UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Vote for your 12/26 nonPvP Event

Choose the 12/26 Event

• Storytelling Contest

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Poetry Contest

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Net Toss

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Scavenger Hunt

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • PvM Tournament (Progressive Monsters)

Votes: 47 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jrhather

Wanderer
Re: Vote for your 12/26 nonPvP Event

I was thinking those talon things my tailor (Doctor Tran) has on. They make him look all Wolverineish.

jrhather;339181 said:
I was thinking those talon things my tailor (Doctor Tran) has on. They make him look all Wolverineish.
Oh, the Tekagi? That's a bladed hand weapon. I thought you were referring to the hand coversing worn by boxers of old, which were made of leather. :p

--w00t--

Wanderer

Poetry FTW. I say turn it into a pvp event, if someone's poem sucks you can gank with tomatoes which do 1 damage.

STX Theif

Wanderer

Sorry im farely new. What would the pvm entail? Would it be timed? and would it be 1 person per monster?

[Drakull]

Knight

LadyCrimson;338625 said:
yup. and trust me, we can see the archers... but its not like they have ample space to run :)

LadyCrimson;338621 said:
Rules:

1. No Mounts
2. No Summons
3. No Tamed Pets

We will be doing progressive this time which means everyone fights the same creature for each round.

A couple questions if you don't mind:
1) Will a list of the different creatures to fight be published in advance so we can plan the strategies/char that we decide to use in the event or will it be a "find as you advance" thing?. Will also be always 1 player versus 1 monster or it will also increase the "hardening" by adding multiple creatures vs 1 player at certain points?
2) How small are we talking about? Not that I worry about archers that much, but it will probably affect a lot more to casting-types, specially since there are no mounts allowed. An archer can shoot, run, stop his run to shoot again and run again. A casting char (without the help of the summons to stop the moving creatures) will have a lot more trouble to cast powerful spells (not even talk about casting a Death spell with an arcanist, where you will have absolutely no room), not even talking about the "detail" of healing (since archers/dexers are more bandage oriented usually, that is something they can do while running, but casters need to stop to cast the healing spells).
3) Other than summons/mounts/pets is there any other restriction in the rules to the items/spells/skills that are allowed to be used?

Thank you.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

To answer your questions:

1. I have no intention at this time to gang up monsters on players. I only intend this to be 1 monster vs 1 player and I will not publish a list before hand. The basic idea is to come prepared for PvM, much like you run through ilsh and do not know what you will hit, you do not know what you will hit in this event.

2. The arena is about 10x7, lil smaller, lil bigger... but not enough to run circles with no end.

3. No other rules.

[Drakull]

Knight

LadyCrimson;339712 said:
To answer your questions:
1. I have no intention at this time to gang up monsters on players. I only intend this to be 1 monster vs 1 player and I will not publish a list before hand. The basic idea is to come prepared for PvM, much like you run through ilsh and do not know what you will hit, you do not know what you will hit in this event.

2. The arena is about 10x7, lil smaller, lil bigger... but not enough to run circles with no end.

3. No other rules.

Thank you for your answer, LC :)
On 1 well... if you have some experience you know what kind of monsters you might find in the areas of ilsh you plan on traveling through ;)

Being a 10x7 probably it's better having just 1 monster (I was thinking on a char with provocation, he,he...) since there will anyways be not much space to move (it's like moving inside a small house in the sides... hard to move across without being hit by the monster)... so it will be interesting to see the different templates that show up, but it looks like melee-leechers will probably have an advantage for this event. I'll probably try something different with different strategies too.... let's hope that I find the time to join and that the tactics work too, he,he... (already though about them... ).

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

While I have worked out the specifics of the arena already, I am ALWAYS up for suggestions on improving the event. A lot of changes have been considered from the last one held during the festival and I'm sure we'll have to tweak it a few more times before something is decided as being "best" for the event.

So truly, if you have any suggestions feel free to post them here or send me a PM. I can even tweak the current if something is brought up as a problem :)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

There are 2 more days of voting, currently the scavenger hunt and net toss are tied for 2nd place with the PvM tournament coming in first. Please vote - these events are here to encourage the nonPvP aspect of UO and even if you PvP, most of these events are something you can do even with a half built template of a blue :)

LC

Tempest

Knight

It`s definitely biasing the event, making it small as fuck.

