UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Welding

Im curious to see if theres anybody on this server who welds for a living/for fun. I been working on and off but im proficient at TIG and MIG welding with aluminum, steel, and stainless. I prefer tig because your always training your style, its like the martial arts of welding.

Travis Tey

Sorceror
Welder for fun here. I did go to school briefly for it, but never 'completed' school. I bought myself a welder(s) and put time in behind the gun, so I am self taught. My brother followed in my footsteps and actually does it for a career. He MIG welds aftermarket automotive parts. TIG welding is really the way to go if you're looking to make a career of welding; Clean, sexy, and skilled.. and you can make great money, especially if you can find your want into the medical device field.

crikey

Sorceror
I bust out the ol MIG welder sometimes doing autobody jobs sometimes

For example, last month I did some work on an old 1972 el camino dude wanted fixed up. Had to do alot of work, fucking car is in my nightmares....
The floor was absolutely fucked, rotted threw in several spots. Mig welded some sheets of metal to patch it up. Im not the most skilled welder, so lucky me its covered up with new carpet that I put in :)
Car is lookin pretty snazzy now. Sanded that fucker for a billion hours and painted it up. Put all new chrome on the outside since the old shit was ruined, WELDED in the floors, new carpet new seats, looking nice! Made a fortune doing it lol

Ive done some stick welding here and there as well....last time I did stick welding was on a ramp truck couple months ago.
All for nothing: After I finised, the next week the guy who owned it and another guy were driving on the highway, lost control and flipped it down a steep hill. Truck FLATTENED, driver DEAD from skull crushed. Too bad he was a decent guy that Ive worked with alot. The owner who wasnt driving, lived but got rekked pretty bad. Still in the hospital.

Danzel

Wanderer
I weld when I have to. Mostly farm machinery for my dad, because he sucks at it. I use a MIGHT for that stuff because it's all steel.
I work around a lot of pipe fitters who are constantly welding. It is definitely an art, requiring a lot of skill if you want it to hold or be leak proof.

Little Owl

Wanderer
Most of the stuff that I want to weld is structural, so it would be a liability issue if it failed for someone else. Better for me to pay someone who is a pro I figure, although I do plan on building copper heater exchangers (not really welding).