UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Vote for your 12/26 nonPvP Event

Choose the 12/26 Event

• Storytelling Contest

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Poetry Contest

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Net Toss

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Scavenger Hunt

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • PvM Tournament (Progressive Monsters)

Votes: 47 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Vote for your 12/26 nonPvP Event

Poll will be open until next friday which will give me 5 days to prepare the event :) Please note the champ spawn option is not on this list nor are themes determined for the story and poetry contests.

Vote for your favorite and that's what we will do on the 26th at 9pm EST.

LC

Re: Vote for your 12/26 nonPvP Event

what are the rules on the pvm tournament?

Is there a page listing them somewhere?

Characters allowed to be used, skills used, etc?

Can we duel client, yadda yadda.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Rules:

1. No Mounts
2. No Summons
3. No Tamed Pets

Only one character will be in the arena at the same time with the monster although we may run multiple arenas at once to speed things up. So, you won't be able to use 2 characters in the same arena fighting the same monster.

We will be doing progressive this time which means everyone fights the same creature for each round.

As for guides - those are coming soon :)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

yup. and trust me, we can see the archers... but its not like they have ample space to run :)

Tempest

Knight

LadyCrimson;338625 said:
yup. and trust me, we can see the archers... but its not like they have ample space to run :)

Isn`t that biasing the event??

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

no, why should I give an archer a huge arena when arena events normally take place in smaller areas? Would you want me to "favor" archers???

Hyphy Train;338813 said:
Isn`t that biasing the event??
Not any more than making a large arena to give cowardly archers plenty of room to run around would be biasing it... In fact, lesso. Keep in mind that tamers are ruled out entirely, and arcanists, as well as mages to a lesser degree, are hurt by the restriction of summons.

After all, it's an arena event, made so that people at the sidelines can watch. It's be rather silly to make the arena so large that no one at all could see what was going on half of the time, and unless spectators ran around frantically, that they'd only ever catch a glimpse or two...

jrhather

Wanderer

pbguy434;338979 said:
UBWS doesn't work with archery or wrestling.

Obv.

That I didn't know. I've never tried.

That sucks...but I see why it is the way it is.

jrhather;339116 said:
That sucks...but I see why it is the way it is.
Indeed; wrestling would be stupidly over-powered if it worked that way. It's already arguably superior to all other weapon skills, given that you can *never* be disarmed, and it also has a ludicrously high speed. Very clever that they gave unarmed fighting the specials of disarm and para blow.

jrhather

Wanderer

All in a bid to equalize the playing field.

I'd still like to see cestus types.....christ, we might even have them now that I think about it...I've been a tamer too long.

jrhather;339169 said:
All in a bid to equalize the playing field.
It works out well, IMO. Though I still personally prefer butcher knives myself.

jrhather;339169 said:
I'd still like to see cestus types.....christ, we might even have them now that I think about it...I've been a tamer too long.
WEll, technically they're around: they're called leather gloves, and characters that pick wrestling as a starting skill (which includes the pre-made "mage" class) will start with a pair equipped. ;)