UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Year round vendor mall?

Should there be a year round vendor mall?

• Total voters

Oenomaus

Hybrid Staff Member
I honestly have mixed feelings on this idea.
I do love the idea and we actually talked about this before with the Spring trade fair (staff wise) to see if we would do a permanent vendors setup.

The negative I would say is that it would honestly could compete with regular vendor malls. (I mean people use to make money selling their own house vendor spots for people to rent out). Would it be bad for staff to do this sort of thing to compete with others on this? Also this may compete with future trade fairs we have and may dilute it a bit.

However, the way I can see to balance this out would be to charge very large weekly fees. Like 50-200k per a week perhaps. Prime time location for people to sell their goods. This though may limit the selection of goods being sold but lets have a discussion on it.

This overall is actually something we can do as general GM staff and it could work out. Locations I would assume be near Brit bank perhaps? Or a different city?

I would like to hear more from other people.

crikey

Sorceror
This is a great idea!

Having a big vendor mall, like the trade fair, near Britain bank would be wonderful for returning players. As Hybrids long awaited updates are implemented, the server MAY draw back returning players, who are going to need to purchase basic necessities.

Returning to UO after your houses and all your stock has vanished SUCKS. At least with this vendor mall, they will have easy access to supplies needed for a full return. I think this would encourage people who are contemplating a return to stay.

Where as, with no vendor mall, a returning player may log in, not be able to find suitable vendors to buy the thingsthey need to return to full play, get frustrated and possibly leave again

crikey

Sorceror
I must add, Im not sure I like the idea of big vendor rental fees. This would discourage small buisness owners from peddling cheaper wares.

I loove buying cheap crap :)

With a huge vendor rental fee, I think itll end up being mostly rares and clothing and that sorta crap, and less supplies for actual gameplaying. Who is gonna pay 200k a week to sell 2k gp sets of leather armor? Or 5k vanquishing weapons?

Keep the vendor fees low I say I say!

The are only two vendor malls that I currently know about. Melody's TFA that is 2x over priced and a new one that popped up at Skara Brae (good prices but not anything special).
Edit * I do not even look at the vendors in yew anymore. Lucky to find someone on it that isn't 3x over priced. I would say a good 90% of yew is empty vendors which are so annoying clicking :(

The custom vendor mall will actually help everyone. I do not know of a single person that charges for vendor rentals because there is so much prime real estate.

If the population ever comes back and vendors start popping up in other places, then I would say we could discontinue it. Right now the only need for it is because of the almost complete lack of vendors.

I would say locate it someone besides brit (so it won't create any type of lag for brit faction pvp?) . I would have a gate at brit bank that leads you do a custom area (only guardzone). There could be a hot spot for mob of the month or anything else on the outside of the guard zone.

Montana

Hybrid Staff Member
I second oenomaus on this. We have discussed this concept and the possibility of altering how vendors take their "cut". A simple adjustment to vendor fees that would enhance the player incentive to stock their vendors.

We really appreciate the feedback and suggestions from players. We are listening :)

MelodyTFA

Squire
The are only two vendor malls that I currently know about. Melody's TFA that is 2x over priced and a new one that popped up at Skara Brae (good prices but not anything special).
Edit * I do not even look at the vendors in yew anymore. Lucky to find someone on it that isn't 3x over priced. I would say a good 90% of yew is empty vendors which are so annoying clicking :(

The custom vendor mall will actually help everyone. I do not know of a single person that charges for vendor rentals because there is so much prime real estate.

If the population ever comes back and vendors start popping up in other places, then I would say we could discontinue it. Right now the only need for it is because of the almost complete lack of vendors.
Oh we been closed for about 4 months i filed vendors with green fishing nets and shirts destined for the rare cub. Like this people cant complain about prices they can go directly shop at yew and all the other malls that people take time in there lifes to keep stocked and organized.... If i remeber to click uo this weekend i might gate a last time before removing the x mas cloths....get it before i hoard it :p

Hephaesta

Wanderer
Hmm, I think the Spring Fair trade should be something 'special' and it should stay that way. The Spring Fair trade was fun the first week after it started but after that players lost interest again and a lot of vendors did not get restocked. Maybe it is an idea to rent out a building in cities that can be reached by moongate? You can rent that building for ingame gold (good for the economy ;) ) and while it is in town it should be not guarded inside. This might create some pvp inside town and makes UO for a lot of people fun again.

Aragorn13

Traveler
I honestly have mixed feelings on this idea.
I do love the idea and we actually talked about this before with the Spring trade fair (staff wise) to see if we would do a permanent vendors setup.

