UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Windows 7 and UO

Phallen

Sorceror
Windows 7 and UO

I've just recently installed Windows 7 and I'm having a few issues with Razor. I downloaded the most recent razor. When I intiate Razor it comes up with an error message, stating that Razor was unable to locate and load a suitable UO cliloc file. Anyone know how I can remedy this? I can start UO without razor, no problem.

Phallen

Sorceror
Re: Windows 7 and UO

Figured it out. For anyone else with this problem, make sure you run Razor in compatibilty mode (Windows XP (service pack 2)). Then right click icon and "Run as Admin". When the razor menu opens up, do not auto detect. Do it manually, meaning browse your computer and find the UO Client... Dbl click and well-la, you're in!

Phallen

Sorceror

Another question for Window 7 users.. WHen I try setting my hotkeys I get a "LanguageString "3002035" not found" How in the world do you set skills/spells in Razor?

Phallen

Sorceror

Nahh.. Figured it out.. I was downloading UO from the offical website, which totally messed everything up... It appears there are missing files that Razor looks for... Anyhow, I went to RunUO's website and DL'd UO... Now everything runs perfect.. I didnt even have to use the Compadibility option nor the admin option..

Tusk

Sorceror

you will have more porblems later. including frame lags and razor map not being able to stick to the game

theobe;2065543 said:
window 7 suck hardtime

also does vista

you obviously have never used it, and if so, must have been on a shit pc. windows 7 is amazing in so many ways.

Tusk;2065565 said:
you will have more porblems later. including frame lags and razor map not being able to stick to the game

just because you have problems doesn't mean everyone else will. there is not one single thing on windows 7 that does not work properly that i have encountered.

With a few tweaks that were the best of Xp and Vista's features to my windows 7 64bit ultimate, i <3 it.

Thail

Wanderer

I have the same problem. Reinstalling Razor and/or UO with patch does not fix this. RunUO download does not work (thought we were past the command prompt days??). Everything is patched to latest available. I'm out of ideas :( anyone have any more thoughts?

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member

Right-click the shortcut you use to start Razor. Click "Properties". Go to the "Compatibility" tab and make sure the following options are selected:
[x] Disable desktop composition
[x] Disable visual themes

No other options have to be selected. Press "Apply" and "OK", then restart Razor.