UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

War us *** and PvP Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomon-demise

Wanderer
kajcake said:
Well can't see anything wrong with trammel :)
It's a nice quiet place, people can't harm eachother.
On OSI, if u are young the healers even heal u, If u are hurt.
That way u learn the basic stuff of the game..EG don't play with the bear, unless u can kill it...etc etc

So all in all trammel is the place to be :)

On the other hand, felluca is an evil place, where mean and very evil people rage the land !!
There they kill you for fun. Call you a n00b, and sometimes they even mention your mother :)

So think about it ?? aient trammel a great place :)

Trammel is like the matrix of UO, take a gate to felucca... welcome to the real world.

Sharper

Wanderer
kajcake said:
Well can't see anything wrong with trammel :)
It's a nice quiet place, people can't harm eachother.
On OSI, if u are young the healers even heal u, If u are hurt.
That way u learn the basic stuff of the game..EG don't play with the bear, unless u can kill it...etc etc

So all in all trammel is the place to be :)

On the other hand, felluca is an evil place, where mean and very evil people rage the land !!
There they kill you for fun. Call you a n00b, and sometimes they even mention your mother :)

So think about it ?? aient trammel a great place :)

Yes, trammel rules. Who complains about trammel is the ppl that want to screw you in fel.

Sir Tristan

Wanderer
I'm not a red, but eventually trammel begins to reach a certain monotany. Same monsters, same techniques to defeat them.

In PvP it's always changing. Everytime you come up with a new fighting style, someone else comes up with a counter. It keeps you on your toes.

Still I appreciated trammel being in place for me to learn the ropes in relative safety.

I find something funny is,

In Fel, if you are outside of guardzone, anyone who thinks he has a chance to kill you will try to kill you....

I mean... with the exception of the reds/pvpers I know here, everybody tries to attack me the moment I am out of GZ...(even blues...)

It feels like counter-strike all over again.....

Except theres no skill involved =P is macros and items!!!! hahaha

I want an old fashion 7x GM mage duel :( This dexxer shit is stupid.

When someone can hit 40s without any special abilities or pally spells on 70/70/70/70/70 armor there's a problem imo. I dueled Dark Mali and was killed in three hits. Three hits = Three Seconds. What the hell is that? Not to burn on you mali, but where is the skill in this?

After my duels with Dark Mali i went cruising around felluca, wondering if perhaps I had just fought an exception to the general scale of items on players, but apparently im wrong. In 4 hours of cruising in felluca, I saw 14 dexxers, and two mages. Thats excluding the dozens of newbie blue dexxers who sit at the moongate and play tag with the red dexxers who stand outside taunting.

I used to say the same about 6x120 mages with max SDI and 2/6, but at least that wont kill you in 3 seconds regardless of how good your armor is. There's some strategy to a mage or even a damn necro. You gotta pick what spells to cast and when.

On top of it all, whenever i casted blood oath on the dexxers, the majority of them called me cheap, and a n00b. What other defense do i have? What else can i do? In my duel against Mali I blood oath'd, and then proceeded to mana dump on him. My combos were healed instantly, poison wasnt even worth casting. As far as I understand Mali has 1 sec bandys. Does anyone else see something wrong here? This is almost as bad as that Morcull shard. In fact, its almost the same. Artys are tossed around like candy, PSes come in hundreds, and most people can kill anyone in 3 hits.

Although I have yet to establish myself as a good PvPer on this shard, take the time to consider what I have said. Put away your tired dexxers and dozens of artys and lets have some damn variety. Even though atm I can't say im much different, It's pathetic when there's just a generic set of equipment. Everyone has stormgrip. Everyone has the kasa of the ra'jin. Everyone and their mother has an archer dexxer with dryad bow and totem/headdress. Lets have a damn mage duel.

Mook said:
I want an old fashion 7x GM mage duel :( This dexxer shit is stupid.

When someone can hit 40s without any special abilities or pally spells on 70/70/70/70/70 armor there's a problem imo. I dueled Dark Mali and was killed in three hits. Three hits = Three Seconds. What the hell is that? Not to burn on you mali, but where is the skill in this?

