UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Why arnt we upgraded? !!STAFF!!GM's plz answer

Why arnt we upgraded? !!STAFF!!GM's plz answer

ok i have a few things to ask and a few to complain about to the staff

ok as far as luck gos ive played osi ive played about 30 free uo servers and i cannot belive i have 1100 luck and the items i even get from skeleital drag's are absolute crap! it dosnt matter what u kill thge items propertys suck allways!they said this is a osi clone i dont freeking think so why dont we have the new shit like the new minors new craftin system why can i mine and cut special wood and gems but yet i cannot craft the new items i mean seriously wth is going on here this server is backassward's if u ask me.i still play osi only reson im here is cuz my family members play and they cant pay for osi like i can.

so whats wrong with the luck why are there absolut crap items when i have allmost max luck!?!?!?!

and why the hell are we only half way upgraded?

sry had to ask and get that off my chest its been bugging the piss outa me. to all i offended cussing im sry.

""osi clone.The only thing closer to osi is osi.""

my shiny white ...... u know what i was gona say lol

gm's plz respond this is bugging me and quite a few other people and we want answers

Re: Why arnt we upgraded? !!STAFF!!GM's plz answer

So you're whining you don't get uber-loot from each and every monster? Well, if you did, it'd hardly be worth crap, now would it? Because why would they buy your loot from Skeletal dragons when they've got their own that's just as good or better through their working HARDER with more serious monsters like succubus paragons and yamandons.

dxmfixation

Wanderer

No dude, loot is seriously broken here... 1/3's are a lot easier to get on OSI for one... it's been mentioned a lot that the loot sucks here, and we get the typical, albeit accurate, response that staff will fix it when they verify the difference...

Edit - Also, being a dick about it doesn't help anything... Staff is told on a daily basis how bad this shard is behind... and they get told how to fix it... and they get grief for not being fast enough... if you are going to be one of those pricks who throws a fit about it, at least have the balls to tell staff to kiss your shiny white ass and not censor it. Your tantrum is more annoying to them I assure you.

gugutz

Knight

I also believe loot is broken. And that a lot of things needs fixing. And by that i don't mean that i should get 1/3 rings each yamandon i kill.

I just don't complain about it and other stuff too cause, well, there is no point.
RunUO is open source, and for that reason even the comunity could code in and help adding new content and fixing stuff. But demise is not open source, and the upgrades made in RunUO are made by ONE person, who has no more time or interested to keep coding new UO stuff, and for some reason don't pass the responsability to another person that could do it.

Then nothing is gonna be done so soon, and other players will just tell you to stfu when you complain.

Welcome to demise. :)

Guyver991

Wanderer

I haven't been here for the large duration of this shard. I didn't even know it existed until 3 or 4 months ago, though I know of osi for a long while. I don't really know what all the hubbub is all about.

However, I know that I am first of all grateful to have a free shard that is comparable, at least to me, to the paid shards. It must take a great deal of character to not only deal with the everyday stress of keeping such a game running and dealing with constant bickering, but also to do it for free. I am in a position where I cannot justify playing on the pay sites. Thus, I am very grateful for what the staff does.

I don't know how everyone else plays, whether it be for collecting all the items to be had or collecting the most gold. I haven't really looked into the statistics into the item-monster ratio or whatever it is. I know I play to play. I don't have any goal whatsoever except whatever is on my mind. And maybe that is because I am still too new or haven't seen everything like everyone else.

My point is this: this is a free shard. If I understand it right, the staff does not really have to do anything. Correct me if I am wrong, but they don't get paid for doing this, do they? I know if I had people screaming at me, I would probably drag my feet about doing anything (not that I'm saying they are dragging their feet . . . because I'm not).

If your not happy with the game, stop playing for a while. If you want to (and if you are addicted like I am), come back after so long. Maybe things changed, maybe they haven't. If you have a legitimate complaint (and I'm not saying this isn't), try to ask it in a nice polite way. People generally have a better results if they just take the time to write properly.

If I am completely wrong about this, ignore this reply completely. I just think we as players should calm ourselves down and play the game. Those that worry about the logistics of the game just make it dull for yourselves . . .

Well those are my two cents . . .

(sorry for writing such a book length response)

gugutz

Knight

Guyver991;478239 said:
If your not happy with the game, stop playing for a while. If you want to (and if you are addicted like I am), come back after so long. Maybe things changed, maybe they haven't.

Try doing that with your country and see how it goes.
Anything that needs to be adminstrated can't just be 'forgotten'. When it does, it looses the meaning of why it began in the first place.

Guyver991;478239 said:
If you have a legitimate complaint (and I'm not saying this isn't), try to ask it in a nice polite way. People generally have a better results if they just take the time to write properly.

