UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What would allow more people to PvP?

What would allow more people to PvP?

• Less insurance cost.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Moving the PvP away from moongates/houses.

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Easier methods for obtaining gear.

Votes: 32 35.6%
  • New reasons for PvP.

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • PvP Sucks, Remove fel.

Votes: 15 16.7%

• Total voters
Re: What would allow more people to PvP?

Hyphy Train;401768 said:
Hybrid is a huge success.
...For the PvP'ers. It has a serious minority that aren't PvP'ers, which really, hurts the whole game's balance. To be honest, it, like Divinity, are HARDLY representative of the form of player interactions that took place back before Trammel ever existed, when yes, it may have been Felucca-only, but back then, MOST players were NOT PvP'ers! That changed the whole dynamic, when those of us that were PKs were in the serious minority.

More or less, what killed PvP in UO was the rules changes, that, one way or another, made the PK concentration in any given area too high to be supported, be it by giving a Trammel facet for non-PvP'ers to leave to, or other SHARDS for them to leave to.

Insomniac-

Sorceror

UO was released as a PVP FULL LOOT GAME. It sold out stores as that title, not as some golden cursor wannabe. You lose king, but i still love you.

Now can we get back onto the topic...

" What would allow more people to PvP? "

Insomniac-;401810 said:
UO was released as a PVP FULL LOOT GAME. It sold out stores as that title, not as some golden cursor wannabe.
I'm not saying that it had consent-only PvP. What I'm saying is that those that didn't want PvP didn't have an easy way out, which is the important part. They either played in Felucca, or they didn't play at all.

Hyphy Train;401572 said:
Remove all Tram facets, duh.

When you force PvMer`s to protect themselves, they will learn to PvP.

True!

On another sahrd i play(wich is forbidden to say the name) the facets are all fell rules!

You can run, but you cant hide =D

weinster666;401663 said:
the system randomly and secretly tags a Red so that, when killed, he drops an Ltot or Gaunt arty into the killers bag

That already exists. I guarantee that at any given moment there is always someone out there with an uninsured Arty on him...

My vote would have gone to Option 6: Less 12-year-old leet-speak trash talk.

It just gets, you know - old...

(a little grammar wouldn't go amiss either).

On a side note - might just have to try out Darkfall.

FE

Ageless Venomous;401819 said:
You can run, but you cant hide =D
Sure you can; you just leave the shard and go to one that DOES have a Trammel, and complain about all the "griefing" you fled on the other shard. Which happens all the time, and which is why Felucca-Only shards don't work. Lemme tell you, Hybrid isn't a success because it's Felucca-only... As so are 99% of all the freeshards. Rather, it's all the other content the staff there have added, like the poker system and the dueling system.

Feersum Endjinn;401821 said:
My vote would have gone to Option 6: Less 12-year-old leet-speak trash talk.
I definitely agree. If Felucca was exclusive to those that were mature enough to talk in clean, proper eloquent English, it'd be a HECK of a different place.

[Drakull]

Knight

Well... I could say...
A combat system where you could just fight using exceptional non-runic armor to fight, where magic arrow/fireball spamming were not as effective to kill other players, where house hidding was not as simple (no private houses and need of keys to open the door of a house to get in, for example) and where you could just fight even if you are not in a guild (old classic red vs blue system).
Hmm.... wait a minute... that's precisely what UO was originally and they moved away from that... hmm..... interesting, isn't it? :p

Digatalas

Knight

My problem is simply a sucky connection (dial-up). i live about 30 - 35 miles out of town and i think we are like .7 of a mile off the farthest reaches of cable? idk. it just pisses me off, the irony. but yeah, a higher connection speed and im good...

Digatalas

Knight

weinster666;401663 said:
the system randomly and secretly tags a Red so that, when killed, he drops an Ltot or Gaunt arty into the killers bag.

yeah, that would so kill the UO sort of economy. arty prices would plummet, maybe no instantly, but over time people would be selling HoM for 5kk... i wouldnt like that cause what about PvMers? such as myself. tag a monster? gotta be even or everyone that doesnt PvP gets pissy, (the way of UO life)

Feersum Endjinn;401821 said:
That already exists. I guarantee that at any given moment there is always someone out there with an uninsured Arty on him...

hahahaha...i would love to see that...

[Drakull]

Knight

weinster666;401663 said:
Something like, the system randomly and secretly tags a Red so that, when killed, he drops an Ltot or Gaunt arty into the killers bag. No one knows who. No one knows when the tag might change. Once the person is killed and the arty delivered, some other red is chosen. That would get people interested in PvP. it sure beats grinding the Gaunt for months.
Hmm.... let me think...
1) you create a set of red chars (to increase your chances).
2) You keep the chars naked in a house.
3) You kill them and have them rez as long as needed to get your arty...
---Repeat process.... nah... too obvious..specially if there are just a few reds logged on...

