UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What is UOG's Stance on Power Scrolls

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcaud

Wanderer
Re: What is UOG's Stance on Power Scrolls

What skills do you guys believe would be the most unbalancing at 120?
I imagine all damage dealing skills such as Magery, Eval, Wep skills, etc. would be in this category, but it seems like there are many that are not, like meditation, music, provocation, animal taming, etc.

fonis

Knight

wep skills influence chance to hit. (aside from archery)

comparing to GM....:
120 Tact would provide an additional 20% bonus to base weapon damage
120 Anat would provide an additional 4% bonus to base weapon damage
120 Magery would guarantee all spells to be fizzle-less (or is it all 7th level?..)
120 Alchy would give another 2 damage to all explo pots (on average)
120 Axery would give another 4% bonus to base weapon damage (on axes)

it would likely also influence stun chance, special hit chance, and so on...

wkstrm

Lord

MadeInQuebec;1872863 said:
Don't talk too fast.

It's true they found one piece of nightmare armor, but who knows if that's the only one. Their might be other types available too.

True, but I'm only going for known facts.

Kitchen_

Sorceror

MadeInQuebec;1872860 said:
Don't worry, it would happen way faster than you can imagine. People would do champspawn like never before, and before long powerscrolls will be flowing around.

The bourgeoisie will quickly purchase all the major ones with lots of greasy millions, they will delete an alt and within one week of intesive macroing, you would see the new war machine showing up.

A few weeks later in the pvp discussion forum...

"WTF this is just dumb"

I've been playing hybrid for 2 month's and bla bla bla bla bla get in fight with a guy bla bla bla he one hit me with a war hammer bla bla bla and later bla bla bla... powerscrolls are way overpowered and need to be removed bla bla bla 120 magery for 10 mil's wtf ?!? bla bla bla.

Are you sure you want that?

If they did implement power scrolls, I'm sure they would tweak some things to make it so a 120 cap isn't too over-powered. They could also make it so getting a 120 power scroll is really, really hard. Also, implementing power scrolls would generate a lot of PvP.

Kitchen_;1872895 said:
If they did implement power scrolls, I'm sure they would tweak some things to make it so a 120 cap isn't too over-powered. They could also make it so getting a 120 power scroll is really, really hard. Also, implementing power scrolls would generate a lot of PvP.

And hence MIQ still stands right. People with hunderds of millz would flop down all their endless amoutns of cash and become even more powerfull on the feild just because thay have mor emoney then the casuel player.

Kaplar

Sorceror

Agreed, and then noob and mid-level players that see such a char on the field, would run away, because the domineering reasoning would be: why even fight if I know the odds are already against me?

The basic of UOG is balanced pvp, unlike many item-based and level-based games that are out there now.

Kitchen_

Sorceror

DragonSlayer69r;1872911 said:
And hence MIQ still stands right. People with hunderds of millz would flop down all their endless amoutns of cash and become even more powerfull on the feild just because thay have mor emoney then the casuel player.

Look at wands. The same argument could be made against them.

sssuuu

Knight

KoNNaN;1872853 said:
I read that you also get a better chance of getting high end bods.

You have a link? I remember a discussion in the past where it mentions that having 120 smith, or GM smith does not affect which BOD you get, since it's all percentage, though no one ever pulled out solid table of data to show to the community.

Because I use about 3 different smiths 2 at 100 GM and 1 120 smith, and I've had times where my GM smiths just pulled out high end BOD's and my 120 smith gets like dull copper or some crap like that. By personal experience I believe its a % chance once you hit GM and the type of BOD % does no change no matter what level you're afterwards...Though, if you have a link or somewhere I can read more up on this, I'd be glad, and thus invest more money into getting another 120 smith.

--------------------

As power scrolls for other skills, I would only say yes on the condition that they would be insanely expensive, and sold by a NPC to eliminate gold from the sever. Insanely expensive would be about 300 million gold.

Reasoning why I would say 300 million is...follow me on this...Gold and Silver - UOGamers: Hybrid

On the donation website the cost of 5 million gold is a 100 dollars USD. Adding this value up, that would cost someone 6000 USD dollars if they donated for the gold to purchase this particular powerscroll. Who is the heck has 6000 dollars to spend for improving PvP aspect. If someone is silly enough, it would be a great donation to the shard and benefit everyone, thus heck I'd be alright with someone rolling around with 120 resist or whatever...

I know that people on this game already have about 500-1 billion in gold just sitting around, but even the richest of people would not be able to purchase enough power scrolls for all their characters, meaning that the character that does have this particular power scroll will be special and well known to everyone. (At the same time being a target)

And +20 powerscroll does not mean they get 720 skill points to use, they still have the 700 cap, meaning they lose something else. (I would just lose 20 med point or something like that)

The top skills I'd see people using a power scroll on is most likely....