You act like archers can sit there and take beats, they`re long ranged and aren`t meant to be hit.

IMO Parry/Necro/Chiv/Bush dexxers take this if you`re gonna make the arena into a stand-off, toe-to-toe fight.

This is also worse for any type of mage as well, seeing as most mages aren`t meant to take beats as well.

Like I said, way to bias the event. Go figure...

drak-

Sorceror

Hyphy Train;341832 said:
It`s definitely biasing the event, making it small as fuck.

You act like archers can sit there and take beats, they`re long ranged and aren`t meant to be hit.

Why exactly cant an archer take a hit? If you cant heal yourself then you shouldnt be there anyway. And, anyone can wear resist armor, not just a dexxer. At a tourney - screw luck, youre there to win the tourney. If you wanna farm loot, spend the evening at the gate platform in doom instead.

This is so inline with a lot of the other ingame sissies... reminiscent of the idiot that recently started with the crying in doom - "if you dont kill dark father right, Ill lure all the other DFs on you!" - referring to taking it to the gate where there is little or no spawn. WTF is the point in even playing a game if you never take any damage or ever have to actually fight. Why dont we just tell development to give out loot evenly so everyone gets a fair share, and doesnt have to fight for it. That way my mule can get artis too! Afterall, shouldnt all characters be able to do everything the same?

Tempest

Knight

drak-;341884 said:
Why exactly cant an archer take a hit? If you cant heal yourself then you shouldnt be there anyway. And, anyone can wear resist armor, not just a dexxer. At a tourney - screw luck, youre there to win the tourney. If you wanna farm loot, spend the evening at the gate platform in doom instead.

This is so inline with a lot of the other ingame sissies... reminiscent of the idiot that recently started with the crying in doom - "if you dont kill dark father right, Ill lure all the other DFs on you!" - referring to taking it to the gate where there is little or no spawn. WTF is the point in even playing a game if you never take any damage or ever have to actually fight. Why dont we just tell development to give out loot evenly so everyone gets a fair share, and doesnt have to fight for it. That way my mule can get artis too! Afterall, shouldnt all characters be able to do everything the same?

I never said they can`t take hits, I said they can`t take beats. Big difference. My archer runs 70s across, 40 lmc, 45 hci, 7 mr, 120 archery, and I can take a hit np, but I can`t sit there and take consecutive beats because I lack the dci and parry.

A parry dexxer can take beats np.

And are you trying to call me an ingame sissy? Because I know sure as hell I`ll take you out on the field or in a duel on any of my chars, so please refrain from insulting in that manner.

drak-

Sorceror

Hyphy Train;342049 said:
And are you trying to call me an ingame sissy? Because I know sure as hell I`ll take you out on the field or in a duel on any of my chars, so please refrain from insulting in that manner.

How F'in typical .. actually its exactly what I expected. First you whine that you cant fight a monster, then you have to prove your manhood in a game after you take a shot for the whining.

Ya, Im calling you a sissy .. but its probably more like a IRL one in your case .. you seem like the type of idiot that has to overcompensate for being a 140lb weakling by trying to 'pwn' the world in a game.

go pop your pimples and pass puberty, tx

Tempest

Knight

drak-;342083 said:
How F'in typical .. actually its exactly what I expected. First you whine that you cant fight a monster, then you have to prove your manhood in a game after you take a shot for the whining.

Ya, Im calling you a sissy .. but its probably more like a IRL one in your case .. you seem like the type of idiot that has to overcompensate for being a 140lb weakling by trying to 'pwn' the world in a game.

go pop your pimples and pass puberty, tx

Way to insult more you fuckin` douche, would you like a round of applause?

I bet I`d still get farther than you in the tourney on my archer anyway.

GL to you sir, hope you die to a paragon mongbat.

LC when you post such events, do you mind posting the time in CET pls, this will help a lot of others is seeing what time events will be. TY