Drakull-demise;402062 said:
Hmm.... let me think...
1) you create a set of red chars (to increase your chances).
2) You keep the chars naked in a house.
3) You kill them and have them rez as long as needed to get your arty...
---Repeat process.... nah... too obvious..specially if there are just a few reds logged on...
OK, then have it based on all players (blue or red, logged on or not). Tag is carried for some period of time, say 8 hours, then it randomly moves on. If player with tag is killed during that time period by another player, killer gets prize.

Then again, thinking about your solution, you do get to kill other players a lot(albeit your own naked players over and over). That's the goal, right? ;-)

Digatalas;402048 said:
yeah, that would so kill the UO sort of economy. arty prices would plummet, maybe no instantly, but over time people would be selling HoM for 5kk... i wouldnt like that cause what about PvMers? such as myself. tag a monster? gotta be even or everyone that doesnt PvP gets pissy, (the way of UO life)
The idea would be to get people who don't normally PvP to do so. The chance for arty seems like a decent incentive.

Forum says there are 114000 members of Demise. Makes odds pretty long at hitting the right guy, but it is an incentive.

Insomniac-;401443 said:
Just curious, try not to flame. Made awnsers as simple/serious as I could.

IMO moving pvp away from britain and houses/guards as well as making gear easier to obtain so new players can jump right in would increase PVP. UOML and runic crafting changes (As well as the "earrings" slot) will help with the gear part, but unless house fighting is disabled and guards are turned off from moongates, your chances of moving a majority of pvp away from britain is a lost cause. I have seen some good battles around yew and in bucs, but those are always temporary.

Balthazar-demise;402080 said:
IMO moving pvp away from britain and houses/guards as well as making gear easier to obtain so new players can jump right in would increase PVP. UOML and runic crafting changes (As well as the "earrings" slot) will help with the gear part, but unless house fighting is disabled and guards are turned off from moongates, your chances of moving a majority of pvp away from britain is a lost cause. I have seen some good battles around yew and in bucs, but those are always temporary.
Naw, I don't think eliminating the GZ is the only wayt to move PvP away from the gate. Remember, a lot was discusse on INCENTIVES for PvP, rather than eliminating incentives for PvP at particular spots. Perhaps if factions were a way to potentially make good money, (in the vein that champion spawns are) people would care a LOT more about them.

Still, even if not for the PvP, I'd be all for the crafting changes; even though I'm one of the few with a 9-figure suit, I want to see things more readily atainable. Not for any economic reasons other than putting the market on its head for a while, but MOSTLY just because it's nice to see plenty of usable stuff, even if it kills the value of it. For instance, if SRSKs were bumped like they are on OSI to have 40-100% intensity, LRC+luck suits would suddenly become quite commonplace, as that means that even the lowliest runic kit would give you 45 shots that could give you 140 luck and 20% LRC. BRSKs would likely actually remain the same in value, since their minimum intensity would be bumped as well.

Likewise, it'd be fun to see that with Blacksmithy and its Runic hammers as well; even a dull copper runic, which already us burned on the slim chance of getting a 40% DI, FC1 superslayer, could instead make that a 90% DI superslayer, or have perhaps a katana with 15% HCI and 50% Lightning, and 50 charges per hammer. That would be quite fun; to think that I've literally got enough BODs to produce hundreds of the things... Runic prices would likely go way up (though only a little up for BRSKs and higher-end hammers) because all the crafters (myself included) would be having so much fun burning them as fast as we got them.

Cold Blood;402264 said:
i love this
I love it as well, because it's so naive.

Making more events on Fell, giving better loot at fell (like much better), giving something special for killing monsters in fell (like for example a ramdom color pig of 1 use, with a 1/1000 chance to drop), Disable housing in a radius near the moongates (that would prevent constant ambushes, would give ppl more chance of escaping)

Well, just forcing ppl to go to felluca, without taking off trammel (wich is something i would love to see, but everyone would leave). By forcing them to step on fell, they would start to know the true meaning of pk (both blues and reds, reds are just fighters, not pkers), and would force players to concentra on pvp as much on pvm, if they wanted to get cool stuff.

Would be like this: " HEHEHEY Mister Trammel afraid of doing something really challenging (because killing monsters all day long is trully pathetic), would you like to get some c00lz0r pigments(or some other coll thing, w/e)? Come and get it my boy =)"

Now, isnt that a good idea?

There would be no way to get things easier, because its extremelly hard to make an char excellent both at pvm and pvp, the risk would be alleatory, wich means youre hunting at one moment, and on the next one your peeing your pants because theres a h4XX0r behind you...

If anyone agrees, lets develop that ideia and send to the GMs =)

emoooo;402277 said:
Dueling system.
THAT would be something that could improve PvP.

Ageless Venomous;402294 said:
If anyone agrees, lets develop that ideia and send to the GMs =)
Yes, most of the above would work well, by providing more INCENTIVE to go to Felucca. However, it's not gonna happen, unless by "the GMs," you mean the developers in charge at EA.