the point of having only 10 points in skill?

nothing. but u could make a pretty cool 8 skill template with an extra 10 or 20 pts. I kinda like this idea

beelzebub

Knight

i think cool hued ethys would rock. make it so we could have one ethy and choose from different special hues (like special hair dye)

a pure white llama would rock

Solitary_man

Wanderer

I have started over again on this shard like four times. (No matter what I do, I can't ever "quit" no matter how hard i try.) I can never maintain my vet status anyhow. But to be honest I HATE fancy vet reward systems, especially game play changing ones. Whatever is decided, I would like to add my two cents that I hate the idea of anything that changes game play (No matter how small) being added as a long term vet reward. I like this shards simplicity in both features and game mechanics, its part of what adds to the kick ass experience IMO.

Nobody should have any advantages that cannot be obtained via normal game play. Though, I am sure plenty disagree.

Ra

Sorceror

Solitary man. Im telling you now, as well as everyone else--
Im positive that the server-staff will never EVER have vet rewards that effect PvP in any way. It would cause all sorts of unbalances. They're aware about what kind of advantages and disadvantages it will cause, and they simply won't have it. I'm not speaking for them, but Im willing to bet on it. The closet thing to effecting PvP they might do is maybe have yet another +2 clothing item, MAYBE.

We don't have dummies running the shard.

Subaru STI

Wanderer

Ok, I know I'm a little late,
And it's probably already being worked on.
After all 14 pages of this I read only these idea's apply to me.

1- Tessa's Gold Card is genuis...
2- Def. give them 5 year vets a hoodie, discard the other 3 available
since i doubt Zlatan or Bags would trade/sell anywho.
3- Ethy Dye Tub, [special hues optional], but limited 5 charges.
4- Broader range of hair dye [NEON HAIR DYE PT. 2]
5- Jewlery, eh, why not, lets get creative here, use me slots up!

the rest are kind of eb-and-flow with me.
the idea of marking ones own clothes is a little absurd,
and takes away from that special "I GOT THIS FROM STAFF" feeling...
BOD hue'd dye tubs would only take away from actuall bods themselves.
Who here wants to delete their tailor?
No point in adding already speical hued items [such as fallon or pure].

Also, why whipe the spectrum of rewards already given?
If you have 40+ points, are you really going to want to spend all of thoes 40+points at once? You want a pack full of vet rewards you yourself can only use, or other of the same age? Last time I checked everyone had points and some people still liked reg. Ethy Horses.....
THEY ARE VET REWWWAARRRDDSSSSS [ SHIFT ]
LET THE VETS BE REWARDED!

Needless to say.
Very anxious to see what's added.

Remember, what's added can be deleted,
And what's changed can be changed back.

Lorthic

Knight

Stolen right from EA/OSI's website.

Housing and Bank Storage Upgrade Token

Running out of room to store your stuff? The Housing and Bank Storage Upgrade provides you with 20 percent more storage space in your home, and 20 percent more storage space in your bank, making room for your treasures, keepsakes, trophies, and collectibles.

I, personally, like the idea, because people are always bitching about houses being full of loot and not having room, thus needing larger or more houses; this may free up a few houses for newer players so that it doesn't seem quite like OSI does... that they'll never have a chance to place or get anywhere.

GreatSquid

Sorceror

Lorthic;1637336 said:
Stolen right from EA/OSI's website.

Housing and Bank Storage Upgrade Token

Running out of room to store your stuff? The Housing and Bank Storage Upgrade provides you with 20 percent more storage space in your home, and 20 percent more storage space in your bank, making room for your treasures, keepsakes, trophies, and collectibles.

I, personally, like the idea, because people are always bitching about houses being full of loot and not having room, thus needing larger or more houses; this may free up a few houses for newer players so that it doesn't seem quite like OSI does... that they'll never have a chance to place or get anywhere.

I think this is a great idea.

the illest2

Wanderer

i think 4 or 5 year vets should have a re-supply stone that converts gold into reagents/pots/armor....let you pick what you want to restock and let it give you a price and then presto, it withdraws that everytime from your bank....im definitely not saying we should get a discount on the gear but sometimes its a bitch to restock and i think those of us who have been here for many years, who have restocked more times than we can count, could appreciate being able to use spare gold to convert into supplies, maybe even make it cost a few hundred gp more so people dont abuse it in anyway

Jolly Rogers

Sorceror

i think that this idea in the idea of a gold sink is interesting and would get ride of a lot of unwanted gold. However for a vet rewards I don't think it would work. The idea of a reward should not be anything that makes your gaming experience I guess easier in the end. If anything the idea of a stone would help new players. Every vet has or should have a mule which they could use. I my self am tired of restocking but I have gotten used to it. Also the stone could be abused like no other. Better to prevent a head ache..

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

the illest2;1639002 said:
i think 4 or 5 year vets should have a re-supply stone that converts gold into reagents/pots/armor....let you pick what you want to restock and let it give you a price and then presto, it withdraws that everytime from your bank....im definitely not saying we should get a discount on the gear but sometimes its a bitch to restock and i think those of us who have been here for many years, who have restocked more times than we can count, could appreciate being able to use spare gold to convert into supplies, maybe even make it cost a few hundred gp more so people dont abuse it in anyway

My only concern with that is that it takes that option away from newer players to make some base cash. As a newbie myself, that is a great way to start off once you have a crafter.

Other than that, it sounds cool !

the illest2

Wanderer

i dont see how charging more money for supplies to instantly appear could be abused, and as for vet rewards that "make your gaming experience easier" what about ethereal mounts? after 90 days you dont ever gotta buy a horse again if you dont want to, so this would be something similiar to that...new players dont really make money off of selling reagents, its older players who horde faction regs and then sell them for 30% more than they are actually worth, so people who sell bulk regs wouldnt be affected by this, as getting a "bulk amount" via the stone i suggested would cost you a helluva alot more, this is just something for old vets with alot of gold, who would rather convert unused gold into money instead of pissing it all away in poker.

and maybe not armor and pots as new players actually do make money off of that, but just regs would be a big help for us vets

jgust25

Wanderer

dude. skin color change deeds, with sweet crazy color options. or ridable god damned ethy dragon. idc if i takes up 5 slots, that's fucking sweet.

Rubnuk

Wanderer

dragon ethy. (5 years)

one hit hue voucher at the 5 year mark for any colour on any item (bar stacked items). (4 years)
OR sandals that can be dyed like cloth.

I'd be stoked to have +str/ +int/ +dex jewelry (3 years)

High value armour (+5) cloaks/robes of a new hue (can be dyed) (2 years)
blessed 'pop pouches' that are actually a 1dmg dealing double click item. (2 years)

And from before: (i like this idea alot) (2 year mark)
Veteran Weapon - A jacked up, almost one-hit/one-hit weapon. Recolored, blessed, renamed Maniacal Veteran; Four weapons to choose from - one for each combat skill. You must have 85+ in the skill corresponding to the weapon for it to be equipped. A warning is issued when this option is chosen. Only usable by the player it is issued to. Usable for 24 hour period; when the timer expires the item decays and disappears. This option can only be picked once per account. The color alerts other players as to the extreme potential damage by the weapon. Essentially, this lets long time veterans go crazy for one day.

I have but one suggestion...HOODED F'ING SHROUDS!!!! That was my absolute favorite item on OSI servers just before I quit. I have wanted one ever since I came here but since they are more than the price of a castle I will never be able to have one. I don't care if it is a 6th year or 8th year reward, as long as I know that it is attainable at some point. Please??!!? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.