UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Weekend Latency Issues

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Weekend Latency Issues

Those of you who have been experiencing latency issues over the weekend should be noticing a marked improvement in your connection to the shard. The majority of users who were experiencing this problem were Comcast users. Comcast had some significant issues over the weekend that affected connections to many data centers. This issue was not limited to ours.

I apologize for the perceived outage but assure that at no time was the network to the game server affected. These issues were end user issues due to problems end user ISP's were having.

Those of you who might still be suffering latency issues I would suggest that you turn off your cable modem, routers and PC for a while (10 minutes or so) and then let your systems come up clean. This should eliminate the issues.

I appreciate your continued support in UO Gamers: Hybrid and look forward to killing you tonight in faction PVP.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Re: Weekend Latency Issues

Dark MaGe;1458963 said:
That must really suck.

Yah I feel bad for the faction pansies too... I'm going to kill them :)

Ryan;1458968 said:
Yah I feel bad for the faction pansies too... I'm going to kill them :)

Haven't seen you guys in SL as posted weeks ago. But I'm new - maybe I don't recognize your 1337ness. Did you mayhaps join the front runner, Minax?

p.s. thanks for the update and great shard. I [heart] UOG.

I figured, my connection was just fine last night. I just had a 20 minute period where I couldn't get onto UO or the forums yesterday afternoon. Otherwise, the lag wasn't much worse than Sunday night on Atlantic.

A simple restart solved it for me, now I'm running fine. Thanks for the update ^^

AndrewDoK

Wanderer

Yes I am a comcast user myself and was experiencing major issues... I found the problem was Comcast doesnt really know how to manage their DNS servers. The solution to this is the use another DNS server entirely.. I fixed it by going to OpenDNS.com and using their servers and now my connection seems 10000x better than it was even before this weekend!

Daskin

Sorceror

AndrewDoK;1459309 said:
Yes I am a comcast user myself and was experiencing major issues... I found the problem was Comcast doesnt really know how to manage their DNS servers. The solution to this is the use another DNS server entirely.. I fixed it by going to OpenDNS.com and using their servers and now my connection seems 10000x better than it was even before this weekend!

Good info. Thanks Andrew.