Alchy-
Magery-
Resist-
(Poisoning)? [Not sure, but I think at 120 poisoning you can do lethal poison, really really hard to cure and tons of damage, but for 300 million it may be a waste]

Magic resist is probably be the #1 choice. And to a duelist, this could very hurtfully, since if the person is resisting a lot more, he/she definitely has the advantage.

Magery, ehh, not really a best of choice, I mean people usually stick around the level six circles and below. Having level 7 spells can be cured with a scroll and such. Also, they take waaaayy too much mana to use. However, the benefit to the magery is the bonus damage you will do, though I don't think it would be as effective as magic resist or alchy.

Alchy would be really close with Magic resist. One, you get extra pot damage, which is always good, so instead of doing about 15-35 damage you do like 20-40 damage, which does make a difference. Also, you can make kegs a lot cheaper than anyone else, since your fail rate will be really low! Thus you can make money off this powerscroll as well, but I don't think it will be anywhere near 300 million's worth.

Really, how many people can currently afford 300 million dollars worth on a single character, it would be quite insane. Just a three people buying this powerscroll would be roughly the same amount of gold eliminated from the sever as the 2008 castle raffle...http://www.uogamers.com/forum/1702373-post44.html

In theory, the sever will have less gold and help balance the economy and more people will donate for gold since its value has increased, everyone wins. And like mentioned there would only be a handful of people that would have these powerscrolls and they would make themselves targets whenever they appeared on the field.

Hell, if I knew someone had 20+ scroll on their character, if I was making the drop calls, he'd be the first to go. And seriously, UO is more skill of the player rather than the stats they have on, thus that's why I don't see this scroll would make a difference.

-Make it hugely expensive 300 million or higher! (Thus help eliminate gold)
-Same time could cause a surge in donations to the shard for gold, since it's value has increase.

And honestly, once a powerscroll has been used it can't be removed or a character sold or another person. Thus once that person quits, that powerscroll goes to the ages and can not be reused again.

That's why I don' think there will be a groups of people with 120 alchy going around just bombing everyone to death with 2-3 hit kills. There will be very few people going around with special skills, but not groups it would be way to expensive for that...

Talk too much, didn't proof read...heheh

*Rides away on an emu*

alcaud

Wanderer

sssuuu;1872951 said:
You have a link? I remember a discussion in the past where it mentions that having 120 smith, or GM smith does not affect which BOD you get, since it's all percentage, though no one ever pulled out solid table of data to show to the community.

Because I use about 3 different smiths 2 at 100 GM and 1 120 smith, and I've had times where my GM smiths just pulled out high end BOD's and my 120 smith gets like dull copper or some crap like that. By personal experience I believe its a % chance once you hit GM and the type of BOD % does no change no matter what level you're afterwards...Though, if you have a link or somewhere I can read more up on this, I'd be glad, and thus invest more money into getting another 120 smith.

--------------------

As power scrolls for other skills, I would only say yes on the condition that they would be insanely expensive, and sold by a NPC to eliminate gold from the sever. Insanely expensive would be about 300 million gold.

Reasoning why I would say 300 million is...follow me on this...Gold and Silver - UOGamers: Hybrid

On the donation website the cost of 5 million gold is a 100 dollars USD. Adding this value up, that would cost someone 6000 USD dollars if they donated for the gold to purchase this particular powerscroll. Who is the heck has 6000 dollars to spend for improving PvP aspect. If someone is silly enough, it would be a great donation to the shard and benefit everyone, thus heck I'd be alright with someone rolling around with 120 resist or whatever...

I know that people on this game already have about 500-1 billion in gold just sitting around, but even the richest of people would not be able to purchase enough power scrolls for all their characters, meaning that the character that does have this particular power scroll will be special and well known to everyone. (At the same time being a target)

And +20 powerscroll does not mean they get 720 skill points to use, they still have the 700 cap, meaning they lose something else. (I would just lose 20 med point or something like that)

The top skills I'd see people using a power scroll on is most likely....

Alchy-
Magery-
Resist-
(Poisoning)? [Not sure, but I think at 120 poisoning you can do lethal poison, really really hard to cure and tons of damage, but for 300 million it may be a waste]

Magic resist is probably be the #1 choice. And to a duelist, this could very hurtfully, since if the person is resisting a lot more, he/she definitely has the advantage.