After my duels with Dark Mali i went cruising around felluca, wondering if perhaps I had just fought an exception to the general scale of items on players, but apparently im wrong. In 4 hours of cruising in felluca, I saw 14 dexxers, and two mages. Thats excluding the dozens of newbie blue dexxers who sit at the moongate and play tag with the red dexxers who stand outside taunting.

I used to say the same about 6x120 mages with max SDI and 2/6, but at least that wont kill you in 3 seconds regardless of how good your armor is. There's some strategy to a mage or even a damn necro. You gotta pick what spells to cast and when.

On top of it all, whenever i casted blood oath on the dexxers, the majority of them called me cheap, and a n00b. What other defense do i have? What else can i do? In my duel against Mali I blood oath'd, and then proceeded to mana dump on him. My combos were healed instantly, poison wasnt even worth casting. As far as I understand Mali has 1 sec bandys. Does anyone else see something wrong here? This is almost as bad as that Morcull shard. In fact, its almost the same. Artys are tossed around like candy, PSes come in hundreds, and most people can kill anyone in 3 hits.

Although I have yet to establish myself as a good PvPer on this shard, take the time to consider what I have said. Put away your tired dexxers and dozens of artys and lets have some damn variety. Even though atm I can't say im much different, It's pathetic when there's just a generic set of equipment. Everyone has stormgrip. Everyone has the kasa of the ra'jin. Everyone and their mother has an archer dexxer with dryad bow and totem/headdress. Lets have a damn mage duel.

Haha. Mali...he's a kewl guy but, isn't great at PvP. (Yeah, I'm one to talk, huh?) Probably the only reason he killed you in three hits was Armor Ignore (Comp special ability) and then hit lower defense (weapon special attribute) then a final hit on your low health finished you off.

IN MANI (Heal) BETWEEN ARROWS!!!

But, why "put away" our dexxers if that's what works for us?

I don't think there is a time that Oath has ever killed me. O.O

I'm pretty sure I am the only one with Totem at this point. Tho, Ronald MacDonald is starting to copy me 'cause I'm better than him and he's jealous. :-/

What's your pvpers name? If McDuck can stand his ground well enough with me then you aught to. There are a few mages that can, and will, beat me basically everytime I fight them. :-/

DAMN I NEED JACKALS!

As for being Genaric, well, there are no regular items that can come close to visible artifacts on people. (I say visible because Vile can be outmatched. Ask Nosferatu about that one. ;)

Oh yeah...can't forget to say this. Don't like pvp here? Go to Hybrid. If you aren't a mage there, you're f***ed. :-/

yeah, Dark Mali's arrows hurt.......

but I manage to get him with my assassin in one of the SW awhile back.... he does ALOT of damage when he hits.... luckily my assassin have 115 weap and decent DCI =P

hmmm don't disarm work on dexers?

he didnt use armor ignore, he might have had HLD, but he was doing 40+ each hit on my 70% resist...There are multiple people with totem, i see people trading all the time at luna bank.

Hybrid is just as bad, just the other way around. Also, i dont like pre-aos =/. The point of my post was to convince someone to dust off their mage PvPer and duel me :p.

My PvPer's name is Mook, and hasn't been used much. After my few ventures into felluca i thought it wise to finish up my equipment before i head back out. Nothing worse than getting a shitty reputation before i even get my char finished. All stats/skills are done, i just need better gorget/leggings/ring and ill be totally finished. Gonna build up about half a mil in funds before i go too, just so i have some insurance and regs to fall back on if i really get burnt out on hunting PvM.

You can ask some people like Rhun, Alderon/Dumathoin, Aikon, and they'll tell you I'm actually quite good. Whether or not being quite good is good enough, we'll still see... I'm working on ways to counter this insane shit.

Kiluad

Sorceror
All the players that use the word trammy need to go back to old school uo when everything was the same, when players controlled who was in charge of the land, not some gay osi facet system, the pvpers were never in charge. they never will be in charge, cause none of them ever have any skill. pvp never has been a skill mainly because the game hasn;t been designed for pvp, pvp is a side effect of playing with many players, and its a great thing when used correctly, like revenge or war time.

the whole reason behind fal isn;t for pvpers, its for roleplayers who were sick of being attacked by people, there is a lot of roleplayers on osi who wear nothing but bad equipment, so trammel was invented to keep those people playing. which resulted in a mess that totally fucked up UO. when trammel was invented people had a safe place to train, and sinse 90% of your time is spent training and 99% persent only hunting mosters as a regular uo player there was no reason to go to fel. then they made resourses better in fel to try and drag people back which never really worked.

