UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

what you RPers need

Steve Zissou

Sorceror
what you RPers need

When i played on atlantic they had a aplace called Rivendell for RPers, it was out of town and near the brit X roads, it was was just a few classic houses with a fountain, benches, hedges and teh whole nine yards...i remember Occlo having something like that here but it didnt look nice and it was all spaced out... you guys should try and tlak a seer into a little community like that..(there is space in the farms now)

v'room

Wanderer
Re: what you RPers need

There's two of us working on something, but we are far from that.. there's so many complaints from the general shard community when you attempt/request something like that though, zissou... it's a long process. BUT! We do have a good and evil city/along with a gate room to all of the big (big at the time it was created, some non existant now) RP guilds. They need to update that room too. :) But good input, none the less.

v'room;1593966 said:
There's two of us working on something, but we are far from that.. there's so many complaints from the general shard community when you attempt/request something like that though, zissou... it's a long process. BUT! We do have a good and evil city/along with a gate room to all of the big (big at the time it was created, some non existant now) RP guilds. They need to update that room too. :) But good input, none the less.

All in that gate room are still active except perhaps the cove savage gate. But thats okay cause it just took you to cove not to their guild house.

TcD will never seem "active" when comparing to guilds like the orcs and yew militia.
TcD is a guild based on quality over quantity. Leaders do not hesitate with kicking people out whom do not rp or follow the rules.

You shouldn't need GM intevention when creating a player town, or RP hotspot. The Laughing Skull for example, and the Yew Orc fort. Limited to no, GM interaction ever.

Flowers and fountatins might draw folks to look, but it won't keep them. A good soild guild idea and constant work will keep folks in a area RP'ing. You not only need to give folks a place to RP, but also something for them to do while in that place.

ToadCreaker83;1595469 said:
You shouldn't need GM intevention when creating a player town, or RP hotspot. The Laughing Skull for example, and the Yew Orc fort. Limited to no, GM interaction ever.

Flowers and fountatins might draw folks to look, but it won't keep them. A good soild guild idea and constant work will keep folks in a area RP'ing. You not only need to give folks a place to RP, but also something for them to do while in that place.

The yew orc fort is a bad example. The laughing skull is a good example though.

I don't see the Orc fort as a bad example - they're one of the oldest guilds on Hybrid, the largest and actually provide a great RP experience for their players. They have committed leaders, that are constant and stable.

The few extras added to the already not player owned (orc fort) .. and random signs and skulls about in the forest are well deserved. I do not have a problem with GM's seeing this and rewarding long standing guilds that bring something to the shard with their actions.

Steve Zissou;1593964 said:
When i played on atlantic they had a aplace called Rivendell for RPers, it was out of town and near the brit X roads, it was was just a few classic houses with a fountain, benches, hedges and teh whole nine yards...i remember Occlo having something like that here but it didnt look nice and it was all spaced out... you guys should try and tlak a seer into a little community like that..(there is space in the farms now)

I remember Rivendell Elves. It was kinda close to Brit X-Roads as you say, but not all the way through the mountain pass. If you came out of the Brit moongate and headed stright up, you'd run right into it within 5-7 screens.

I never RPed, but I would go there at that park you mentioned with the benches and just listen to them tell stories over and over.

Some of those guys back then were really good RPers.

ToadCreaker83;1596698 said:
I do not have a problem with GM's seeing this and rewarding long standing guilds that bring something to the shard with their actions.

nor do I though, just had some contradicting statements that is all.

GimpCent

Knight

Steve Zissou;1593964 said:

Rivendell was bought and ran by Zym Dragon, Arch Dragon (me), Zippy Dragon, Beowulf, and Glorfindel. We ran it for along time before we got the help of OSI. The staff came and redid one building for us. The Traven... At the time we had many more people than the even the Orc Fort.

The only people who should get anything on this shard is in fact the orcs.

GimpCent

Knight

and on another note Rivendell in fact wasn't a bunch of roleplayers it was nothing more than a group of players banding together to form the first player ran town. Selling wares (not via npc vendor) but from PC to PC. The Bartender was a real person (until people stopped playing). We had our own guards etc.

Many of us disliked the gamemasters messing with the town in any form

i think catskills had aplace like this to

had a few vendors there

i always went there and bought horses i think

Steve Zissou

Sorceror

GimpCent;1598191 said:
and on another note Rivendell in fact wasn't a bunch of roleplayers it was nothing more than a group of players banding together to form the first player ran town. Selling wares (not via npc vendor) but from PC to PC. The Bartender was a real person (until people stopped playing). We had our own guards etc.

did you know Garion and Cloud?

GluttSDS

Sorceror

GimpCent;1598191 said:

hahaha.... SDS loved gating shit into rivendell and disrupting your events. lol to you guys--