Magery, ehh, not really a best of choice, I mean people usually stick around the level six circles and below. Having level 7 spells can be cured with a scroll and such. Also, they take waaaayy too much mana to use. However, the benefit to the magery is the bonus damage you will do, though I don't think it would be as effective as magic resist or alchy.

Alchy would be really close with Magic resist. One, you get extra pot damage, which is always good, so instead of doing about 15-35 damage you do like 20-40 damage, which does make a difference. Also, you can make kegs a lot cheaper than anyone else, since your fail rate will be really low! Thus you can make money off this powerscroll as well, but I don't think it will be anywhere near 300 million's worth.

Really, how many people can currently afford 300 million dollars worth on a single character, it would be quite insane. Just a three people buying this powerscroll would be roughly the same amount of gold eliminated from the sever as the 2008 castle raffle...http://www.uogamers.com/forum/1702373-post44.html

In theory, the sever will have less gold and help balance the economy and more people will donate for gold since its value has increased, everyone wins. And like mentioned there would only be a handful of people that would have these powerscrolls and they would make themselves targets whenever they appeared on the field.

Hell, if I knew someone had 20+ scroll on their character, if I was making the drop calls, he'd be the first to go. And seriously, UO is more skill of the player rather than the stats they have on, thus that's why I don't see this scroll would make a difference.

-Make it hugely expensive 300 million or higher! (Thus help eliminate gold)
-Same time could cause a surge in donations to the shard for gold, since it's value has increase.

And honestly, once a powerscroll has been used it can't be removed or a character sold or another person. Thus once that person quits, that powerscroll goes to the ages and can not be reused again.

That's why I don' think there will be a groups of people with 120 alchy going around just bombing everyone to death with 2-3 hit kills. There will be very few people going around with special skills, but not groups it would be way to expensive for that...

Talk too much, didn't proof read...heheh

*Rides away on an emu*

I like the direction you're going with this, however my main concern was combining PvM and PvP. Maybe make champ spawns only drop up to +10 PS's with high drop rates so everyone has a chance to get them. You could reserve the +20s for the high rollers for the reasons you have stated. You could even put the +10s up as donation items as well. I would be personally willing to donate to get one of these, I don't know how everyone else feels about the idea though. (not the +20, I don't have 2$ to my name currently)

sssuuu

Knight

alcaud;1873021 said:
I like the direction you're going with this, however my main concern was combining PvM and PvP. Maybe make champ spawns only drop up to +10 PS's with high drop rates so everyone has a chance to get them. You could reserve the +20s for the high rollers for the reasons you have stated. You could even put the +10s up as donation items as well. I would be personally willing to donate to get one of these, I don't know how everyone else feels about the idea though. (not the +20, I don't have 2$ to my name currently)

Nope. I'm against putting them up, even the +10 Powerscrolls as a champion spawn item that rarely drops. +20 or nothing at all, on the donation site, or preferably buying from an NPC for large amounts of cash.

Reasoning is that eventually, there will be more and more powerscrolls even if they're a rare drop; people will sit those champ spawns down and claw their way at it. As mention above, and the people who get the powerscroll will most likely sell it to the rich which causes the constant argument that "all the rich" have a serious advantage over the poor.

Also, putting them as a rare drop won't help solve some of the problems that are constantly discussed on the forums and in game, such as inflation of UO gold, not enough donations to keep shard running, and the severe disparity of rich verse poor in equipment stats. (I.E. Wand usage)

Now, before people start to quote me on saying that well yah only the rich could afford 300 million to spend on a +20 power scroll, and I will say yes. But there is only perhaps ten people who has enough gold in their possession at the moment to purchase this, and even them being super rich, could only afford perhaps two or three powerscrolls at the most.

I mean rich is like having 10-20 million and being able to buy wands and kegs all day, but there is another type of rich that just hoards the gold, and has millions just laying around, make that gold able to disappear with them being able to purchase a +20 powerscroll.

At the same time, if people are really serious about their PvP they will sell everything they own Pure whites and all to get 300 million for a Powerscroll, I see it happening and at the same time a balancing of the economy, or at least in the right direction, at the same time increasing the donations (hopefully) to the shard via donating for more gold.

Jeezy said:
Why even add them if no one can afford them?

Because only a few people can afford it, and many more could too if they sold everything they had. The idea is to have only a few people to have +20 to one of their skills of choice, and not have powerscrolls running rampage on this shard.

Thats the only way I would support powerscrolls, make them this expensive and thus that much more special.

*Rides away on an emu*

Countessa

Knight

Please use the appropriate section for further suggestions/discussion

Ajax;1722638 said:
Any question that asks for opinions should be posted in general discussion. This forum is for questions that have a single, simple answer.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.