UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Wondering if an idea is doable...

Moonsongtx

Wanderer
Years ago, I took place in a festival on Great Lakes. While it was headed up by a volunteer Seer, her job was mainly to get people to work together. All prizes were donated by the guilds and communities that took part in the festival itself. Prizes included gold, armor, rares, and more.

There were many games held throughout the three day event. Some of the favorites included archery competitions, magery pet summoning competitions (where the judge called out something that could be summoned by the mage spell and the first person so summon that one won), scavenger hunts, and more. Also, treasure hunts and fishing net trips were led from the fairgrounds (which on Great Lakes was east of Skara Brae near the farms).

Now granted (and please don't flame me for saying this) this was after Trammel came in and it was done in Trammel to keep PKers from ruining the fun. It was a great community-building event though. People who were strangers no longer were silent when passing each other in towns. Not only that but it was wonderful for guild recruitment!

While I understand Hybrid is a PvP server, there are areas that are set aside for non-combat stuff. I wonder if an activity like this would be possible or even if anyone would be interested in it for that matter. I think something like it could be set up in a town to cut down on PvP interruption, but since I'm not into the whole faction thing I don't know what towns are faction-free.

Any ideas, or suggestions?

BTW, an old article about that festival can be found here: http://town.uo.com/bnn/article_423.html

Dang. Just realized that I put this in the wrong forum. :( If someone with mod rights reads this, could you please move it to player-run events please? :)

YewGuards

Sorceror
I much prefer a pvp/rp shard over an rp/pvm only shard anyway. I certainly think this is possible, perhaps if we could get one of the gm's to make one of the structures within the rp town to give us "ban" abilities. A few years back, there were Seer's on Hybrid and they use to just open a private gate at each guild hq that would lead to an rp only tourny. Maybe we can get that up and going?

If we're going to work without the help of a seer/gm, we may want to host such an event in town or inside someones house.

Moonsongtx

Wanderer
That's a possibility too (having it in a house). It could help with something else I thought of to add to the day and that's having a vendor mall area where people could set up vendors just for the duration of the festival.

Something else that I haven't found on Hybrid yet is an auction house. Does anyone have one that holds auctions on a regular basis?

YewGuards

Sorceror
I would throw a char in "Grds" aka Night's Watch to better communicate with other rpers. A lot of guilds like the Orcs, Und and SoK members have thrown characters in this guild to organize events or raids via guild chat.

As for an event, we're going to try and get one together tomorrow. We would love any help possible. We usually host a duel, then raid the Orcs in Yew. Then sometimes we get in a war with reds at the rp town, they tend to just grief us, but hey if you bring crap loot like I do, it doesn't matter :)

Moonsongtx

Wanderer
I do. I am Tajar in Grds. Just been on my tamer a lot more as I've been enjoying house design and my tamer pulls in more money than my thief does. hehe But yah later today I'll have to log in on Tajar and ask around. :)

Marfu

Traveler
I don't know about having a non-PvP zone. Perhaps we just need some decent guards to keep murderers distracted. As long as they can be kept from earthquaking, then the events should be relatively safe right? I used to host all sorts of events on a previous server a couple years ago. It was pretty standard to have some sort guard on watch (usually tamers)

Marfu

Traveler
I would throw a char in "Grds" aka Night's Watch to better communicate with other rpers. A lot of guilds like the Orcs, Und and SoK members have thrown characters in this guild to organize events or raids via guild chat.

Isn't there a mIRC RP chat room? I've yet to go there, but it would seem easier perhaps. Even a vent channel would be easy.

crikey

Sorceror
Hell yeah this would be fantastic!

Fantastic to crash in and rape and pillage all the roleplayers with eleventeen other EQ/MS guildmates ;)

YewGuards

Sorceror
I would pop in #rpring and #orc for now. You can always just use mibbit.com so you don't have to download mIRC.