The negative I would say is that it would honestly could compete with regular vendor malls. (I mean people use to make money selling their own house vendor spots for people to rent out). Would it be bad for staff to do this sort of thing to compete with others on this? Also this may compete with future trade fairs we have and may dilute it a bit.

However, the way I can see to balance this out would be to charge very large weekly fees. Like 50-200k per a week perhaps. Prime time location for people to sell their goods. This though may limit the selection of goods being sold but lets have a discussion on it.

This overall is actually something we can do as general GM staff and it could work out. Locations I would assume be near Brit bank perhaps? Or a different city?

I would like to hear more from other people.
MAN MOTHER FUCKER AMERİGO AND MERLİN BEEN FUCKİNG YEW ROOF. HOARDED THE PLACES KİLLED THE VENDORİNG.

Dudeman9000

Sorceror
Fair should be an event.

Anyone who wants vendor spots @ yew gate msg me - I have tons of room! I've been inactive & have been slacking on keeping vendors stocked.

We have player rewards (crappy items no one wants/needs) - maybe we create a similar reward for vendors. Based on length of time vendor has been in business or amt of gold obtained. Or reward the shop owner. Either way, something to achieve or "work" for is always a better solution.

MelodyTFA

Squire
Oh we been closed for about 4 months i filed vendors with green fishing nets and shirts destined for the rare cub. Like this people cant complain about prices they can go directly shop at yew and all the other malls that people take time in there lifes to keep stocked and organized.... If i remeber to click uo this weekend i might gate a last time before removing the x mas cloths....get it before i hoard it :p
Oh FFS guys....... Someone bought the green fishing nets...... really guys...... really?

Reign Flame

Knight
So we have only the wealthiest of players able to afford a vendor there, and the items they will most likely be trying to move (for that price) are high-end, rare* and perhaps really ugly; just on display for all new players to take one look at and cast doubts. With the current set up, it at least spreads those items out across player-ran vendor malls (who often go to great lengths to provide quality items, actively stocked).

I get that it's hard to know who is around anymore to shop, but that is only a symptom of lack of population. If Ryan's mission actually follows through, it could change that, and then a fair event will feel like it's enough.

* rare; meaning only one person playing right now is willing to sell

Oenomaus

Hybrid Staff Member
So, does anyone else have anything to say about this idea?
I get that people do not like the idea of charging for vendors since only "wealthy" ones will be able to afford.
Also it seems people are more keen on just keeping it trade fair sort of thing going on so its on and gone.

If we don't charge for vendors, then do we just do like ten to twenty vendors and have it first come first served sort of deal?

As Montana said already we have a sort of idea to fix up vendors slightly, but that will require the admin approving the code ect. But what else can we do to really encourage vendors malls or do a vendor setup in town?

Maybe have a raffle for a gate that goes to your house (Vendor mall) that is from Brit bank that pretty much gives you 24/7 advertising for lets say a month? That is pretty easy to do. (Of course people may be camping the moongate, but that is a the risk with any advertising anyways.)

Will do absolutely nothing. The need for the year round vendor mall is for overall playerbase ease. you either have to sell for half price or get charged double price to buy stuff now. The playerbase is insanely small. no reason to pussyfoot about it. need some drastic changes

MelodyTFA

Squire
So, does anyone else have anything to say about this idea?
I get that people do not like the idea of charging for vendors since only "wealthy" ones will be able to afford.
Also it seems people are more keen on just keeping it trade fair sort of thing going on so its on and gone.

If we don't charge for vendors, then do we just do like ten to twenty vendors and have it first come first served sort of deal?

As Montana said already we have a sort of idea to fix up vendors slightly, but that will require the admin approving the code ect. But what else can we do to really encourage vendors malls or do a vendor setup in town?

Maybe have a raffle for a gate that goes to your house (Vendor mall) that is from Brit bank that pretty much gives you 24/7 advertising for lets say a month? That is pretty easy to do. (Of course people may be camping the moongate, but that is a the risk with any advertising anyways.)

The problem is player based and economic. The vendor fees are ok they have been for 15 years of UO, they encourage offer and demand... if you sell to high it cost you gold so it encourages people to sell at a rate that people are willing to buy....... I thought of vendor zone and vendor gates from brit of course id love this since my gates are constantly blocked, killed, pvped at..... But this to is bad idea, we need have every player possible to be present at brit bank to encourage player base, that means my dead gate char. A yellow gate isnt appealing to a new player.... he rather see's a retard trying to town kill me.... So there is nothing to add to the vendor systeme is perfect like it is..... The problem is too many semi rares, not enough gold on in circulation.... I wont say anything about the player attitude probleme i have talked enought about this in the past