Been there, done that.
People will just tell you to stfu despite of how polite you are.
They just tell you that staff are doing the best they can, and youll just have to be patient. Then 6 months later you try again and same reponse. Again 6 months later you try, and, guess?
"STFU. If your no happy, just fu***** leave."

Guyver991;478239 said:
If I understand it right, the staff does not really have to do anything. Correct me if I am wrong, but they don't get paid for doing this, do they?

Demise's Staff is wonderfull. They all are very occupied and still they are present every day (when not all, some, or at least one) and everyone can see they have a genuine love the this game and helping players.

Its Ryan that doenst show his face here in a long time, not even to tell us if he is really coding something when he has some free time, or if we can just forget about the whole thing.

Its not the delay that uncourages people. Its false hope.

uome

Bug Hunter

I understand your frustation but the staff here don't have any control over what gets changed or updated thats down to the runuo guys, so your ranting at the wrong people.
The staff here do a great job with what they have and i'm sure they are looking forward to updates too, even if it's just to stop the moaning. Maybe if there was some news occasionally from the runuo team as to what is happening, how much progress has been made etc... that would stop a lot of these complaint threads.

I am puzzled though too because hybrid has the rose of trinsic in it's donation store. Isn't that an osi vet reward so shouldn't we have this aswell? even if it is just in the store.
Anyway, moaning here isn't going to get anything done.

ok as far as the people telling me stfu goto hell.as far as what im complaining about is the fact that the claims made by this server is why i came to this server when defiance went extreamly downhill.adn to claim to be osi clone means u should be osi clone period.

2as far as yamadons and succubuss a sucubus has not better lut then the skele dragons or aw's and yamadons are the same to every single creature even doom booses that are soloed suck so dont feed me that BS ive tryed everything

i agree fully with the player that said they should let some player coder start doing it if they dont have time anymore recrute someone who dose.

and as far as my post bein annoying then dont freekin read it!

sanityindeath;478253 said:
ok as far as the people telling me stfu goto hell.as far as what im complaining about is the fact that the claims made by this server is why i came to this server when defiance went extreamly downhill.adn to claim to be osi clone means u should be osi clone period.
Well, you won't find any other freeshard that's closer. I've checked, and each and every one of them skew it intentionally to favor the owner's ideas of how to make PvP better. This is literally the only serious freeshard that isn't explicitly PvP-oriented, and quite possibly the only shard with more than 20 players on average where PvP skills aren't proportionately faster than other skills to raise than compared to OSI.

2as far as yamadons and succubuss a sucubus has not better lut then the skele dragons or aw's and yamadons are the same to every single creature even doom booses that are soloed suck so dont feed me that BS ive tryed everything
I said paragons; I'd recommend that if you're going to try to trash people, you actually bother to read what they say first. Paragons give a heck of a lot better loot than you'd get as a newb taking skeletal dragons. Heck, even blood elemental paragons give pretty decent loot.

As far as getting all the mods you want, remember that it's (pseudo) random chance. Almost all mods are equal in likelihood of generating; the only exception is the mutually-exclusive hit-spell effect. So that means on every weapon that drops, you've only got a 1-in-25 shot of it having the mod you want. No, it's not any better on OSI.

I'd also remind you that on OSI, while the loot may PERHAPS be better, you'd never be solo'ing those skeletal dragons like you are now, since there they have necromancy. They also have much better AI, so an archer with a horselord is just going to nuke themselves after the thing Blood Oath's them.

Or you could just get the banstick for violating rule #1 of the shard. (that is the one about not being harassing to other players)

gugutz

Knight

i agree fully with the player that said they should let some player coder start doing it if they dont have time anymore recrute someone who dose.

I said that, but i hardly believe Ryan would pass his project to another man to handle.

Besides, as i said, RunUO is opensource, but Demise isnt.
That means that even if we could do some coding and help with RunUO development, we woudnt be able to upload the new version into demise's server, cause Ryan decides such things, but where is Ryan? :eek:

People will always preffer to read and tell you to stfu rather then just don't reading it. IDK why, thought...

dxmfixation

Wanderer

ok as far as the people telling me stfu goto hell... *snip* and as far as my post bein annoying then dont freekin read it!

Don't read it... that's just retarded. That's like looking at a book and without even picking it up saying "Nah, won't read that one, it's stupid and a waste of my time." How would you like it if the very posts you made to staff never got read because they assume, and rightfully so, that most posts are a waste of their time?

gugutz;478260 said:
People will always preffer to read and tell you to stfu rather then just don't reading it. IDK why, thought...

Believe it or not, I do it as much to keep people from drawing unnecessary grief upon themselves as to vent anger at the same issues.

Also I never told the guy to stfu, just not to be a prick when making posts to the staff, or if he's going that route to have some balls. Nowhere did I say stfu. In fact I backed him up on his issue. Some people get ass-hurt too easily.