Ok my history lesson is over, and well why would i want to pvp against people who suck at pvp? the only people in fel are the ones who hide behind their suped up pvp equipment, thats not pvp, its called being sad. back before the facet split most pks had nothing because well there was nothing to get and things were for the most part even, it was real pvp, i didn;t mind hunting down the reds when i was bored then cause i didn;t need a special character or equipment to do it, i could just use whatever i had on me, and once inawhile i would run into someone who actually had some skills and could take me on.

The moral of this story is, if people want to pvp, drop the suped up chars and equipment, if you can survive with a normal char vs someone you have skills, if you can't you suck, and the thing is you will get way more chances to prove your skillcause people will be more then willing to fight players who arn't specially made for pvp.

You guys have to keep in mind most people arn;t going to invest any time into a char that's sole purpose is to fight some noobie that likes to exploit everything in the game.

So again if you are actually good players and think you can out wit other people in battle drop the outragious equipment and skill selection, its so pathetic.

Kiluad said:
the only people in fel are the ones who hide behind their suped up pvp equipment, thats not pvp, its called being sad.

PvP = Player VS Player...if you fight another human being no matter what char or class it's... player 1 VS player 2!!! O.O OMG WHAT A CONCEPT!

Kiluad

Sorceror
SlipTongue69 said:
PvP = Player VS Player...if you fight another human being no matter what char or class it's... player 1 VS player 2!!! O.O OMG WHAT A CONCEPT!

thanks for explaining that to me.
see i thought pvp ment something else, i was almost certain it ment player vroooom player.........

let me try again, cause i feel sorry for you now after reading your responce.

indeed player vs player is the goal, and sinse pvp = PVP the goal is to fight another player, and the best way to fight another player is by fightiong another player, not scripts equipment and exploited char stats.

so since you didn;t just undedrstand that, i will try again. i know im sucker for slow people though

so if you want to fight other players with real Intelligence, not some crappy AI system, you look for people who, dare i say use chars that are mostly manual chars. now what is manual you ask, since you asked and i know you did, manual is something that is control by a person that uses said thing, so a manual char is well, controled by the person on the other end. i know i know, some people are reading this and thinking "slooooow down my friend kiluad you're surly loosing this poor kid obsessed with sucking genitals, this poor kid is so obsessed with sucking genitals they have the number 69 in their nick name, so im sure they are distracted by those thoughts, to distracted to grasp this oh so complext idea you are presenting" well fear not my friends, i will keep explaining in more detail for our horney little player.

If you fight someone who has lets say has a artifact, they have an advantage, which really means nothing, except the player with the artifact has a fucking advantage, so if that player wins, they are showing less skill then if the other person were to win.
If you fight someone who has a character built for fighting players, they have an advantage, which again means nothing except they have a fucking advantage, so again when they win they show little skill.
If you fight someone who uses macros, they have an advantage, which also means nothing except oncee more they have a... what that word? oh yes, a fucking advantage.

so you can see, that well if you were to challenge people with regular PVM chars and equipment everyone had you would maybe start convincing people you have some skills at pvp, because when you rely on the game to win a battle for you, you show absolutly no skill and most people realize its a HUGE waste of time.

Ah fuck, sorry i said something about letting the game win for you, that will require more explaning im sure, its a good thing i have a mountain of time here.

games are based on equations, numbers vs numbers if you will, so lets say you are a large number of oh ummm 236, now lets also say you come up to a number thats a puny 46, so umm lets see, 236 minus 46, is ummm 190. if you notice you are still around with only a diminished number, yet the other number is no where to be found. that is what happens when you use suped up chars, its all no brainer equations. if that 46 won then you know they have skill.

I hope that cleared up something for you my friend, and why i said pvpers need to drop this suped up stuff, maybe just maybe this server could become a semi pvp shard. somehow i doubt it, to many kids on it who sit in fel wishing they were tough or smart.

Lyra

Wanderer
Now i see why you have been banned from IRC. Please stop trolling the forums and show fellow players some more respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.